You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Water Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

The Water Ghosts

 

Growing up, my mother and I lived in a complex building located in Manchester, New Hampshire. I was a very skeptical child, never believed in spiritual things trapped in Earth.

Some of my good friends also lived in the building. One day we all gathered up and started talking about weird things they had seen, I took it as a joke and decided to play along.

My Mom had to work a late shift so I was home alone. As I was trying to sleep, I heard knocking noises and the sound of a childs laughter in the hallway. Thinking it was one of my friends playing a trick on me, I walked out into the hallway to tell them to stop, but no one was there. The hallway was long so it'd take some time to even quickly run away. Too tired to care, I shut the door and went back to bed.

At about five am I awoke to the sound of heavy footsteps. I thought my Mom just came home late from work, so again I tried to sleep. But I startd to hear muffled voices, that sounded a bit watery, hard to explain.

It sounded like a little girl and an elderly woman having a conversation. Curious, I slipped out of bed. I saw a haunched over shadowed figure talking to a little transparent blue one.

I quickly ducked under the covers and tried to fall asleep. The next day I told a friend about it, she told me 50 years ago a little girl drowned in a river near the complex, and her grandmother died trying to save her.

When I arrived home I went to my room and found something suspicious, a glass doll laying on top of my bed. After that I would see shadow figures enter and leave my room, I would also hear the little girl running down the hallway. We also had a park near, the girl used to always swing. It would scare the heck out of my friends.

But of course, they seem harmless, so I learned not to care.

We don't live there anymore but I still have the doll. For some odd reason, I felt as if the girl wanted me to have it.

Should I bring it back?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moonnight10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Madyrina - Actually, it has been theorized that spirits do have minute mass. Though they are composed mostly of energy. Besides, there are all too many accounts where spirits move objects and even make them "disappear" only to reappear where they were last put hours, days or even weeks later. I believe that spirits can learn to manipulate objects. I just bought a book (Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce) and hope to some day test some of these theories through OOBE's.
moonnight10 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Madyrina -

I asked my mother if she put the doll there shortly after the incident, and she denied it. And there could be no way it was a prank, because I clearly remember locking the door. Although I have no idea how such a force could move the doll, it still baffles me to this day. But you're right, maybe the old woman and little girl didn't live in the complex?
But the doll looked very old and dirty, maybe the girl was carrying it when she drowned?

Miracles - In case you've forgotten, spirits can hear us to. It's not like we carry some kind of remote control that mutes us whenever we want 😜

Oceansea - Well I'm guessing it was her, I'm not all that sure, though. Thanks for reviewing!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
You know, I was getting in the habit of writing, what I like to call "Troll Tunes", a while back. And seeing as it's such a quiet night...
I'm just not quite sure this one really rates a song yet.

Maybe,
Jav 😕
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
Just a hypothetical,guys,but it is entirely possible that the paranormal occurrences could have happened after the children spoke or maybe got recognized as such. More coincidental than causal. Regarding Olivia, I am at a loss for whether or not you are a non-believer giving the site a chance to change your mind or a non-believer hellbent on changing our minds. While the existence of ghost may raise doubts in your mind, I myself have no trouble believing in the existence of trolls. Having read all of your posts its clear that you'll soon give up on ever believing and quit or continue entertaining yourself at the site's expense. Time will tell.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
moonlight10, are you going to come on and participate in this discussion? Sorry, I just want to know your side and response to the comments on here. Like Miracles I will have to "sit on the fence" on this one.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
oceansea (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Moonnight10,
Just out of curiosity, was the old woman the " hunched over shadow"? I am also wondering if you ever asked your mother or friends if the doll belonged to them? (or if your mother had put it on your bed?)

All-in-all, your story is quite interesting and it must be a great story to tell friends at parties or on dates.
Thank you for sharing! 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
[at] Olivia1234,
Since you fancy yourself such an expert, why not submit your own experience? Anyone with such a critical attitude about the subject must have a reason for that attitude. What's yours? Why don't you show us how it's done, huh? Come on kiddo, you keep coming back to read them. Now show us you can write one too.

Jav
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Miracles-I totally understand and agree that ghosts can move things around within the house, have had that happen on a few occasions. What I find INTERESTING in this story is that the doll wasn't orginally in the home (to be moved from place to place), it just appreared so where did it come from? For the poster didn't say the little girl lived in the apartment when she was alive. That's what's getting me, is the poster implying it's the girls? Because that would make it more than 50 years old, and it would have to have been packed up or owned by someone else by now. Plus, your right awfully coincidental that she has an experience right after talking about ghosts.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
Moonnight - typically just talking with friends about ghosts doesn't make someone all of a sudden start seeing and hearing them when that person never saw or heard them before. There are people I've shared my ghost stories with for years who've never experienced anything. I have a friend who has been in my home many times and she's never experienced anything and she knows all my stories.

I have a comment for Maydrina, too. I've experienced some really weird stuff where my ghosts are concerned. They've moved some pretty solid, heavy stuff I wouldn't have thought possible. Actually can't even figure out why, except to just get my attention 😆. So, a ghost giving someone something? I've had that happen, but this story? Ummm... Just going to stay on the fence for awhile and watch her comments.
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Maybe since you were "playing around" with you friends about ghosts, they wanted you to have a "real" experience.

Though I do find it interesting that something that doesn't have mass would be able to obtain a doll and give it to you. Not saying it COULDN'T happen just that I find it interesting if it did.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: