You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Canal Waters

Real Ghost Stories

Canal Waters

 

During the phase (2nd year of engineering) that I mentioned in my previous account I was going through a rough patch in life as I had a nasty breakup and then the grades were low. Although I had a new partner in my life (whom I am still dating), the feeling of dread still persisted.

One should know that we had a canal flowing, on one side of which was my hostel and the college campus on the other.

I used to go for long evening walks whenever I felt gloomy because road along the canal was plied less by the public.

The orange sky reflected in the canal waters coupled with the setting sun were the medicines to my sadness.

The pink of the sunset would make me forget my worries, the orange glow on the clouds gave me strength and the blue of the sky reminded me that there is a vast world out there to be conquered.

Coming back to the account, on one such beautiful evening, strolling along the canal I suddenly heard some "noise" of someone's babbling coming from behind. But there was not a single soul around.

There was no car, no bike and no one walking. It was just me.

I thought it could be a radio set or someone's mobile ringtone who would have lost his/her mobile around on road. But when I tracked back my steps, I was able to comprehend it. It said -"please don't be sad, everything will be alright". This whole incident lasted 5 to 10 seconds.

I felt scared at first but then came to terms with it. I don't know what caused the noise but surely it was something benevolent.

Other hauntings by harry1lynn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, harry1lynn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

harry1lynn (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-22)
rynne
Thanks for taking a stand.

Harrypotter123456
Apart from the amusing username of yours, I think trolls like you cannot go much futher than writing broken language and using crass words.
rynne (69 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-21)
Harry Potter, quit it. You are crossing lines. If you don't believe poster's experience to be true, you could have used decent language to express, ask questions, not be abusive and use foul language.
harry1lynn (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-12)
Saamri
No, my college is in nadiad.
Near vadodara in Gujarat
harry1lynn (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-12)
Socracy5
Might be the case, but was pretty sure that the source of the babbling was something nearby, I mean it wasn't my imagination to be exact.
saamri (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
I would like to know whether this college is somewhere near karjat, maharashtra? 🤔
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Hey harry

It was enough for giving anyone jumpscares, when all this happen in solitude, but there is a question, You mentioned that when you traced your steps back you came across that babbling again, did it happened at the exact place you heard it first?... You probably had heard about certain places or things preserving memories of the past incidents and repeat those at intervals, it only happen when you get near them. But I believe it could be a passing spirit who possibly was trying to lift your mood. Anything is possible.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: