You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: I Heard Him Clear As Day!

Real Ghost Stories

I Heard Him Clear As Day!

 

I was born in a Mormon family, ghosts and demons are not spoken of in my religion, I grew up believing these type of things cannot exist in our world because our soul immediately leaves the earth and does not stay. My religion says that spirits cannot stay on earth and there fore they cannot exist. I had believed my family and my religion for most of my life until my encounter as a teenager had happened. To this day I cannot talk about it with my family because they will say I am just a crazy person with an imagination. But I know I was not the only one in the house that had experiences. I also am a military brat I had lived in so many states and countries and being in so many places I was a skeptical to the paranormal. It was not until our very last location in Augusta Georgia that I now believe in such things as ghosts. It was my last two years of high school that we decided to live off of base. My dad had finally started to retire from the army and my oldest brother was in his senior of high school so my parents decided to stay in Augusta. When we were looking at homes as a family there was a particular house that I completely fell in love with. I was hypnotized by it and my mother was too. It had four rooms, an awesome attic and had two floors with a big kitchen. We have never had our own space ever growing up, military houses are small and crammed so this was like a dream house to us.

I have a younger sister and brother, my two brothers got to have their own room while my sister and I had to share a room. At first everything was fine, nothing happened until like 8 months after we moved into the house. My mother hated the inside decorating because the people that lived here before painted every room with very dark colors, it was kind of ugly, we would also find their hair all around the house it grossed us out so my mom started painting the rooms changing carpets and such and that's when things started to change.

It was spring time. We were finally on spring break and I was so excited to have fun and fool around with my friends. During our breaks my parents would throw get-togethers with friends around the neighborhood, When we had the people over we would retire in the second living room where my father would play the guitar and people would sing songs. We had this big window in the front of the house where the second living room was I was sitting next to it. It was about 8 at night and I looked out the window and I saw this thing, I wasn't sure what I saw actually it was just black and had wood spikes. I knew it wasn't human it didn't really have a human form to it. I told my father what I saw and he went outside to look but he didn't find anything. He told me to not worry about it, so I stopped caring about it. Later that night I had fallen asleep during the party in the second living room and I just felt like I needed to wake up, you know that feeling when your body is an alarm clock and says okay missy time to get your butt up lol, when I had awakened I heard foot steps coming from the dining room. I figured someone was awake, and then I looked around and all the lights were off. It was completely silent in the house no one was on the first floor. I heard it a second time still couldn't figure out where it came from. I shook my head and went up stairs.

A month past after that and I was getting ready for our finals at school. I forgot about the foot steps and what I saw a month ago, I was a lone in my room working on some math problems. I heard my name being called, it was in a mans voice so I assumed it was my fathers. At first I didn't answer and it called me again, I got up and went downstairs and asked my mom what my father wanted she said that he wasn't home, him and my two brothers went to take our dogs out. My sister wasn't home either it was just my mother and I, and I said I could swear I heard dad calling for me in my bedroom. She said I was studying too hard and to take a break. I figured that was true so I stayed downstairs. The following night I was listening to music and, I had misplaced my notepad. I couldn't find it I took my desk apart looking for it frantically. I stood in the middle of my room looking around trying to retrace my steps with it last then I felt it. These steps behind me they were heavy, they weren't loud I couldn't hear them but I felt the vibration on the floor. I thought someone was entering my room so I turned around and nothing was there, no one coming up the stairs or down the stairs. I stopped for a minute and then I felt this cold breeze out of no where, it gave me goosebumps I wasn't scared tho I was just frozen like what the hell frozen and then I heard someone coming, it was my sister. "Katie, your notebook was downstairs in the pantry." " Liz, don't scare me like that!" I yelled at her for making my skin crawl. And she said it wasn't her she just came up here. I told her what had happened and she just shrugged at me, it still puzzles me today because it was such a weird sensation.

A little later it was the day of the finals and I was super stressing, it was my high school graduation exam so I was just freaking out about passing this thing. I stayed up most nights to where my sister started to sleep down stairs, on the last night of studying I was sitting in my bed going over science because that's my worse subject and I felt my bed on the left side push down I thought it was my sister telling me to hurry up so I looked up and nothing was there, I touched the indented part of the bed but nothing was pushing it down and then I felt a push onto my chest and I fell backwards. I was so scared like I never been this scared before I screamed pretty loud and my parents rushed in along with my siblings. I couldn't explain what had happened, my parents were concerned with how tired I was and all my studying they took my homework away and told me I needed to read the scriptures and relax. I was super freaked, when my parents left my sister stood in front of me, "you saw him didn't you." she said, I stared at her, I couldn't understand what she was saying. I felt like the wind was knocked out of me I thought I was going crazy. She repeated the question again and I said I didn't know, I told her everything and she seemed like she understood me. She told me that she captured a ghost on the camera when she was taking a now so called selfie. I am a little older cell phones just came out during high school so not everyone had one, she had a digital camera and she showed the pictures to me. She said she showed them to mom and mom said to throw them away. The ghost in the picture looked like a sickly boy, his eyes were all sunken in and pale skin. Something wasn't right with it you could tell that it wasn't right. I asked her if she was going to keep them, she said she wanted me to see them before they were deleted, I agreed with her that we should delete the pictures.

I just felt like I wasn't alone anymore my sister was going through the same thing as I am. After my brother graduated he moved out of the house and the three of us left got to have our own room, my youngest brother moved to my oldest brothers room, my sister moved into the other room and I got to keep the one we were already in. Things picked up when my sister moved out. But of course so did my paranoia, I mostly slept with my sister until I left for college, I still sleep with my mom or sister at that house when I see my family I will not sleep alone ever again there.

Any way after the summer came I was out most nights until about 11 when every one had already gone to bed, I went to my room with a popcorn and a movie to watch. I laid out in my bed and it was about an hour into my movie when I felt the temperature change in the room. I grabbed my blanket and then I felt something cold on my leg. I thought I didn't cover it so I looked down and I was completely covered... I was like oookayy... Then what ever it was grabbed my leg. It pulled on my ankle lifting my leg. I was screaming of course at the top of my lungs my sister was the first to come in to my room she saw my leg in the air she thought I injured it and then it pulled me I was being pulled off of my bed and my sister started to scream along with me. I was completely shaken, I was crying and screaming and cursing my sister grabbed the Bible and threw it at the air like she thought that she would hit it. When the Bible fell to the floor my leg fell to the bed. I grabbed my legs and I screamed and screamed and screamed, my parents finally came in the room. I told them a ghost grabbed me. My father wouldn't hear any of it he said I was dreaming and my sister said she was here too my father completely ignored it he said we were lying and that we were sinning and rebelling. I told my dad I wasn't rebelling or lying but he didn't believe he still doesn't. He sat down and we read some verses out of the Bible but I told my dad I will never sleep in this room again. That morning I moved into my sisters room and I stayed there ever since.

After I moved into my sisters room I went kind of crazy, no lights were aloud off at night, tv had to be on, the air had to be full blast. My parents thought I was going crazy and wanted me to go to therapy. But my sister backed me up and said it was fine for me to have all the lights on. I couldn't sleep any more. After I got out of the bedroom I heard the foot steps walking the hallway most nights. The toilet and the faucet would always run but I never encountered a problem with a ghost in any other part of the house. To this day I cannot go in that room. It scares me half to death. I tried looking at old records of the house but I only found an old man lived there in the 70s but the last people were weird so who knows what they did. My sister doesn't have the photos anymore, she won't go in that room either, the room became a storage place since no one would sleep in it. To this day I sleep with all lights on, what had happened to me scared me completely, I don't know what it wanted but I know it wasn't nice. Every time I go home and sleep with my parents I still hear it walking even the dogs follow it. And yet my parents won't believe it is there. Maybe I was just sensitive to it, I was an easy target I don't know, but I still can't talk about it. This is the first time I ever talked about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Green4life, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dangslow (4 stories) (24 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-04)
I know how tough that must have been. My Parents denied the existence of ghosts too.
I think if they admitted it then they would have to do something about it... Its just easier to deny it I guess...
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-10-14)
Lainey,
This is from the Comments Guidelines: "It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact." To tell someone that "You should change your religion" is improper. Add to this from your remark, it sounds like you don't think/know that both Mormon and Baptist are Christian religions, and spiritual guidance can be had through a person's own faith, even if it differs from your own.

This comment from Lainey23 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

KatsWhiskers (3 stories) (7 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
This sounds truly terrifying. I am sad to hear that yo had to go through it alone. Knowing that your sister knew about something in the house too means that you were not just paranoid. It could be that that you were most likely to notice the activity because you were so stressed and when you stress ALL your senses are heightened and your nerve endings sensitive.
GypsyDancer2005 (1 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-22)
I agree with Rookdygin. We were never told spirits and demons didn't exist.

My family has had several experiences involving loved ones that have passed away, as well as darker entities.

I'm not certain where you got that information.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-22)
Ok, wait a moment. I am sorry you went through this without ANY seeming support from your Parents however, being a Card Carrying, Priesthood Holding, ACTIVE MEMBER of the same Faith May I refer you to the following:

(Mods: Sorry I do not mean to be 'Preachy' or 'to religious' but I feel this needs to be 'put out there...)

Green4Life Please refer to these... I understand everyone has their own view on the afterlife, however here are some Church Teachings you may not have seen/heard of...

Gospel Principals Ch 41: "Heavenly Father prepared a plan for our salvation. As part of this plan, He sent us from His presence to live on earth and receive mortal bodies of flesh and blood. Eventually our mortal bodies will die, and our spirits will go to the spirit world. The spirit world is a place of waiting, working, learning, and, for the righteous, resting from care and sorrow. Our spirits will live there until we are ready for our resurrection. Then our mortal bodies will once more unite with our spirits, and we will receive the degree of glory we have prepared for..."

LEST NOT FORGET

Latter-day prophets have said that the spirits of those who have died are not far from us. President Ezra Taft Benson said: "Sometimes the veil between this life and the life beyond becomes very thin. Our loved ones who have passed on are not far from us" (in Conference Report, Apr. 1971, 18; or Ensign, June 1971, 33). President Brigham Young taught that the postmortal spirit world is on the earth, around us (see Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young [1997], 279).

I am not sure why or how your Parents came to 'feel/beleive' the way they do or why they taught this...

"I was born in a Mormon family, ghosts and demons are not spoken of in my religion, I grew up believing these type of things cannot exist in our world because our soul immediately leaves the earth and does not stay. My religion says that spirits cannot stay on earth and there fore they cannot exist."

There are many more references... Just go to the Church web site and search 'Spirit World'. I think you will be surprised with what you find.

Please ask any questions you may have. I will do my best to answer them.

Respectfully,

Rook (25 Year Active Member and Priesthood Holder LDS...)
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-21)
Green4life, it sounds like you ended up in a house with more paranormal excitement then you bargained for!

I am quite intrigued with Tweeds explanation that it could have been somebody scaring you;... The spikes, pictures that your Sister had of the little boy, movement on the bed and foot steps or eerie feeling like somebody is in the room with you.

However, I can relate, and I know this is a one-in-a-million experience, to being pulled by my ankle OFF my bed. So!... I am with you on that one... Pretty much scaring you out of your skin!

I'm happy for you if you are no longer experiencing things and that you've moved out of the house. If you feel you need to sleep with the lights on or tv on, I suggest you go ahead and do so, when your at home any way.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Hello green! First of all, your story is really scary. I can't imagine myself experiencing that.

I can relate to the part where your parents don't want to believe every weird and spooky things that you've encountered or presently experiencing. It's kind of annoying where your scared out of your skin, and still they believe it's your imagination. Love your story and hope I can read more from your experiences.
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Hi, Green4life,

Welcome to YGS.

Whatever your experience is called, whatever you believe caused the dread and the terror, you were brave to share your story with us. It certainly strikes me as a paranormal phenomenon of some sort.

It's bound to be upsetting when your senses tell you one thing and your religious studies tell you something else entirely. Sounds to me like you and your sister remained respectful to your parents, even though you disagreed with them about the existence of ghosts. Kudos!

Now your own outlook is broader. If someone tells you about a similar frightening experience, you'll listen with sympathy - and that's a true gift.

Blessing,
Seraphina
Argette (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
It seems possible that some of these events were related to the redecorating and interior modifications.

I totally understand the room thing. My family lived in an old Victorian house with six bedrooms, including two in the rear of the house that were essentially servants quarters, complete with back staircase. One room was bright and sunny, but the other was dark and rather dreary. It was always cold. My siblings and I were all terrified of the room, but we never talked about it until we were adults. We later learned a housekeeper had died in he room after a long illness.

Old houses have quirks.

Anyway, thank you for posting, Green4life. Good one!

Oh, and, depending on the color, dark rooms can be awfully depressing!
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Hi Green,

What ever is wrong with dark walls? Isn't it much nicer having a dark plumb dinging room and a nice bottle green lounge to a white wash bore fest? 😜 Well, decor aside let's get to this experience.

Anyone you went to school with into supernatural topics? Maybe someone said they could do certain things that sounded a bit ridiculous.
Spikey apparition, I'm thinking this was someone's personal shield you saw. Spikes sounds like a teenager, most likely male. Something tells me you went to school with this person and they thought it would be 'fun' to check out the Mormon family. The leg thing sounds like someone sitting on the bed with you, kind of moving your leg out of the way in order to do so. Also a stupid cheap thrill because it scared you so.
All in all I wouldn't be sleeping with everything switched on or abandoning this room all together. I really don't think your old bedroom is haunted. I think someone was trying to scare you, it worked and they lost interest.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: