You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghosts Encounters Happening To My Family For Years

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Encounters Happening To My Family For Years

 

Like everyone, I know that people have their beliefs and disbeliefs when it comes to ghosts and encounters, some choose to believe others dont. I'm not asking for you to believe what I have to say, I'm just looking for a way to talk about it without being made fun of for things I have seen or been through.

The experiences in my house have been happening to me for years. Well to be completely honest, have been happening to my family for years, one of my aunts lived in a haunted house, which her daughters were both terrorized in their bedrooms at night. They have grown up and have kids now who also have experiences. Any ways back to me:)

As I was saying before I have been having experiences on and off for years at my house. Being able to actually pin point the nights and ages I was when it all began is hard, I have tried to block out a lot of my past.

One night I and my best friend were hanging out and I know for sure that I have a ghost there is no doubt in my mind, whether its a male or female I don't know for sure but since it has been around for years I decided to give him a name. I named him George, and he doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

So one night I and my bestfriend were hanging out and we were laying down talking with the lights off because we were attempting to go to bed but couldnt, like typical teenagers all we did was talk; not sleeping like we should have been. Out of no where the light turned on and in the room the only way you could turn the light on was by pulling on the string which is in the middle of the room. So that kind of freaked us out but we laughed it off. I had told my father about it the next day and he made fun of me saying that I'm going crazy and there is no such thing as ghosts. He knows that I call the ghost George, so he told me that I should stop saying that there is a ghost named Kevin in my house and I told him its not Kevin, his name is George.

That night I was sleeping in the basement with my dog and was woken up by an extremely large banging sound. Out of the corner of my eye I could see the bed frame shaking as if it had just been smashed against the wall (the bed had been taken apart so we could finish the basement). It freaked me out but I tried to ignore it, turned the tv on and tried to go back to sleep. About an 30 minutes later my dog was going nuts all the hair on his back was standing up and he was staring at the bed frame growling and shaking. At this point I was paralyized by my fear. I didn't know what was going on and if something worse was about to happen. I ended up staying awake for the rest of the night shaking on the verge of crying holding on to my dog hoping that nothing else was about to happen cause I knew that I couldn't move, I was too frightened.

Another experience that I have had was also in my basement. I was watching tv and I heard a knocking sound off to the side. Wanting to find out what it was I got up off the couch and looked in the direction of where the noise came from. To explain what I saw is difficult but it didn't seem human to me or if it was, it was EVIL. The face of this thing was distorted, best way to explain it if any one has ever seen jeepers creepers 2 (the one with the kids on the bus), the way that the jeepers creepers guys face is when he is spread out in the farmers barn up on the wall is like what this things face looked like to me. Instantly I was in tears screamed and ran up the stairs and out of my house and waiting until someone came home until I went back inside

I constantly feel like someone is watching my every move at all times, and its spooky. I have had my video games turn on and off on me to the point that I got pissed off and screamed to give it up cause I didn't want to play a damn video game. Lights have turned on and off, I constantly hear things falling but nothing is ever there. My dog won't go into the basement any longer. Pictures have fallen over when no one was near it and the windows were closed.

For some strange reason all these things only happen to me, nothing happens to my dad. There are times that I feel like I'm going crazy and that it can't be true, but then I remember stuff has happened when it's been just me and my friends.

I don't know what to do, but these are some of my personal experiences. Thank you for taking your time to read this. Look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, missquinn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

missquinn (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
the bed frame in which you are talking about is from an old bed that wasn't put together it was leaning against a wall between 2 doors in my basement as we do not have the actual bed any more... And my bed doesn't have a frame my matress is on the floor in my bedroom.

We have also had one of my dads friends come into the house and fix all the electrical problems (hes an electrician)

The face was in the corner of my basement face was about 6 feet off the ground and its all I could see of it, the rest was a blur, was deff staring at me, and about 10 feet away from me

Right now I just tell it to f**k off (when I'm actually home) and other then that I'm staying at my boyfriends house cause I don't like being here
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
Hello Missquinn,

Like many have shared with you here in the coments: you are not alone in this. Also over here there have been-are- ghost related situations. So far we were lucky to only note one of them negative. That was at the time when my brother and his family lived still in their flat. Then my sis in law performed a ritual with sacred spells and the negativity stopped. The ghost or ghosts you are dealing with seem of a very strong nature. I would try praying, asking the big guy to kick that troubled spirit out seeing that it diden't listen while you asked it to.

I wish you all the best! Don't let it get to you!

Greetings:
Peter
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
You can perform a blessing yourself. There are ways to do it, there's quite a bit of stories on here that have comments that explain how.
Btw happy belated thanksgiving *smile* hope you ate lots of turkey.
❤ Qt
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
And there are others who may not believe, but are open to the evidence. You've watched scary movies, and can even quote the details of one that managed to creep out this middle aged jaded adult.

An electrical light switch problem, a shaking bed frame that may have caused by you jerking yourself awake, and a possible hallucination.

Where did you see the face/head? What was it next to? How far off the floor? How close/far away was it? Was it looking at you directly?

This account is a bit vague here.
missquinn (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
sorry its taken a while to respond thanksgiving weekend and all for us canadians.

Well the thing that's weird is my dad will full out say he knows my aunts house was haunted when she lived in orillia. But he can't for the life of him say that this house is, even though he told me that when I was a baby him and my aunt use to have these really strange dreams about me and would (hard to believe) comunicate with eachother they happened to look it up and apparently when I was a baby something bad was trying to get into me but it didn't happen cause well from my stand point I'm pretty normal lol.
We still currently live in the same house have for 20 years now, and I'm sure if I were to bring someone in to do say a blessing my dad would think that I was nuts
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
Where in Canada do you live? I just want to make sure I don't go there! 😨

Nice reference to Jeepers Creepers 2. I walked out of that movie and had nightmares for weeks afterwards. I think they'll return tonight!

Good luck to you.

Best,
Fanny ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
My first thought was the same as DivousAngel. Spirits, good or bad, need energy to manifest themselves and make them stronger. The spirits in your home found out that you reacted to them easier than your dad or anyone else in family and decided to pick on you and your dog. With that being said, I think you should follow Miracles' advise about keeping a journal, if not for anything else but to keep your sanity.

Some questions for you: I take it that some of your experiences were when you were younger. (1) Did your father or other family members experience anything as a group on their own? (2) Is there a chance that you father might have blamed it on imagination because either he didn't want to scare you or he was denying himself the truth that the house was haunted. (3) Does your family still own the house and if so, have you thought to do a blessing on the house or yourself?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
Spirits do not necessarily need an invitation. If you can see them or hear them and acknowledge they are there, that is validation enough for them to turn you into a big shining beacon in the darkness. Lost souls seem to flock toward those they can communicate with, to share their pain, to seek comfort and relief, and maybe even subconsciously in an effort to be convinced to move on. All you can do is try just that. Tell them it is time to move on, that there is nothing to be gained by hanging around your house.
missquinn (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
i guess at times I think maybe I'm a medium and that's why all these things are happening to me and why I seem to be the only one that notices these things happening, but from what I know no one else in my family is or at least they arent admitting to it.
I would love an explanation to why this is happening to me, my house is only 30 years old so its not like its old and has been around for years.
So why are these things what ever they are hovering around me and terrorizing me when I haven't done any thing... I won't even allow a ouija board in my house
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
I second what Miracles said. Judging by the straightforward way that you wrote things and the description, I am inclined to believe your account. I guess I really do not have much to contribute that Miracles has not already said, but I just wanted to show my support and tell you that the chances are pretty good that you are not crazy.
missquinn (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
yea I probably should keep a journal of everything that happens when it happens. That's a great idea thank you 😁 I have heard someone whisper my name like right beside my ear but I was the only one home, sent chills right up my spine. Creepy as hell.

In my opinion I think george is just playing like a kid would, hides my stuff and crap like that. There is deffinatly something different in my basement, something that doesn't like me being down there.

As of now I sleep upstairs but I still get woken up in the middle of the night by banging noises and sometimes I feel someone touching me. Its creepy but not nearly as bad as it was in the basement, its weird though to feel like its owning just the basement doesn't make any sence to me. Unless it is george who is playing one hell of a game with me.
killer15 (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
I lived in the same situation on Aurora st. In Pontiac IL I lived in a two story house my room was on the seczond floor then my dad got married to a woman I dispied to where I has to move to the basment for her one angle and one demon children. The basment was where iw had all my encounters with the demons under my bed and in the crawlspace. After five years living in that house we moved to Motorola Dr. Pontiac, IL. Now I live in Madison, WI...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-09)
missquinn - you sound a lot like I did when it all began for me. My parents didn't believe me, I didn't have anyone to talk to. I honestly thought I was losing my mind, even though some of my experiences involved other people. In 2002, I started a journal. I took it back to the first experience I could remember when I was 13, which would have been 1978.

This journal has helped me in ways you wouldn't believe. Just getting it in writing helped. Remembering other incidents, that other people also witnessed, even if they didn't believe, helped me realize I wasn't crazy. I was a the point of tears one day because I kept hearing voices that I knew no one else heard. I just sat down on the couch and cried.

I now have 64 single-spaced typed pages. I keep track of my kids and my experiences. I put the date, sometimes the time, if it's a full moon, just things that might be relevant. Also moods in the house sometimes play into it. Tension, fighting, any negativity at all can sometimes escalate things. Some of my experiences I've submitted here.

I really, really recommend you start a journal if you aren't already keeping one. You've basically started one with this story.

Now that I've gotten all that out of the way, do you feel that George is also the evil feeling you are getting or that there is a separate entity? And is there any chance you can sleep upstairs until this situation is taken care of?

There are cleansing techniques that can help you take care of the thing in the house. But you have to be sure you are strong enough, believe that you can do it, if your dad isn't willing to help you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: