You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Inhuman Scream?

Real Ghost Stories

Inhuman Scream?

 

Hey guys, I can use a little help with this. Its been about three years since this has happened, and I could never figure it out. I was 15 at the time. It was about 1am and I was the only one in our house. Its a one story house with an attic, which we had turned into another room.

That night I was trying to sleep when I had to use the restroom. So I went into the hallway leading to it and stopped. For some odd reason, I don't know why, I decided to glance up into the attic. Suddenly something black moved quickly from the left side to the right side of the top of the stairs. It also seemed to scream at me. It was nothing I had ever heard before. All I knew was that it sounded very loud, and very threatening. I ran out of the front door and onto our porch. I would not go inside, because I had a fear that whatever that thing was, it was going to come get me. So I ended up sleeping on the porch until someone got home.

Like I said, its been three years since this has happened. Nothing else has happened since, it was just that one time occurence. I have actually tried to get it to come out again, but nothing worked. Ever since that night, I refuse to sleep in the attic because I have absolutly no idea what that thing was. It was very dark in the house at the time, so it might have been my eyes playing tricks on me. Especially since the attic is the darkest part of the house.

I'm more confused about the scream then anything else. I have never heard anything like it before. I guess you can consider it sounded demonic, but I'm not too sure. I'm just looking for an answer to this mystery of mine. Please help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, caseyfish, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gabbybolt (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
caseyfish, lucky you. Due to me using (black magic) I opened a door I sure shouldn't have. It's not bad. Whatever that's here has only hurt me a few times. A few cuts here and there.
caseyfish (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
well gabby, I only had the experiance one time. It seems like whatever your dealing with is still there. I'm fairly sure mine is gone. So honestly I don't know what I can do to help you out.
gabbybolt (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
Can I tell you a story?
One night, me and my dog were falling asleep in my bed [Pretty sure he was already asleep!] but I was half asleep. He jumped up, and I opened my eyes. MY CLOSET WAS SHAKING SIDE TO SIDE VIOLENTLY!
The next night, I was fine. I was using Facebook. My 13 year old sis was in bed and mum was in the bath. Dad was at work () My dog was right down the hall, lying down by my parents bedroom door. I had turned around, and the kitchen light was off. So was the light above the stove. So the kitchen was pitch black. I heard a "click" and I turned. The light above the stove was on. As I had turned and the light was on, I saw a shadow move. My dog went CRAZY.
Like, a month later, mom was in the bathroom cleaning the floor [This was this month, like a week ago] and I forget where my sister was? Maybe in her room?!? I dunno? And I had closed my bedroom door. I was using Roblox [virtual game] and I turned, my bedroom door was slightly opened, I saw the light shining out. Mom said it was the wind from the bathroom door, but the bathroom door was closed. Besides, how can wind turn a doorknob? I would've heard it. The only sound I heard was SILENCE. Since you've had an expeirence, do YOU have any idea what could be going on?! ❤
caseyfish (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
now that I think about it, I can say the scream wasn't animal like though. It was screaming in rage. It was loud enough that I could have heard it outside of the house if it had wanted to scream at me again. There is a window that looks outside from that room, but I was on the porch. Sorry I'm not much help on that.
caseyfish (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
sry it took so long to keep yall updated. Ill try to answer everyones questions. I still honestly can't say exactly what it sounded like. I can't be much help on that. It couldn't have been one of the dogs. We do have two dogs and two cats. The dogs are white, and definatly don't move that fast. It was bigger then our cats, id say about 4 feet tall? Maybe a little bigger. And the reason I'm trying to get it to come out again is cause I'm curious and want to see if its still around. The scream itself was NOT muffled. And the shadow was moving very fast. If I had not looked upstairs at that second, I would have completly missed it. Also, I don't know if this will help any, but I have had a troubled past. My father passed away when I was 6, my grandfather died when I was 13, and since that night I have lost 3 others very close to me. And at times I feel like my dad is still around, but he is helping me. I have no idea WHAT that was. I'm more worried now then ever because my brothers family stays up there now and his 3 kids sleep upstairs. Thank god nothing has happened yet.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
It is possible that it was an animal. How big was it? Did you see the shape of it at all? You said that the scream sounded inhuman but do you have an idea as to what it did sound like? Possibly a raccoon, or bat? Please keep us updated on this.
kathwitt (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
you always hear stories about screaming banshees... But I don't know if that would be a realistic or plausible explanation.
It could definitely have a natural explanation, though. Has anybody else in the house ever experienced anything similar?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Could you try to come up with an analogy as to what it sounded like? At the very least try to make a sound similar to it.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
It could be an animal passing through. A monster animal! Or not. I really don't wish for you to have a monster in your house. Not everyone copes very well with monsters. I hope, for your safety and sanity, it was a one time animal experience.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
It may very well have been a shadow person, or the shadow of someone who used to be a person. They may have an attachment to the house or property. When you caught them and suprised them by glancing up the scream could have been this beings fear that you had noticed them and may try to react in a way to get them out of the home or off the property. Don't misunderstand, I would have been frightened also-beyond belief.

I know it does take a lot of energy to manifest in any form, from different experiences and research, that may be very well what you saw and the being is comfortable and does not want to be noticed or removed.

There are many things that will occur in our lives, some like this are vrtualy unexplainable to us.

Please keep us posted,
God Bless!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
I am with the others... It could have been just about anything, really. A bird, a bat, some kind of wild animal that got in and got stuck up there. I would not worry about it too much since you say nothing has happened since. If it was a one time deal then I doubt it was paranormal.
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
It could have been a lot of things. Animals tend to get into attics all the time and if it was a home done job, chances are your family didn't do a perfect job chinking up the attic.

It could have been any series of animals and yes, they can and will sometimes howl, yowl or scream at people. Baby rabbits actually sound like a screaming baby when injured or threatened.

Whatever the case if there was never any activity to happen in the house to begin with and there hasn't been any since, I'd chalk it up to imagination or an animal.

Good luck!
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
I guess it could have been your imagination but by virtue of posting your story here I can tell that you aren't sold on that. That being said perhaps it was a warning of sorts. It was claiming the attic space and since you never made that space yours The entity had no reason to present itself to you again. You know, a turf dispute. 😆
JayAreGee (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Interesting. I had a similar experience once. Tell me, if you can remember, did the scream sound muffled at all? As if it were coming from somewhere far away yet right in front of you?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
I think that not knowing what we encountered is the most frustrating & frightening part of experiencing the "unexplained." I know some of the things I have seen and heard have left me hungry for answers. What happened to you could probably be explained by the folklore of several "mythical creatures," from vampires to demons to some of the darker forms of fairies. It could also be explained by a spirit that was not very happy at that moment. Since it only happened once & you did not get a good look at it, it would be hard to make an educated guess. Whatever it was, it sounds like it was just passing through, thank the gods. Perhaps if you read up on accounts of passing ghosts & the folklore of different creatures something would jump out at you as sounding very much like your experience.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Since this was a one time happening, I am willing to bet it was some kind of animal, as lizgo suggests, or your mind playing tricks with you. Come on... A 15 year old alone at 1am. So you state that you are trying to get it to come out again...why? It happened three years ago and nothing else has happened. I leave it alone. Hopefully nothing else happens and if so, I'd like to hear about it. Good luck to you.
lizgo47 (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
well the scream and the balck thing moving could have been a bat or something else so I advise you to go check if there's an opening in your roof or a hole were an animal could have gone in.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: