You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Shadow At The Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Black Shadow At The Bed

 

I wanted to share my experience that I would suspect to be a meeting with a spirit. Sorry about my English, it is my second language.

My parents used to live on a farm in Denmark, were I also grew up. This farm was built in the late 1790's so it was old. I never liked to be alone in this house even though I never experienced something supernatural when I was a kid other than creepy feelings and rooms that I did not enjoy to be in - like my dad's office.

It happened to me the first time when I was 19 years old, and I was about to move out in my first apartment by myself. I had this really real dream about a man holding me down. Not psychically, but like with a psychic force. But I began to scream so loud that I woke my mom, who came in and turned on the light. I was kicking and screaming out in the air. Then everything was back to normal, and I thought that this was just a bad dream, even though it was so real.

Some years later I slept at my parents' house, and I was laying and thinking about my older brother and some problems he went through at that time. Suddenly I just sat straight up in the bed. By the end of the bed I saw a black shadow with light around and I was really frightened. At first I thought it was a real person standing there. I had no night lamp, so I took instead my cell phone and pressed some buttons so there was light in it and held it against the shadow. Then I could see the wall behind it and knew it wasn't a human. I just threw myself under the sheets, and did not look again, and after a while I felt asleep.

The next day I told my parents what had happen and we discussed if it could be someone from our family watching us at the place. (My mother's parents lived at the farm before my parents, and they were very attached to the place). By that time there were a lot of building industries going on in the neighborhood, and my parents knew that it was just a matter of time before they had to move out, because their property could be used for this industry building. So maybe this has awakened something.

They did move to another house on the countryside. Not that old like the other farm, but it is a nice place.

Here I had the same experience with a black shadow standing at the end of the bed, only this time it had its "arms" put up like attacking me. I went hiding under the sheets one more time.

At my own place this never happens. So it is weird that it is always by my parents' place. It is like I am more open there, or is it because it can only reach me there?

I don't know what it was. A family ghost? A dream? Or just my imagination?

What do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, diter, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
If you will ask us its dream or real then its really gud to be a dream. First confirm are you really looking these things or these are all fake.
ghostboi (22 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
there is a 33.3% chance that it was either one so in time you will learn this
alyon2002 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
Whether it was a dream or not it seems pretty scary! Were you woken up by this or did you just get into bed? I agree with Rook we need more details! Thanks for posting your story!
-Adam
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
diter,

Dream or Real what did this thing make you 'feel' like?

I mean other than scared, that I understand because this was something you didn't understand, but what did you 'feel' about this shadow... Anything?

More details are needed to determine if this was more than a dream... But if more than a dream it could have been a 'Nature' Spirit that was active due to the industrial activity you described.

Another question... You described that it had it's arms out as if to attack you... What specifically gave you this impression... Perhaps it was reaching out for 'aid'...

Please, the more details given the better Idea of what you experienced can be discussed and a cause figured out.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: