You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Knight In Shining Armor

Real Ghost Stories

My Knight In Shining Armor

 

I was raised around my mothers side of the family and I was extremely close to her dad, I loved him and he was my everything. He was the one who saved me from everything, who spoiled me and as he stated I was his PRINCESS. He played with my hair to put to sleep and he would sing to me.

My sophmore year in High school we received terrible news about my grandfather. After searching him for an entire month, he was in the hospital with pneumonia and was extremely ill. Doctor's couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. All we knew is that he wasn't getting better.

A few weeks prior to us finding him he got diagnosed with full blown AIDS. I remember his death, a few days before it was like he knew. He asked everyone to see him, especially me his PRINCESS! I remember talking to him and he whispered that he would never leave me, that he would always be by my side.

Let me state that my grandfather lived upstairs from me and on several occasions I've been the one to hear his beautiful voice singing, late nights as usual, but I never made anything of it until the night I was sleeping and I felt someone play with my hair. I felt the bed sink in as if he was there but all in all, I have to admit I felt safe.

A few months later I went with a friend to get my cards read by a woman who studies palo mayombe religion and sure enough without me saying a word, she told me that it was my grandfather who played with my hair. I love my grandfather dearly, and even in death he is my knight in shining armor.

I love you grandpa Tony always and forever.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Victoria_Sky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Victoria_Sky (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-13)
Thanks a lot everyone! I greatly appreciate all the comments and support. My grandfather was a wonderful man and I am happy to have shared my story with all of you. I haven't had any experiences with him, its been awhile but I keep in him my prayers everyday and I ask for him to bless me and my family. Because of him I am a better person and grateful for everything he has taught me! I love him and he will always remain MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR! ❤
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
Victoria_Sky,
Sorry for the loss. This is such a sweet experience. Don't we all wish that our loved ones would be with us forever. 😊 This story is going on my favorites list. Thanks for sharing.

AF1 ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
Thank you for sharing such a touching experience. I agree that it is good to hear about something not-scary paranormal happening once in a while.
BatsuTora (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
Gyah I fell some tears at the end;__; you had a really kind Grandfather, and he's still with you X3 it's like a fairytale~
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
any grandson/granddaughter would want him as a grandfather. ❤
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-01)
How lucky you were to have such a loving and wonderful grandfather. May he rest in peace.
raccoonbonapart (1 stories) (21 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-01)
What a sweet story! I'm sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a nice man.
reptilian (45 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
It is nice to finally hear from someone who isn't rambling some nonsense about "scary" things. Thank you for sharing.
reptilian (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
This is a very touching story, you are most fortunate to have such a companion.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
Sorry for your loss Victoria_Sky, your grandfather seemed like a wonderfull person and like he told you will always be with and around you. What a feeling to have it confirmed that this was your grandfather playing with your hair! Thank you for sharing your experience with us here! 😊

Dan

(hauntedparanoidgirl756: Whoah woah, what the hell was that all about? Haha!😆)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Victoria_Sky,
First, I'm am sorry for the loss of your beloved grandfather. I can see how wonderful he was just by the way you speak of him. He is keeping his promise to you. This was a lovely tribute to him, and you have done his memory proud.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: