You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man in the Back

Real Ghost Stories

The Man in the Back

 

Now, this is not an event that had taken place in front of my own eyes, but it has surely happened to my grandfather. My dad told me this story and it gave me a chance to look at spirits who have yet to rest but are not actually "scaring" people to death. Here is my grandfathers tale:

My grandfather was only 36 years of age and he of course needed a job. He had looked in agriculture, the stores down the street, even the starkist factory that was quite a ways away. No jobs whatsoever. Finally, after 3 weeks of looking, he had seen an ad for a "wanted bus driver for the night shift." At the time he didn't care what kind of job it was or when he had to work, all he cared about was supporting his family.

After a few days, he had gotten the job to work from sundown to an hour before sunset. The bus driving job was steady, he really didn't have any riders unless it was someone who also worked late. Soon, he had picked up on which riders came on, what time they came on and where they should be dropped off.

But, a year into the job, he had gotten a new rider who would only ride for that one night. He saw the man standing at a stop to which no one had stood before and for the first time he could stop there. The man was described as: well-rounded, pale, with a blue suit (which was very odd because it is so hot in samoa, even at night). Like every other customer, my grandfather had welcomed him with a smile. Being the kindly fellow my grandfather also tried to talk to him. He asked him: "How are you this evening?" "Where did you come from?" and just normal conversation questions. The only thing this man replied to is where he should be dropped off.

My grandfather tried to get something cheerful out of the pale man, but there was no response. As soon as the bus got to the destination as stated by the man, my grandfather opened the door, looked up to the mirror and said to him "Here is your stop sir" and looked ahead. Usually, at this time you can hear the passenger get their stuff together and proceed to the front. But not this time. He heard dead silence. He looked up at the mirror again, AND SAW NOTHING.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Healthy_Skeptic (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Got to ask yourself why a ghost wants to take a bus ride. I thought the whole reason of them being on earth (and not going to their final destination) because they've unfinished task (s). Now how a ghost who wouldn't communicate and just takes a bus ride can finished his/her unfinished business on this world.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
Wow that's creepy! I have seen ghosts they don't talk. I can also hear them when I can't see them. They talk in your dreams but you forget that dream. 😊
samoansoldier (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-06)
i think that was creepy...but...at the same time I do not doubt that... That hasnt really happened... I honestly do believe in ghosts and spirits... Due to personal experience... And just as us samoans all know... That our island is full of mysterious things...
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-30)
Wow that is creepy, I'm sure that your Grandpa aint a busdriver nomore right? well that's creepy to experience something like that. I'm probably gonna post a story that my grandfather also experienced but nothing like this story. Once it's up, can you comment it please?
Patrick (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-23)
WOW that's creapy tell you'r grandpa good luck with that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: