You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Headless Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Headless Ghost

 

I am teenager but I am about to tell is not a lie or joke, I take ghost/ ghost hunting very seriously. This story gives me chills every time I talk about it, at the time I was fifteen. My room is next to our livingroom, and a little diagonal from the kitchen. So from the right angle I can see into the kitchen from my room.

One morning I woke up with dark still filling my room because of the time only being 5:30am. I needed to use the bathroom but sat on the edge of my bed for for a little to let myself wake up before I stood up.

I still don't know why but I just had the urge to look into the livingroom/kitchen area. I seen a male figure walking back and forth, past the kitchen doorway and into the diningroom. I just sat there in fear that if I moved it would know I was there. Then I realized there was no head attached to the body which wore a blue zip-up hoody and jeans. It continued to wander as I watching, wide-eyed. The scary part was when it started to walk towards my room, I quickly rolled back in bed and, like a little kid, I pulled the cover over my head. Sweat began to form on my head, I was the only one on that floor because my parents' room is on the second floor and my brother was not living with us.

Another story that I think is the same man is the summer between seventh and eighth grade I heard something almost every night. My parents would either be in bed upstairs or my dad would be out of town and my mom in bed, so I dreaded nights because I was alone. I stayed up late, sometimes until I was so exhausted that I would go to sleep right away and not hear any thing. It was always the same place and thing. The kitchen has a door that leads to the basement and also has a door leading to the outside. I would watch TV and hear someone/something slam the outside door and stomp up the steps. Sometimes the locked door knob would jiggle like someone was trying to get in. A few times I thought that someone broke in but this use to happen in the winter also with fresh snow not disturbed by tracks. As I type this I feel like someone's watching me, but usually it's pretty quiet now. I grew not to fear them, they are just people.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Clairvoyant94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Where are all the ghosts heads? This is like the 4th post with a headless ghost. Strange...

~LSD~
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Clairvoyant94,
Good for you! You've gotten past the fear, so you don't have to suffer that lecture. 😉 Kidding!
What you've seen and heard sound like they are more of the residual type of haunting. If you aren't familiar with what that is, it's basically a recording of some past occurrence that just replays itself, over and over. Something that was part of the everyday comings and goings of some previous residents. The opening and shutting of the back door followed by the handle jiggling are a classic example of that. So is the pacing back and forth of the image you saw. It may not have fully manifested because either it never has or perhaps it is finally beginning to fade away.
Either way, you have a very healthy outlook of your situation as far as just living with it goes. The feeling of being watched could just be a natural reaction to the things going on around you.
However, if any of this does happen to change pattern or escalate at all, please come back and update us on any changes, and maybe we can help you figure some of it out and come up with some solutions to help you deal with those changes.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, it's always nice to hear from someone who has their situation well in hand. You're doing great!

Jav 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
I think if you don't feel threatened, to stand your ground, and lay down some rules that it should follow if it wants to stay around the house.

One other thing I would recommend would be along the lines of what geetha50 says, which is to speak with your parents and see what they say.

Then a third recommendation I would have is to try and do some research and see if there was anything tragic that has happened in the past at that house (as far as any deaths, murders, etc.) and see if that could link to a possibility of who the ghost/spirit may be.

Peace
JustCurious
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
Have you talked to your about parents about this? What did they say about this? Also, what is the feeling do get from it when feel like it's watching you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: