You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Shadows

 

This is my first time writing something like this, so don't make fun of me or anything, but here it is: About two years ago I lived at my grandmother's house for a while, and I've always been kinda freaked out by it, because it was over a 100 years old and really big and creepy. Well, one day I was taking a shower, and I casually glanced at the door. As I did, a dark, black silhouette of a young girl hovering about a foot over the ground emerged through the door. Then it faded away as it reached the clear shower curtain. I was FREAKED! So I rinsed my hair and was gone! I told my mom and my family and they kind of laughed at my story, but understood because of how scared I was.

The next night, I was sitting in my dinning room still thinking about what has happened. I was looking at the reflection of myself through the sliding glass door, when a dark figure of a man walked in front of me. I couldn't actually see it, but I could see it through the reflection. Naturally, I got up to run. Not thinking, I ran the direction it was coming. I guess I passed through it or something, because for a split second, I felt a deep, chilling sensation pass through my body. Almost as if I felt the spirit's pain. I told my mom again about what had happened, and she said they were trying to contact me for some reason. Do you think she is right, or if it was something else? Please tell me what you think because this hasn't been off my mind since it happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

earthdragon9 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
that must have been so scary as I red the part with the little girl in the bathroom it freaked me out so much I jumped I was reading this at night and boy did it creep me out 😢
gem (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-21)
try opening your mind.my friend can make contact with her dead grandad.dont call me crazy but my other friend who is dead I think is calling me. if you believe in yourself, you can try to make contact with them
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-30)
Matthew is right Chrystal, ghosts are usually on this Earth on their after life for some reason. They are not here just to be here and scare people you know? They usually need help with something and make seen to certain people whom they think could help them with their problems. Those ghosts must've chosen you, and maybe next time you go to your grandmother's house and you see one of those ghosts, don't run away and get scared. Stay there and see if you could find out what they need. I know it sounds dumb and stupid but you should try it and keep me posted, that's only if you still go to your grandma's house or even still see those ghosts: good luck
Matthew (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-22)
Well if you have read my comments on some of the stories here, you would notice that my stand on ghosts is consistent, that they are here for some apparent reason and we should never be scared of them. People even talk to beings like these to help them out and to figure out why are they staying here on our plane. And you should never be shy to share these stories, try reading some of the things I wrote here like, The Jeepney ride, the Crippled, and Little boy blue. Maybe you would realize that these things happen everywhere, and it sometimes hit us when we least expect it.


Seasons greetings and have a great holiday!!!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: