You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Strange Dreams And Hidden Meanings?

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Dreams And Hidden Meanings?

 

I don't know what to make of this but when I tell people about it they find it fascinating.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I would have these reoccurring dreams that would involve my late Great-Grandmother standing before me but some distance away holding the number 23, behind her stood my Great-Grandfather (who died many years before I was born) I only know it was him from the family pictures I have seen with him in.

I should add my due date was to be the 5th of November but with these dreams I thought my G/Gran was trying to tell me that my daughter would be born on the 23rd of October, I made my hubby get that date off work I was that sure! Another little bit of information to add in that is relevant at the end of this is that my cousin Katie (my Great-Gran's eldest Great-Grandchild) was also pregnant at the same time as me and was due in September.

So the 23rd of October came and I started experiencing some discomfort and thought wow this is actually happening but the pain wasn't labour just braxton hicks. I'll be honest I felt absolutely gutted because as I said above I had convinced myself she was coming on that date. 5 days later I gave birth to my daughter Olivia on the 28th of October.

When my daughter was about 6months old I was talking to my Nan (Great-Gran's daughter) about the dreams and my disappointment when halfway through she said "Didn't Katie (my cousin) give birth to Lacey on the 23rd of September?" I said "Yes Nan, but what's your point?" Nan: "Well I think G/Gran was telling you two things in those dreams. The 23 was relevant to Lacey's birth date, she would have been Gran's first Great-Great Grandchild that's probably why the number 23 was so bold in your dream" Me: "OK, that makes sense. What's the second thing then?" Nan: "That G/Grandad was in the dream also and that Olivia was born on a date that's special to them both": "What do you mean special to them both?" Nan:"It was the date they got married many years ago!"

It means the world to me to know my Great-Gran is could still be with us and although she never met her great great grandchildren they have a bit of her in them with the dates in which they are born. If that's not strange enough Phillip (my cousin and Katie's younger brother) had a son Dylan who would of been Gran's first great-great grandchild and his birth date is... The *23*rd of December!

Tell me what you think people is this just a coincidence, am I over thinking it or was/is my Great-Gran still with me/us?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrsCollett, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
Hello:
Throughout my life, I have also experienced what are referred to in my family as "visitations". They are generally in a lucid dream state and have given varied information; premonitions, confirmations, revelations, or a final farewell.
When I was younger I didn't understand why it seemed so many in my family & extended family shared birthdays with death dates and other significant days within our group. It seemed to make more sense to me when an elder explained that "we like to come in and go out on the same dates". I really like this particular theory and have decided to adopt it:)
I also believe we are more open spiritually when sleeping and pregnant. Your ancestors were obviously delighted about the births and were letting you know that they are here to show love & support. How wonderful!
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
I'm probably going to be tarred and feathered for this, but I don't think you were experiencing anything paranormal. Just some crazy coincidences. My grandad's birthday is Cinco de Mayo (also the day he died). My birthday is Mexico's Independence day. Either my family is steered by fate to be born on Mexican holidays, or it's coincidence. Dreams in themselves aren't paranormal either. Just my opinions, I'm not trying to say you are lying or anything. You asked yourself at the end of the story wether or not we thought it was paranormal or coincidence. I think it's coincidence.

All respect--Mountaineer
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Nice Missy! My boyfriend and I really want a boy first (older brother and all) and so I don't have the heart to tell him "sorry, its going to be a girl". (We're not trying for kids yet though). Its possible though, that even if I do have a boy first, I'll still have that girl they showed me. The psychic tendencies run in the women on my mom's side of the family. Its possible I'm just seeing who's next in line. 😊 haha
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
It's really chilling to experience something like that. My grandmother always told me and my siblings that the higher power always has a way of letting us know of things that are going to happened and it's usually given to us by our loved ones. Like what happened to you and your cousin and to MissyM. To know that something special is going to come to you is kind of mind blowing.

By the way, Congratulation to you and your cousin on having your children.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
[at] Steph
"I have also seen my grandmothers (both died) and they showed me the child I don't have yet."

My cousin and I went to see a medium 4 years ago while I was pregnant and she wasn't but was trying. The medium said that my grandmother (passed 2004) had 2 boys with her waiting to come join us. After that my cousin discovered she was pregnant and later was having a boy (I didn't find out in advance what I was having) and I ended up having a boy as well.
It was pretty cool.
😁
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
What a nice story with a touching ending. I have always been told that dreams during pregnancy can be more vivid. But I truly believe that because the child that you are carrying is more sensitive to the paranormal that this could make the mother carrying more sensitive as well.

Has nothing to do with the story but my son's birthday is September*23* aswell ❤

MM
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
I think its a really cool story! I will always think that dreams are significant because no matter what, your mind is conjuring images that we can see without our eyes. To me, that is miraculous enough! I'm sure we can be affected psychicly through dreams, as I have had that happen to myself. I have also seen my grandmothers (both died) and they showed me the child I don't have yet. I will be most excited to see if that premonition comes true! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: