You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Mexican Shining

Real Ghost Stories

The Mexican Shining

 

I come from the UK but this story was when I was on holiday in Cancun, Mexico. This encounter was actually why I came across this site because I was looking into Mexican spirits.

I have previously done stories about a haunted house I live in and a haunted school. I decided I was going to write about my experience in a hotel next. This wasn't as scary to me as my last two were.

In the hotel (I can't remember the name) there was a toilet in this basement like area. I only went in there a few times because it gave off some serious bad mojo. It was always cold (even though the weather was like 35 degrees celcius with no air-con) and I always felt sick and scared when I went in there. I heard disembodied voices, doors rattling, loud bangs and something felt off. Like I wasn't safe.

I started using the toilet in the restaurant - but that wasn't much better - it was actually worse. It was cleaner - but I felt like something negative was weighing down on me. It got worse when I started hearing screaming in a deserted cubicle and then the door slammed. I ran out crying.

The holiday itself was amazing, but I didn't feel safe in that hotel. I had nightmares every night and weird stuff started happening in my room. I heard heavy breathing and knocking noises as well as getting that paranoid feeling of being watched. It might not sound that scary, but the place had some sort of dark aura - I'm not a psychic or medium but something wasn't right.

I'm more thankful I didn't see any spirits. I was pretty shook up and my mum started calling me Haley Joel 🙄. In normal circumstances, I would've tried to make contact or something but I felt like it was poking a bear with a stick. I'm not aware of any deaths but I wasn't really sure where to search for that info.

Other hauntings by Filmbuff1234

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Filmbuff1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-03)
Interesting story Nectavore. I believe a violent death can leave an unpleasant atmosphere in the air.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-03)
Hey Filmbuff

I'm working my way through all your stories tonight, lol, I'm hooked.

My father had a similar experience in Chiang Mei, Thailand.

A bathroom, in a hotel suite, that felt very unsettling.
He said the room had very menacing, heavy feeling... And after taking a bath in that room, he felt absolutely rattled and ill at ease

It went from an undertone to acute, the feeling.

He later found out that in that exact suite, in that room, in the (previous) bathtub, a woman's life had been taken, by her lover.
(The story was dark and terrible and out of respect for her I will not share the details of her passing)

The hotel replaced the bathtub, but continued to book out the suite... (Sometimes hotels close off the room out of respect...)

I share this to point out an interesting and relevant fact.

The Thai staff never booked this suite out to other Thai, as the story was well known.

But it was regularly booked to Westerners, who hadn't heard the tale (Farung are fair game, clearly. Lol)

Bright blessings
Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-28)
lady-glow I couldn't use the toilet in my room because it was quite a way away from the pool and I have a pretty bad sense of direction. I asked my mum and it was called Dreams Riviera
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-04-26)
Huh...?

Is there a reason why you couldn't use the toilet in your room?

It would be helpful to know the name of the hotel, that way you could check it's history and that of the land it was built.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: