You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Silent Scream

Real Ghost Stories

The Silent Scream

 

It is of summer 2012, not a long time ago. I usually sleep in my own bedroom but my AC was not serviced and it was very hot about 32 degree so I was sleeping in guest room. The AC of the guest house was also not serviced but it is usually very cold. I think because it does not get direct sunlight due to trees around its windows. I usually open my laptop or watch TV but that day I did neither. I took some cookies as my night meal and was about to open my laptop but suddenly felt sleepy. Maybe this was because I was taking some pills because I had cold or I was just tired.

Anyway, when I woke up or I think I woke up. Something was strange. I could not sit up. I was as if strapped by invisible ropes and only my eyeballs moved. I saw the fan move over me. As if I had no control over myself. Just staring helplessly on the roof. Not able to shout or scream (I am not a kind of person who will post regularly, I will only post when something strange happens to me, which will I think because I have a haunted room.

Anyway this is the reason I named the account "silent scream" because I wanted to post this story and the most relevant name as I thought was this). Anyway that was how it was. Staring at the roof, just staring. I think I was like there for a few days (yes not believe me) but then I woke up on the same day and date. Still staring at the roof.

But this time I got up to my feet and walked out of my room. But then I stopped. I think it was my instance when I saw the mirror. Someone had written something on the mirror with a black pen. It said -" Had a good night?". I called my mother but then it was gone. It is hard to believe but it is really true.

I just know one thing-I won't go back there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, screamingsilently, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

curiousme (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
looked like sleep paralysis to me as other have posted but then that writing on the mirror, that makes it a mystery, did you enquire about that writing to your family, like your mom or dad or might be your little bro or sis might have done it in mischiefs

Anyways,take care, nice narration though!
screamingsilently (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-27)
skystorm13 you asked that have anything paranormal has happened. The answer is yes but not in my geust room. It happened in my bed room when I was very small. When I woke up a morning, I decided to lay in bed. When I was small I used to act that I was sleeping when somebody came over so that I would not have to drink milk or take a bath because I was always lazy for these things. Anyway someone did came over. I saw the shadow which was very long so I closed my eyes. And then waited for any sound but none came so I opened my eyes and to my shock there was no one. I might describe the details in any other post of mine.
skystorm13 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-25)
I'v read ALOT of articles on this site and what you described sounded azactly like sleep paralysis. This has happened once before to me, I felt completely helpless and I could feel a dark presence nearby. Ghost seem to take advantage of that sometimes they can even cause it! 😕
Kimmie_Ann (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
ScreamingSilently,

I'm sorry this happened to you! I agree that it sounds like you had an episode of sleep paralysis. I also get it occasionally. Do some research and try to remember everything you did before bed the nights you experience this. Something could be triggering it for you. (For me, it was listening to music before bed.) It's terrifying but the good news is it's completely avoidable!

Much luck and ❤ to you! 😁
mvl96 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
How to break sleep paralysis. Change your breathing pattern, it must be different from how your normal sleeping breathing pattern. Do the new breathing pattern for about 15-20 seconds.
themiss (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Like the other comments stated it sounds like sleep paralysis.
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
I agree with happyspirit. Research sleep paralysis. You should find some insight.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
What was the nature of the pills you took before bed? I feel that you may have been hallucinating, with a bad case of sleep paralysis to boot. Have there been any other paranormal activities noted in the guest house? If not, I would put this down to a bio-chemical imbalance caused by the pills and not worry about it. Just be careful about medication in the future.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: