You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Dock, Be Water

Real Ghost Stories

The Dock, Be Water

 

"You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend." - Bruce Lee

I found this quote to be very suitable and meaningful, for it relates to my story and helped me understand what these incidents/dreams mean.

Ever since Derek passed away I have had countless amazing visits from him through dreams. They were all very pleasant and I always woke up feeling at peace and content with our time together. All except one.

I remembered the dream started off with a dock and a beautiful blue ocean. Imagine a beach with nothing but a dock in the middle of your picture and that was it. As soon as I was there I knew Derek had chosen to meet me here but unlike other dreams, I couldn't see him, but I felt him. Like I mentioned earlier, normally when I get dreams from Derek I am overwhelmed with contentment.

This time, however, I felt awful, and full of rejection. I started to look for him on this beach, running up and down the sand. I couldn't see him, but I felt he didn't want me to see him and he didn't want to be with me, and definitely didn't want to be found. I started to scream out for him and saying things like, "Where are you?! Why don't you want to be with me?! Are you faking your death so you don't have to be with me?!?" - For some reason this is how I felt.

In the end I never did find him and woke up feeling terrible. I cried most of the morning and didn't understand the dream until yesterday. This was 6 years ago.

In my story "I've seen him, and you're not alone" I talked about my dear friend Sunny who passed away almost 2 years ago. His wife is my God-sister (Winter) and their children are my God-children. Needless to say, we were all very close and had, have, and will always have unconditional love for one another. Well, I'm very happy to say that Winter is slowly learning to deal with her loss and is ready to move on (for the most part), but I know she carries a guilt to do so.

Because we grew up together and have gone through many life lessons together, I understand her inside out. I call "tragedies" life lessons now, as I believe they make us who we are today. Anyway, Winter has recently started dating someone and is very fond of him. She tells me about their dates, and how he is very understanding and telling her they can take their time getting to know one another. They have a lot in common and are both parents to 2 children. However, she has trouble deciding how far she wants to take this, I think mostly due to guilt, as this is the first guy she really cared about after Sunny passed.

Last night Winter called me to say she had a really weird dream of Sunny last Sunday, after a great date on Friday with new guy. In her dream it started out with water and a dock. Of course right away I thought of my "dock" dream but didn't connect them yet. She said she saw Sunny's body laying there and she rushed over to hold him and embrace him. She looked over and saw a woman dressed in chic black clothes standing near by. As Sunny woke up, Winter was beyond happy and started kissing his face and touching his cheek. But almost right away she noticed he was looking for the woman in black and didn't acknowledge Winter. She started to feel really sad and rejected and this is when I stopped her and said "OMG Winter... You won't believe this. I get it! I get it now!" This is how the conversation went...

Me: "I had the exact same dream with Derek, minus the woman in black. And I get it now!"

Winter: "Get what?"

Me: "I didn't understand the dream before but now that I think about it, during that time I had just started talking to my now-husband and was feeling really held back by my own emotions and guilt. Like you, I didn't know what I wanted and how I can love someone else. Now, combined with your experience, I get it. They want us to move on, Winter. They are telling us to not look for them any more."

Winter: "F**k. F**k...omg"

I told her this is what it means and that we must trust our own instincts when it comes to this kind of stuff. This is not the first time Derek and Sunny has collaborated together for us to understand. In "I've seen him, and You're not alone" Derek showed me he has seen Sunny. I truly believe down to my core that Sunny knows Winter will tell me everything so he chose to use the dock so that I can explain to Winter what he means, because he knew I would connect the dreams.

Now, I don't know if others out there have had the same type of "dock" dreams, or if the dock means anything in the afterlife, or was it just what Sunny chose to do because he knew I could break it down for Winter upon hearing this. The quote I wrote at the top is what I feel he wants to say to her. For her to live life as it comes, and just go with the flow.

If this was any body else who had this dream I wouldn't dare to imagine that's what it means. But for Winter, I can because our experience is too similar, and also the 4 of us (us, Sunny, and Derek) were the closest of friends and true friends don't have to speak.

Other hauntings by notjustme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notjustme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Bittersweet - I'm so glad you came back to ysg. We'll keep in touch through email my dear friend ❤
BitterSweet78801 (4 stories) (20 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
Notjustme,
I have read those three stories you recommended and let me tell you. You are so gifted to have him lead you and guide you where you need to go and where you need to be.

Thank you so much for sharing.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-31)
Thank you Hong for reading. I hope to hear more stories from Vietnam also 😁
honghiff (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
After reading your story I have to go "WOW!" (and only "WOW!")
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Val - I agree, no matter how you take it. It certainly doesn't give all the answers as I don't think anything does with the questions we have about our existence, but a good article for sure. Definitely worth pondering...
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
notjust, now THAT was really interesting, no matter how you take it.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
Sure does Miracles. I absolutely love the site...wordswordwords
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
notjustme - gives a whole new perspective on things, doesn't it?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
Because we have so much discussion on here about karma, energies we give out and receive, why we have demons, why we lose people, I thought this sums a lot up, so I shared it.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
I HAD TO SHARE THIS, I know it's not a scary thing, but I really felt like I had to share this on YGS. It opened up many thoughts for me and hopefully for you too.
Http://thespiritscience.net/2014/11/05/one-of-the-best-dialogs-ever-written-the-egg/
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Thank you Stacy 😊 I'm glad you enjoyed. Like many members on here, I share them to share my grief, and also for knowledge sake. I learn so much through others' stories and I hope that mine that help others too.
stacym1978 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Wow... That's it, just wow! This is the first story of yours I have read, and I got your post because you commented on my first post, but I plan to follow you from now on. You write amazingly and your story is awesome. Thanks for sharing and commenting on mine too.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
LOL no you don't get paid for being it, I was just making a working hard reference.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Wait...you get paid for being a mod? Where do I sign?! 😆 6 more characters. Dang limit!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Thank you thank you! I work hard for the money, so hard for it honey.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
CONGRATS IFI! (sorry bout that)

I saw "tidy" and thought, "isn't that swee... NO NO NO it was a TIDAL and nothing sweet about it! 😆
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
I did the same lol. Thought there was an army of us in the making. 😆
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
You know I went right on here to see if notjustme was a mod xD ugh got me all excited.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Babygoat - LOL! I actually knew what you meant and for some reason still wrote "tidy" waves... Funny how our minds work. And it was IFI that is a MOD, not me lol... I was congratulating her. I'm too emotional too be a MOD I think. I will either be too soft or too mean 😆
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
notjustme, first, CONGRATS on the new "mod" handle!

Second, it wasn't "tidy" waves washing over me. It was TIDAL waves crashing down on me.

I had a micro-second of hesitation when I hit submit. Should have gone back and re-read it. Lol
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
Thanks Swims. You're right, I do need to start writing things down. Although I remember very well these kind of things but who knows as I get older, and also I want my future children to read it when they are old enough. As we all know, life is short, we might not be here to tell the tale in person.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-15)
That was so beautiful, Notjust, I hope you wrote it down. That really says a lot. I'm sitting here saying to myself, "no onions, no it's not goin' to be onions. No no oh sht, let'm roll." Thankyou so much for sharing this. So glad everyone had their part in helping the next one find peace.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
ifi - Congratulations! Holy moly! Now you shall see why the rest of us are the way we are 😉 😆
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
HAHA yes I am now a moderator. Fear me 😉 just messing. 😜

Thanks Elnora! I thought it fit as well. I started my dream journal!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Ifihadyoux, that was awesome and actually fit perfectly:D
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Thanks ifi and MOD ayyy... Oh lala look at chuuuuu... *thumbs up*
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
if anyone is interested in the below v I posted it:] enjoy everyone!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
According to my book, this is what I was able to get out of your dream.

Blue- blue can be both a soothing color and one that suggests depression or sadness. Either way it is associated with spiritual insight and wisdom. If a person is wearing blue, listen to their words as they are likely to be valuable and to give you insight on your life.

Ocean- The ocean is a traditional symbol of both life and the emotions... If the sea is calm and tranquil it suggests that you have come to terms with an issue or feeling and can expect easier times ahead.

Beach- dreaming of being on a beach can also signal romance is heading your way. But if the beach is empty or threatening, then it can be a sign that you may feel rejected or lonely and want people to pay you the attention you deserve.

Boyfriend- dreaming of a boyfriend generally indicates your feelings about attachment or romance towards this person.

Running- a running dream usually involves escape from a certain situation or person... If you are running towards something it may represent an object or situation that you wish to reach.

Searching- searching for someone in a dream is about being on a mission... This dream also indicates a loss. Perhaps you may be mourning the loss of someone in your life.

So judging on the above, I would suggest you interpreted that dream correctly. 😕
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
LOL ifi...you're so funny..."but still..." wordswordswords
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-13)
AW! HOW FREAKING CUTE IS THAT? ❤ ❤ ❤ my boyfriend won't let me talk about exe, yet again they didn't die or anything but still

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: