You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Handprints

Real Ghost Stories

Handprints

 

In 1991 at the age of 11, my family moved into a larger house in a different city. I never had an all-American happy family. We were like any other dysfunctional family.

When we moved into the 4 bedroom house (This time 6 kids) we were all happy. I remember walking in excited. Things were normal. We grew up having CPS (Child Protective Services) on our tails since I was in the 3rd grade. I'd rather not get into that as I finally put it behind me. I can remember things slowly coming about.

One day my friend was over. The dining room and living room connected together and we were all at the table talking when the TV turned on by itself. My friend thought we were playing around and said "ok...who did that? Who has the remote?" My mom says "We don't have a remote." It freaked her out and she left. After this incident more and more things started to occur. By this time I was a teen. I would come home from school and hear things clinging around upstairs. I thought 'ok...maybe my brothers are home' and I'd go upstairs and check it out to find nobody there. I would hear things throughout the house when nobody was home. It became a routine that I never felt alone and I NEVER stayed there alone.

I would wake up probably between 3:30-4am for a drink of water. As I'd go to turn out the kitchen light, I'd see an old lady in the reflection of the window just staring back at me. So I would not turn off the light and just go back to bed. I have seen this for many years.

We would have a set bedtime and it usually takes me over a half an hour to fall asleep. Everybody else would be asleep, except for my mom who was always at the table. I would hear footsteps come up the stairs and I would count the steps (as I always had a thing for counting the steps on the stairs) and as Id count with it as it reached the top of the stairs it would stop and I would be waiting for my mom to come in and say something to me.

One night after hearing it every night and waiting for someone to come in my room, I got out of bed and asked my mom. "Mom, did you just come upstairs? "She would say "No, Now go back to bed". It left me puzzled. CPS ended up removing what was now 7 children from the home, placing us with family. We were able to come home after 7 months and 2 months later taken out again. In order to get and keep us in the house my parents had to do some work in it and that included repainting all the bedrooms.

I was placed back with my aunt, as the rest of the kids went to foster care allowing only supervised visitations. My aunt was awesome and would take me to visit without the states' knowledge/approval.

One day we stopped by my parents house. My dad was the only 1 home. He said "Come here. I want to show you guys something "and he led us upstairs to my bedroom. He was repainting it. He said" I was bending over to get more paint on the roller and I thought I hit the wall. So I start checking my shirt for paint." He always wore black t-shirts. He continued to say" And that's when I noticed this..." and he pointed to the half size wall that was the opening to my room. He pointed to little kids handprints that looked like a 4 or 5 year old. He said "The kids weren't here for any visits, your mom was gone." It shined perfectly from the glare from the window. The handprints weren't smudged; the fingers were spreaded out as if the child used the wall to break its fall.

I would hear my siblings toys going off before this and didn't think anything of it. My mom experienced things while we were placed out of the home as well as my father, and brothers. I will never forget this as it was my first haunting experience.

Other hauntings by kristinarodriguez1980

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kristinarodriguez1980, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
I agree with cosmogal926 about the caseworker. I work with kids all the time (both as a professional job and volunteering) and I can't get it over my head that there are people like that who are suppose to keep the interest of the kids in mind.

Kristinarodriguez1980, is it a possibility to just go check out the house and see if you feel anything? Just out of curiosity.

Ikachu,
You are right about the salt. Salt is considered to be a pure element and spirits are known for not liking it.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Hi Kristina, I am so sorry for the troubles you and your family endured when you were growing up. I can not imagine how difficult it was to be separated from your parents and siblings at times. On top of that having to deal with paranormal activity in your home, you must have never felt at peace. They say that negative energy can stir up activity, so with everything going on I'm sure the spirits must have been running rampid. I was happy to hear that the caseworker got fired. In my opinion, I think he/she should have been brought up on charges as well. Thanks for sharing this with us, and take care ❤
kristinarodriguez1980 (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Thanks for the thoughts. I would NEVER put up anything that's not true. I don't lie/make up stories for attention.
This true event happened from the ages of 11-14 when I was completley out of my parents care, for they ended up in a divorce in order to get us back... Long story short, years later the same caseworker was fired for pretty much destroy families in that manner.
My mother lived there for at least 12 years and has had lots of things happen to her as well. I know another family has lived there, but moved out. I heard it was up for rent again. Id DEFINETLY would move back there... If I didn't have children.LoL
That house was definetly haunted. It was proven. 😁
ikachu (3 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
This is a well-told story. I'm not saying it's fake, because I know well that ghosts are all too real. If you really feel strongly about the ghosts in the house, you may try sprinkling salt around the outside perimeter of the house and in each room itself. Yes, it sounds strange, using salt to ward off ghosts. But this is how it works: if the experiences stop occuring, then you got it in the nick of time; the ghost was an angry/evil spirit. However, if nothing is changed, then the spirit is a safe, harmless ghost. It maay also be a guardian angel, there to ward off the evil spirits. I'm not exactly sure if the salt thing works, but it's something to try. You might also want to do the holy water trick or contact professionals. Hope this helped ^-^ 😁
Shaw (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
hmm. Seems like it is a real spirit. Try sprinkling holy water all over your house. And in the rooms. Don't forget to pray whenever you feel anything creepy. Stay calm, don't get scared because it will make the spirit more brave. And it will become strong. Don't get attentive to any poltergeist activity... Just ignore what happens ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: