You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Shadows In The Yellow House

Real Ghost Stories

Black Shadows In The Yellow House

 

When I was about eleven years old in the late eighties, my parents, younger sister and I moved into a big, yellow house in Quartz Hill, Ca. The house was brand-new. We moved in before it was finished; all that was left to do was hang a few interior doors and window blinds.

I was excited about moving into this house because my bedroom was bigger than any I'd had before. The first night in the house I had a horrible nightmare. I dreamt I was thirsty and went downstairs to the kitchen to get a drink. The kitchen is in the back of the house, and at that time there were no blinds on the windows facing the backyard.

I opened the fridge to grab a drink when I looked out the window to see a person walking behind the wall in our backyard- all I could see was their head and shoulders. As I watched the person turned and looked at me. Their face was a shadowy black and I couldn't make out any features except the eyes. The eyes were glowing silver and the sight of them sent a wave of sheer terror through me.

I woke up trembling, telling myself it was a dream. However, unlike most dreams, everything looked the way it did in real life which never happens in my dreams. Still, I thought it was just a particularly bad dream and didn't think anything more about it.

My sister reported seeing a disembodied hand resting on the doorknob to her bedroom and several other odd things around that time, but my parents and I wrote it off as a ploy to get attention.

Then one night- months after the dream- when I was home alone I took a shower and decided to catch a little cat nap before going out. I drifted off to sleep, but something woke me up. When I opened my eyes I saw a large black shadow leaning over me- with silver eyes! I was so terrified- I'd never seen anything like it- not in real life standing in my room with me. It vanished after a few seconds but it got me thinking that maybe my sister was telling the truth.

I saw that shadowy creature many more times over the next few months. When it stopped showing up there seemed to be plenty others there to take its place.

That was just the beginning of thirteen years of terror in that house that, at one point, drove me to a psychiatrist for help.

Other hauntings by Kristy_Glick

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kristy_Glick, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kristy_Glick (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
cosmogal926: We came to the conclusion that there was a portal in the house, right in the room where I saw the entity I mentioned in 'Not My Father'.

A lot of different stuff moved through that house, but that thing with the silver eyes was the one that started it for me.

Thanks for reading and commenting!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Hey Kristy, Yikes! Your description of the dark entity with silver eyes gave me the creeps. 😨It sounds like there is a portal in the house which made it easy for these spirits to enter in and out of. Thank you for sharing this with us, and I am interested in reading about your other experiences. 😊
Kristy_Glick (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
lynrinth: Yeah, the whole thing was pretty terrifying; even when I 'got used to it' it still scared the crap outta me! 😉

I still see stuff, as recently as a few days ago, but usually not as threatening as that black shadow.

Bhavyapattz: I think my dream was a dream, meaning I didn't leave my bed, but I'm sure that the black shadow worked its way into that dream. I had a handful of other dreams after that where something was clearly trying to scare me.

It's difficult to say how I could tell the difference between those dreams and a garden-variety nightmare, but it felt like there was an intelligence on the outside manipulating things.

Thank you both for reading and commenting! 😁
bhavyapattz (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
thanks for sharing!
Its good they didn't hurt you. It would realy terrifying though found some creppy shadow leaned into you. Glad its over!
Did you had that dream or another creepy dream again that you think it was real. I think your first dream was real.maybe.
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Boy, waking up to seeing something like that over would give me the creeps, too! But it sounds like you don't live there anymore. Hopefully where you live now, nothing too bad happens.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: