You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My House Went Through Tough Times

Real Ghost Stories

My House Went Through Tough Times

 

I was born in Australia, and then moved to Hong Kong when I was 4. We rented out our old house while we were in Hong Kong. The family that was renting our house stopped renting it, while we were in Hong Kong. A few months later we moved back to Australia, by then we had been living in Hong Kong for 4 years. When we got back to the house that had been rented out, it felt different. I had very little memories from the house because when I left I was only 4, but I remember it having a happy feeling. Now it just felt depressing. The first year we lived there nothing big happened except the car keys would always go missing and would be found in weird spots like one time it was hidden in our bowl of flour.

My father started renovating he started with my room, so I moved to the spare room upstairs. The room layout for upstairs was a small hallway; at the end of the hallway was the kid's rumpus room. If you leave the room and walk down the hallway the first room you would walk past is the spare bedroom, then the bathroom. The bathroom had two entrances; one entrance was from the hall the other from the spare bedroom each of the entrances had a wooden sliding door. I went to bed upstairs one night and I was about to fall asleep when I heard strange banging or crashing sounds coming from the rumpus room. I was frightened out of my mind, to make things worse it stopped, then I heard the very distinct sound of the hallways bathroom door slide open then shut. My entrance to the bathroom was shut but I knew something was behind that door; I stayed up staring at the door for some time until I fell asleep.

Soon my dad had finished reservations not just on my room, but the whole house we no longer have the wooden sliding doors in the upstairs bathroom. Something weird started happening in my room that freaked me out. Late at night I started hearing footsteps that came from outside my window. Just to let you know outside my window was a path that connected our garage to the backyard. The footsteps got louder every night. One night I heard a someone whispering this scared me so much I ran to the downstairs bathroom and slept on towels for the rest of the night. But the creepiest thing that happened was that one night the footsteps started up, by then I was used to it so I didn't pay much attention. I was facing my door so I turned over and faced the window and there was a shadowy figure, normally I would be freaking out but the figure had a calming effect. The figure then started to fade until it was completely gone.

My parents told me a few days later something about the person who was renting the house, which made sense. The reason why the people stopped renting is because the son and father died in a tragic car crash. The mother went into depression and wouldn't let anyone talk to her about it she would just change the subject. She got help and she is now okay, but the house still had a depressing feel so she moved out. My parents knew this because one of the neighbours told them about the tragic event.

We moved out, other people moved in and I don't know how they're going, but I'm sure they would of noticed something by now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hunnybunny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hunnybunny (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
thanks for all the coments its been a few years since I have moved out and I have not heared from the prvious owners. The reason I ran to the bathroom was it was oppisite my bedroom and I was scared of the dark.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Interesting story. One thing kind of sticks out though. Why did you run to the downstairs bathroom and sleep on towels rather than run to a room with a sofa or comfortable chair and sleep there? Just wondering because it seems a bit odd.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
hunnybunny: It seems that your home had absorbed the negative and sad feelings that were being projected by the mother at the time of that tragic accident, a simple cleansing could put things right. The occurences that you experienced could very well be connected to the father and son who passed away, and as the others have mentioned are trying to prevent another tragedy, either that or they want people to acknowledge them still, like a "don't forget about me I'm still here". The hiding of material possesions is a very common thing regarding spirits etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Place keys in the bowl with flour I think I get that cause the spirits don't want you or your family happen to same fate as them...
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
hunnybunny ~ after reading through this story, I'm kind of wondering if the shadow figure you saw was in fact the previous tenants husband, and perhaps he was hiding the car keys from you to avoid anyone else in the house having such a tragic fate as his?

Good to hear that the remaining living tenant has recovered from her loss.

I wonder if the new tenants have had anything happen, is there any way to find out without freaking them out?
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
What a very interesting story here, hunnybunny. It's really weird that the car keys were in a bowl of flour. I was thinking 'why would a Spirit place keys in flour?' As I said, very interesting story.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
flamingschizoid (22 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
i like your story and I like the title. That said, I don't know what I would do if I lost my husband and child at the same time. I'd loose it.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
Did you or your parents try cleansing the house. In our Hindu culture, we would clean and bless the house after a funeral has happened. Back home in Sri Lanka, the body is carried from the house to the grave site for cremation, so families go to the point of washing the walls and floors with water so that all feelings of death would wash away.

I'm not saying you should go to that point but at least get the house blessed.

To tell you the truth, I thought you were going to say that the previous tenants did some kind of weird ritual or something like because you said that the air felt depressed.

Also, did you ever tell your parents about what happened to you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: