You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Petey And Him

Real Ghost Stories

Petey And Him

 

Throughout my life I been fascinated with the paranormal and other odd phenomena, but when it gets to me I hate it. These experiences I have still happen to me to this day and are they effect me enough to where I dislike to do certain things in dark places because of the fear. Anyways Petey is my teddy bear that I have had since birth. Him and I have lived life together and I consider him to be my best friend even though hes not real. And then there is "Him", All I consider him is a shadow. A evil being. This I not just something I see at the corner of my eye. I have encountered him many times in my life. The evil being is just a shadow but he does one thing when I focus, He grins. The grin brings a terror in my heart so powerful it seriously feels like my heart will stop. There are many horrific encounters I have had with him but one has been the worst.

It was a normal Saturday night at my grandfathers. I was very young. I was about 10 or 11. My grandfather, his partner, my sister, and I were finishing a movie and getting ready for bed. I was walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I see a shadow standing next to the door of the bathroom. The bathroom light was on but all I focused on was him. He grinned at me and it looked like he was hailing me to come to the bathroom. Terrified I cried and My grandfather came to my aid. I was still in the hallway while this was happening. He calmed me down in placed and I looked up to see nothing there. He escorted me to the bathroom and I brushed my teeth. All of a sudden the lights cut out and the door shuts and locks. I quickly throw everything down and try to scream for help but I couldn't. It felt as if someone were holding my mouth with their hand. I hear a whisper in my ear. "Listen for me tonight. I have something to show you." I closed my eyes and suddenly I felt free and safe. I opened my eyes to nothing in sight with the door open, and the light on. This really scared me.

30 minutes later our grandfather was putting us to bed and tucking us in. I slept in the living room because I didn't like to share beds with my sister. I held Petey in my hand tightly as my grandfather said goodnight, left the room, and turned the light off. So I went to sleep with no problems. I wake up suddenly to the light call of my name. Petey wasn't in my hands. I checked around the dark room only to find him facing the window as if he were looking outside. I wanted to cry but I was more focused on getting Petey. I grabbed him and checked outside. My eyes widened and my heart pounded. I Saw him outside standing still in the distance. He stared back and grin but there was one thing that was even easier to notice. He held butterfly knife. I didn't understand how a shadow could hold a knife. I focused my sight even though I scared half to death only to make my fear worse. Laying next to him looked to be a shadow of a young girl. Even though she was a shadow to her features were easy to see. I looked as if her throat was sliced, she was stabbed multiple times in her chest and her hair was nearly pulled from her head. The shadow of the girl stared at me to. The look in her eyes was the same terror as mine.

All of a sudden a loud scream just ROARS. I quickly run for my life back to my couch and quickly tighten myself in the covers and plug my ears. Petey was tightly in my lap. I unplug my ears and peak just an eye up to check on everything. I see the shadow of him standing across the room. Angered and scared. I lunge at the shadow with Petey in my hand as a weapon. His grin turns disappears and I swung aimlessly and the shadow with Petey. It disappears and the presence I feel is gone.

Ever since that day I don't do anything at night without Petey with me. And I honestly don't know I recall everything so fondly like it happened yesterday but it was so scary. For some reason the shadow with never get close even to touch me when Petey in in my hands. Of course I still see the shadow but he has never gotten close enough to hurt me. I don't understand.

Why am I being targeted by this thing. And why is Petey like a guardian from whatever this is? Comments and help appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Skytop1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Hi ya'll it's nothing wrong to have a Stuffed toys with you for safe keep I too have childhood Blanket that my grandma made for me for 38 YEAR AGO I still have it... Nothing to be shame of also very creepy about this shadow being.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
What a terrifying story! I don't know what I would've done if I were in your shoes. Don't worry, I have a soft toy/bear and I'm 22 years old, his name is Twinken. It would be good to know how old you are now, just to make things a little clearer in my mind. Have you seen this entity before?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
holy crap this is a very scary story and I can picture the details in my mind. Spooky
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
Hi Skytop, pretty creepy stuff you got here. I am going to agree with champion and DemonTeddy. I believe the shadow you call "him" backed away from you because you showed courage. Sometimes objects like teddy bears or dolls give people a sense of strength and comfort. I think that because you consider Petey your best friend you were able to find courage in yourself to fight. I think that's is a wonderful thing, and I hope you never have to encounter this shadow again. Has anyone else in your family seen this shadow? Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊
DemonTeddy (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
Hey~

Just because I'm either too careless to look, or too ignorant to notice, how old are you exactly?

Also, not that I'm branding you a liar, but I don't see how you could make out certain details about those "shadows" you spoke about. Like the slit throat, almost pulled out hair, et ceterer. Could you explain a bit more about that? O.o

People find comfort and strength in all kinds of things, people & objects. For you it was the teddybear, for others it will be different. Just try to remember that these things, especially the object kind, cannot come to life and protect you.
So my theory is that the "entities" that you're seeing are moving the teddybear to gain your attention and thus is not the bear protecting you at all.

Also one last question, have the sightings actually stopped?

-Teddy
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
your faith that Petey can protect you is what drove this thing away. My wife has a doll that she has had since a tiny child over thirty years now that she still sleeps with at times, his name is Sonny and my wife feels as though he watches over her and protects her. Some people are more sensitive than others may be why you are seeing this thing, talk to your parents/grandparents about what you have seen and your fears and ask to get the house blessed/cleansed by someone of your religous background.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: