You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mystery Water Puddles And 1 Flying Object

Real Ghost Stories

Mystery Water Puddles And 1 Flying Object

 

Every so often my girlfriend and I will find 2 or more water puddles. We live in the basement, basically a mother in law apartment. It was concrete and back in the 70s they laid sheet vinyl down.

A few months after moving in I woke up one morning walked towards the kitchen and stepped in water! I immediately looked up to see if the ceiling was leaking. It was bone dry. Being a floor guy I soaked up the water and examined the sheet vinyl thinking the water came up from the concrete. But how did it penetrate through the sheet vinyl? Also the sheet vinyl was still securely glued to the concrete. Usually if water gets under the vinyl it will cause the glue to no longer be adhered to the concrete. I began looking around and found a 2nd puddle 10 feet away. No pipes, no walls, no leak from the walls, ceilings, vinyl in tact.

I installed new vinyl plank flooring down here over the existing sheet vinyl. The stuff is about 1/4 inch thick. And a few days ago after nothing for 10 months bam stepped in water again! Now how is water coming from underneath waterproof vinyl planks? I began looking and noticed a couple more puddles. I have yet to figure out what is causing these.

If it is a spirit, it hasn't bothered us, except the one night a ceramic statue flew off the bookshelf and shattered while I was lying on the couch and my girl was in the bathroom. I immediately froze and yelled for her to come in the room as I am not a fan of paranormal anything! Lol.

Thoughts anyone? I've read about poltergeist doing this, but nothing real bad has happened. There must be a logical explanation.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Floorguy12687, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Waz1982 (2 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-17)
I had something like this in my old apartment that was blatantly haunted. One morning my gorgeous new rug had a perfect square of liquid around it with about a dry inch gap between the water and the rug, despite this gap, it had been thoroughly soaked on one side. My boyfriend said it smelt like old ale but not like anything he knew. I'm ashamed to say I cried as I thought it was ruined but I eventually got it dry. How the water stayed in a perfect square I'll never know. It was just one of many destructive incidents in that place. Not good for you but I'm glad it wasn't just me with a ghost liquid issue!
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-17)
Water appearing mysteriously is certainly a cause for paranormal concern. However, I note that it occurs in your kitchen. Just playing Devil's advocate, could it be possible that someone else is causing the puddles? I know that you have probably ruled this possibility out, but sometimes the best solution to a problem often becomes the simplest one. I hope that you are able to reconcile this quandary.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-05-17)
Hi, Floor guy.

What I'm going to say will sound like I'm calling you stupid. That is how it sounds in my head, but it is not my intention.

Water flows downhill. Many other things do as well. So, if you see a puddle in grid D-7 on the floor, just as an example, our tendency is to look in the immediate space around grid D-7. However, if you take a bunch of BBs, pour them onto random spots in the room, you will find they flow towards the low spot, which ends up being grid D-7. So you know how to start seriously looking around for pipes and plumbing fixtures, and leaks in places no one suspects but where they happen anyway: windows. It may be necessary to open some walls or even hire an expert to find leaks.

Aside: I moved into an apartment and on move-in inspection day pointed out a damp spot in the ceiling. Landlord made not to address it. Whatever was done happened while I was at work so I come home to no damp spot. Yay. About 2 weeks later, it is back. I report it, it gets fixed (or so I think) but returns soon after. Lather. Rinse. Repeat until I contacted a lawyer and following his advice wrote out a formal maintenance request noting I am retaining a copy for my records since this water stain in the ceiling is so frequent. I gave it to the landlord's secretary along with my rent check in person one day instead of mailing it in. There followed a conversation with The Boss of the company that owned the building who admitted not understanding my concerns. "There is no plumbing near there." I replied, "If that is so, we have a serious issue with the building because I'm in the basement and this spot is entirely interior to the unit. The water has to come from somewhere."

Next day, when I got home from work, I saw a hole cut in the ceiling where the stain appeared. It turned out to be a sewer line.

Relevance to your experience: leave no stone unturned.

As for the statue, I can only conclude it was an art critic turned ghost. If it happened only once, I don't think it was a poltergeist, but keep us posted, please.
lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-17)
I've only experienced random unexplained puddle of water once and it was in a perfect circle in the middle of the room and for love nor money I could not find where it had come from. We'd had no rain and the roof on the kitchen was fairy new and had been replaced within the last two years or so. Hasn't happened since either so it's definitely not a leak.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-15)
Greetings, Floorguy, and welcome to YGS.

While I acknowledge that the flying statuette is indicative of a presence, I'm going to ask the most basic question first. Do you run a dehumidifier in your apartment? If the last incident with water was during the early-autumn humidity, and the most recent is in the more-humid air of late spring, it's *possible* that the water is condensing and collecting in very cool areas of the flooring. I know from your narrative that you're the expert in this area, so I apologize if that seems like a stupid question & observation, but sometimes we can't see what is in front of our own faces...

As for poltergeist activity, it's often generated by people under stress; are you and your girlfriend getting enough daylight in your apartment? If it has tiny windows, it can become upsetting and depressing. Logically, you may both be thinking "we're saving up our money for x,y, & z," but your limbic system is feeling gloomy and dissatisfied. Now, if you're in a walk-out apartment with large, well-lit sliding glass doors, this guess on my part will not have been helpful, though it is in your interest for us to eliminate the obvious first.

Best,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: