You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The First Of Many

Real Ghost Stories

The First Of Many

 

It was a clear moonlit night in Oahu Honolulu, HI in the year 1994. I was about 5yrs old and little did I know that this experience would be The First of Many.

Every night I would get up around midnight to get a drink of water or use the restroom. I've never had much fear of the dark as most children would so I would walk though the house without any lights. The moonlight shining in through the windows was always enough for me.

I lived in a very small house: 2 bedroom, 1 bath. I would walk across the tile floor over to the door and when I opened it I would always see, halfway down the hall, the moonlight shining in from across the house through the doorway along the floor from left to right and the restroom door would be in the moon's "spotlight". At the end of the dark blue glowing hall I would see the door to my parents' room.

This night was different. When I opened the door I couldn't see my parents' bedroom door. It was too dark. But just in that spot. I leaned a little to the left and began to see the side of their door. I then looked halfway down the hall where the moonlight was shining across the floor and onto the restroom door on the right but in the center of the hall there was a gap in the glow. Something was on my side of the hallway.

I slowly looked up to where my dad's head would've been (my dad being 6 feet tall and my mom only being 5'2") but by then I had only reached this dark figure's shoulders. I continue to look up to it's face but it was so dark that I couldn't make out and facial features. Not even with the help of the bright moonlight illuminating the house (my eyesight being 20/13 which is about 60% better than normal). It's head seems a little larger than the average man but nothing that alarmed me. For all I know, it could have been hair.

"D-dad?" I ask the standing figure.

It says nothing and continues to watch me. I knew this "thing" was not human, therefore I had no reason to be afraid because my mother only told me to beware of strangers. And to me, strangers are people. Live people. This figure was the shape of a human but the presence and feeling I got from it was very foreign to me. Without taking my eyes off of it, I slowly step back, slowly shut the door, and went back to sleep.

The next morning I woke up and ask my parents if they saw me the night before. They both said no. I told them that I saw someone in the house and they checked all the windows and doors & everything was locked.

About a decade later after many other experiences I began thinking back on that one night of my first encounter and asked my mother about it again, and what she thought it may have been. She told me around the same time I had the experience, there was a bridge being built and some workers came across a Hawaiian burial ground and some workers began having unexplained happenings, such as getting pushed of ledges and objects, such as tools, thrown at them. She told me it could have been a spirit from the Hawaiian burial ground that was disturbed.

My dad is in the Navy and out of all the houses we've lived in, only 2 were houses that I did not have an experiences in.

Other hauntings by SoulSeeker

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoulSeeker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
SoulSeeker,
Welcome to YGS!
Absolutely fascinating account of what you remember from that night. You are obviously sensitive to spirits, and you behaved wonderfully for not having seen anything like it before.
The visuals were stunning. And I can't wait to read more of your experiences.
Thank you for sharing!

Jav ❤
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Very nicely written story. Your accounts of what happened that night made me feel as if though I were there!

I cannot wait until your other accounts.

Thanks for sharing.

Luv
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
interesting story thanks for adding it 😊
I liked the part where you said you were not scared of it as only the living are strangers, great way of thinking for a 5 year old but then at that age children are more accepting as they have not had the fear of the unkown drilled into them.

Looking forward to your next post
Carl
SoulSeeker (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
no problem and thank you. I still have a lot more to post. Glad you enjoyed it. 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
This encounter sounds like you met with a shadow person. They do not seem to do any interacting with people, for the most part. They seem to just hang out and watch the goings-on. This was a good retelling, thank you for sharing. I hope you will also share your experiences in the other houses.
rjay99 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
i liked your story alot, it would have been spooky seeing a figure though.
Thanks for sharing 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: