You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

A Shadow

 

My whole life has been based around the paranormal. My first time was when I was only two years old. I just got the details yesterday, but I never forgot the feelings.

My mom and dad lived with my aunt for the first year of there marriage. When they were about to move, my mother became pregnant with me. Then, two years later, my mom had my brother. My dad decided it was time to get there own house. So, my mom found a house and fell in love with it. The down side was that we needed land to put the house on. While my mom was at my aunt's packing, my dad found a nice piece of land. So, my uncle and he moved the house.

When my mom got there, she said the house gave her a funny filling, but my dad told her it was just her imagination. We unpacked everything and started to get ready for the first night in the new house. My mom and dad put us to bed and went to sleep on the couch in the living room. My brother and I had the room that was closes to the kitchen. My mother said that around 3 o'clock in the morning my brother started crying and then she heard me scream louder then ever before.

I remember seeing something standing above me. Then as if it was telling me to shhh. Then, the next thing was my mom running in the room and the thing just disappeared. My mom grabbed my brother and me and ran out the room then out the house. I turned around and saw my dad right behind us. My mom said that she tried to explain to my dad what she saw, but he didn't want to believe. So, after an hour we went back in the house, but my mom put us in the living room with them.

Everything started to settle down in the house. We tried to forget that night, but it was hard. My mom eventually put us back in the room. I sometimes remember waking up and seeing something standing above me. I never thought of it as a ghost. I thought of it as something that wanted to help me not hurt me. It did scare me because it wasn't a person, just a shadow.

We moved off of the land, because we found out that a man was buried under the house. So, as soon as my mom found out it was the land with a ghost present she got my dad to move the house. I have lived in that house my whole life and nothing has happened. I kind of miss that thing. Is that weird?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skull, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

skull (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
I did do a bit of research and it turns out the man under my house was purposly buried there by his daughter. He died of a heart attack and was creamated and put there. He was old, that is all I know but it does turn out I am related to him so I might be able to find something else out. I will let you know if I do. He was my great uncle.
skull (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
LouSlips

My life has been full of freaky things. I will write more stories in the future about other experiences. I am now 15 And I have had several things happen to me. I hope my futher stories will answer your question.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Skull,
Could you clarify one point. Your opening statement was that your entire life has been based around the paranormal.
Then you relate what happened to you when you were two. And then you state that all is well in the house since it was moved off of the dead guy.
What else has happened that prompts you to base your life on the paranormal?

Lou
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
Wow what a story! My 1st paranormal expirience was when I was 6- I had a spirit talk to me every now and then. But nothing harmful or mean. Then I saw my 1st spirit when I was hardly a teenager. Kinda scary when your young and do not know a lot about the paranormal. No I don't think its weird at all that you kind of miss him. But I would not go around searching for it or other spirits.
Take care!
~Jeanine~
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
what a great post thanks for sharing.
I do think it was more than likely the guy burried on the land that was visiting you and obviously did not want to scare you and wanted to comfort you like you say with the shh like parents will with a child that is crying or upset.
I don't think is is weird that you miss the spirit/shaddow as like you say it felt comforting to you not like it was harmful, it is natural to miss these kind of feeling towards someone even if they have passed on.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
That was an interesting read. I think that the shadow probably was linked to the body that was buried there. Would be interesting to know what happened to the man that is buried there (such as if he died from natural causes, or if it was from something more violent).

I think you did great on the story by the way and I think that it was well written.

Peace
JustCurious
SophXx (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
Skull

This was a really enjoyable story, very well detailed. The bit that freaked me out the most was the part when you said the man was buried under the house (omg). I hope you lot are ok now, take care.

SophXx ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: