You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ongoing Fear

Real Ghost Stories

Ongoing Fear

 

It started when I was 8.

It was the middle of the summer, and I was lying in bed, it was about 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning and I couldn't sleep. It felt like I was awake for hours, when I started to get the feeling someone was watching me, so I looked over at my sister and she was asleep. And there was no-one else in the room as it was a box room. I heard whispering and giggling.

I sat up in my bed and looked and looked but couldn't find anything or anyone. Suddenly my blanket went flying off me. I sat in shock for what felt like minutes but it was of course only a second, and I started hammering on the wall screaming for my mother but there was no sound coming out of my mouth. She came running in and grabbed me; she said it was a nightmare, so I told her I was awake most of the night. I thought she wouldn't believe me, but it turned out that stuff was happening to one of my brothers too.

Some years later I was pregnant with my first child and I ended up staying in the same room this night. I woke to the sound of the door opening and closing. I felt someone rub my hair as if to comfort me; it didn't scare me at all. What scared me was the girl standing at the door in a lovely lace nightgown, at first I thought it was my little sister so I told her to get back into bed, but she was asleep next to me.

Several other things had happened in that house with several of my family members and friends over the years. I will talk about them another time if you like.

I now live at my own place with my husband and kids, and the fear is back, and someone is watching me again and this time it's starting to affect one of my sons. He tells me there's a man in his room at night that sings to him. He is 7 years old so I no he can't be making it up.

Whatever it is, it's attached to me and my family members, does anyone think it's dangerous or could get nasty and violent? I would love to read your comments or help if you have any. All is welcome. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, louisem3471, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mollybodell (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
the same thing happened to me just not the cover thing just girl in the door way... One night I was with my mate staying in my house we was in bed at the time but my mate fell asleep on me so I went asleep but something woke me up at round about half 3 and I looked around not scared at all but then shivers run down my spine there was a girl standing in the door way an she looked at me and then walked away:S xxxxx
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
The spirit of fear is a powerful one. I pray you & your family are released from it. I've struggled with fear myself & it's no fun. They feed of of our fear, it's sick & twisted but true. My heart goes out to you. Bless you & yours. MC ❤

~LSD~
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Louisem - your comment about the history of your neighborhood is interesting - didn't know that people were killed for witchcraft as late as the 1800's; it sounds like the nuns were innocent and the priests who executed them had other grievances. Since said priests got their karma returned to them in short order, it appears there are plenty of potential ghosts in the neighborhood!
louisem3471 (1 stories) (15 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
thanks for your comments guys,, the first house that I lived in is my mothers house... I did some research on it when I was 16... The house was built near an old catholic church that was burned to the ground just over 200 years ago... There are six different housing estates built around the grounds of this church... The house I'm in now is in the same estate as my mothers but it was built next to a motor-way...but the story of the land goes,, in 1802 there were 12 priests and five nuns that lived on the church grounds and supposedly the nuns had been caught practicing witch-craft.when they realised that they had been seen they went into hiding. They were found by 4 of the priests several days later and were convicted of being satan worshipers and were put to death for their crime... They were hung on a little hill on a large tree, which still stands there today. The bishop of the church and several familys did not believe the nuns did anything wrong were also put to death one by one,men,women and children and buried in unmarked graves around the land... The land itsself is about 2.5 miles long. And now has 2 churchs 3 schools in the centre of the estates... The old church itself was burned down (with the priests locked inside) by the neighboring townsmen for wrongfully convicting innocent people of such a horrific crime... Its really sad to learn that children let alone people were murdered for no reason at al.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Doesn't sound dangerous to me. Just sounds like you, you son and some other family members have the ability to sense spirits. I don't know about the blanket thing. Maybe you did dream that (such dramatic episodes are always suspect, especially since they never seem to be caught on tape by anyone). I would reassure you son that these things can't hurt him and that if he is afraid he can tell them firmly to leave him alone.
obsessed14 (7 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Well...I would say that it wouldn't get violent. I think you should just leave it alone. If you haven't gotten hurt then just ignore it and try your best to do it. If your children are scared I would try my best to explain that it is their friend. Hope you do okay.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I would say that if it is not scaring your child, more than likely it is not a threat. I have learned the hard way that children at that age don't make those things up. Especially if the child has never been told about any of the previous experiences. I would recommend that you do a research on the property you live in now to see what you can find. Also see if you can find a recording device and leave it recording at night in your son's room. You might find something there.
Keep us posted!

Luv ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I can see a 7 year old making up a story or excuse to prevent getting in trouble for something. But I don't see why they would lie about something like this. It is very common for children to see and hear spirits and as you mentioned at the beginning of your story you were 8 when you experienced things. Which is pretty close in age to what your son is now. It is possible that you have a spirit attached to you from the old house, or your son is experiencing something entirely different. I don't know for sure if this spirit/entity is potentially dangerous, but you could talk out loud to it and set some rules. Tell it that it is not allowed harm your son or anyone in the home. Is is not allowed to scare or bother anyone in your family. You can also talk to your son, and let hime know that it is ok for him to tell the man to go away as well. If these things don't work, you can always do a smudging, or have your home blessed. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
You may want to keep an eye out incase it does change. Cause I know sometimes demons will take the appearance of friendlier spirits to make you feel comfortable and then change to their true form after.

I just wouldn't be so quick to call it evil though. Keep an eye on it and see if they appear to change in how they act for now.

Peace
JustCurious
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
It amazes me that people believe children don't make things up. Kids lie by nature... They don't know it's wrong unless you teach them. I'm not saying your child was lying, but it's a definite possibility he was making this up, or imagining it.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I mean, your son could be making things up at seven, technically. But I agree, he probably isn't. I've heard of ghostly playmates interacting in many ways with children, but singing--that's new to me. I wonder what the ghost sings about. Can your son recognize the song? I know this is going to be an over asked question, but do you know the history of either house? You might be a haunted person, but to me, it sounds like you just happened to live in two haunted houses.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: