You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shining White Entity Smiling At Me

Real Ghost Stories

Shining White Entity Smiling At Me

 

This experience happened a few years ago. I've only told a couple people about it and would never tell any type of therapist/psychiatrist because I'm sure they would try to put me on medication or worse.

My room was in the basement of my house, partially underground. There was a large TV/comp. Area as you walked in from the door, coming from the stairs leading to the top half of the house. There was also a bathroom in the back.

It was very late one night, around 2 a.m. When I woke up and went to the bathroom. As I was walking back to my room after turning left from the bathroom, I kind of felt like someone was behind me. I froze and something came rushing past me from behind. As it did it whispered something in my ear and gave me goose bumps as if someone was right there whispering into my ear, very close to me (I couldn't tell what was whispered). The right side of my body tingled a little and I shivered. The entity kept rushing forward and then stopped just about 4 feet away from me. It happened very fast and I still felt like I was frozen and almost like time was at a standstill.

I then looked up to see what was there and saw a brilliantly shining human shape, the same size as myself. It was human shaped but pure white, and the edges looked a little like static/electricity. It was too bright to look directly at the torso where the light was the brightest (it looked all white, not like the light from the torso was shining on the rest of it). I continued looking upwards and then saw the head. The first thing I noticed about the head was two dull tan/brown horns that had a slight curve inwards toward each other. They looked kind of segmented/twisted like a narwhal horn or the stereotypical unicorn horn. I was surprised that the horns were so dull with the rest of the body being so bright and amazing.

The next thing I noticed was that it was smiling at me. It had a huge ear to ear grin on its face. The smile was pure black with barely visible humanish teeth. It had no eyes, nose, or ears, just horns and that smile. It just stood there smiling at me as I was frozen and I got the sense that it was happy and very pleased with something. It kind of wriggled in place with excitement like it was a child barely able to contain itself over some exciting thing. I wasn't afraid as it happened because it was so damn happy and then as quickly as it came, it turned towards the door and shot through it. I got a mental video as it went through the door, up the stairs, across the kitchen towards the front door above ground. I stared at the door and at the ceiling following the mental video with my eyes. As it got to the front door it stopped for a moment then shot forward with incredible speed through the door and the mental video was gone. As it went through the door I felt a shudder and for a second I felt like someone had given me a good punch in the stomach but with no pain.

After that I felt and knew it was gone. I felt it going through the door was a kind of message telling me that it was leaving. I then went to bed without much trouble and felt relieved and tired. After that I never put any effort into finding out what visited me that night and didn't really tell anyone, but recently I've been thinking about it and really want to find out what is was that I experienced.

There were two other things that happened in the same house.

1.I once noticed the door to the basement from the stairs was shaking while closed, as it often did when someone opened the front door due to suction, but it was constant and continued until I was scared enough to run back up the stairs (about 30 seconds of constant shaking)

2.I was downstairs on the computer tired and nodding off leaning back in the chair when I heard my name being repeated over and over. Slowly and quietly at first then gradually faster and louder until I was thoroughly spooked and felt like I was about to tip over backwards. I grabbed the comp. Desk and left the basement quickly.

**A couple things that may be of interest to anyone reading this

-I was baptized in Greece as a child at a famous monastery that I can't remember the name of right now

-I saw a human "ghost" in Greece as a child near a cemetery.

-My Greek grandmother accurately predicted the death of my American grandfather (other side of the family) on my mom's coffee cup three weeks before he died.

-My father saw black monkey like entities staring at him in the same cemetery that I saw the human ghost near as a child.

-I have very strong spiritual beliefs but do not belong to any religion and feel like I know more about the occult than the average person

-I have been smoking cannabis medicinally for severe chronic nausea since before the experience, but never tried anything else besides alcohol and do not have a history of mental disorders in my family.

-I once unintentionally astral projected when I was younger

***And what may be most useful to know for anyone interested in this experience is that just a couple months before my experience I bought the book the Necronomicon and had been messing around with various things in it and made seals for 2 or 3 spirits from the book of the names. The Necronomicon isn't made up stuff by H.P Lovecraft, and if you insist that it's all fake then please don't waste your time and comment.

What I experienced was amazing and there's no explanation, so I'm trying to find someone who knows more about this stuff than I do to help me.

I'm a normal person with no mental disorders, it's impossible for me to dismiss this as hallucination due to the fact that before I SAW it I FELT it when it whispered into my ear, and if you feel something it is just as real as any "reality" our brains interpret. I believe this entity exists somewhere and would like any help anyone can give.

And again, if you don't believe don't waste your time you'll never convince me of something else.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Vermont

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scrambles, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrambles (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
I've recently come to the conclusion that the entity was Asaruludu, an Annunaki spirit
Bluebonnet (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
I think it was just a dare. His buddies probably dared him to show himself to you and he was happy because he got you to see him. Kind of like the rush a streaker gets... I assume. 😊
inclement (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
i had the same thing, but was black, and had tiny pinprick white eyes, but the smile is as you describe... It rushed at me too, seemed to like chasing me at first, my boyfriend was in the house at the time, this was during the day, while bright sunlight was streaming in through the window.

I was terrified and actually climbed up my boyfriend to stop it touching my feet, which it seemed to find funny...

I can't post my story at the moment, as the submit page is down, have no idea what it was, we tried burning sage around the house, it seemed to back off quite a lot but after that a smaller black thing (no face) would sometimes peer at my boyfriend when he was asleep, and wait on the stairs.

Try the sage, I also screamed at it to f*** off during the day while two people were there, (looked crazy haha). It was actually very active during the morning/afternoon. After shouting at it for a very long time it did leave through the bathroom wall. I actually got so desperate I smashed an ornament in it's direction to try and frighten it.

I think I would suggest just standing up to it, it took a very long time, visualisations of white light enclosing the house, pushing it out... Was very hard mentally to move it at all, seemed very 'heavy'.
purplepiggie (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
It sounds to me like when you were messing around, you set something free. That something stopped by to say thanks and off he went to his mischief. No telling what it was. I've never heard anything like the description you gave. Sounds like he's gone though. I wouldn't worry about the entity, but rather what you may have unwittingly unleashed on the world. Could be good, could be bad. Only you know. Good luck!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
It sounds like you are in possession of the Book Of The Dead.

I will wait for your responses to the questions everyone has raised.
Sundaydrive (49 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
I echo the word "interesting" here.
I'm just wondering which of the Necronomicon books you have? There's a few versions in circulation (The Necronomicon Spellbook, The Dark History of the Necronomicon, The Gates Of The Necronomicon, and Necronomicon: The Wanderings of Alhazred. There are a few "false entries" in some rather "odd" libraries of the world, too. The University library of Troms
gaarvaag (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-17)
Very interesting, never heard about a spirit or anything alike to be so bold. We're talking about a very detailed visit here. It obviously wanted you to have a good look at it

I've been visited by a human spirit myself but he only showed himself for about 3 seconds and he left quiet suddenly (as in vanishing, not running away or anything).

Be careful though, you may stir unwanted attention, and this thing you encountered may not be as nice as it wants you to believe. As said in the bible satan himself was a shiny angel (Not that I follow the bible or anything), looks can be very deceiving.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-17)
There were people that believed they were going to be caught up in the tail of halleys comet too, and you couldn't shake their belief. I don't doubt that there are books with the title of " the necronomicon" but they were written after first mentioned in Lovecraft's 1924 short story "The Hound".
And the title translated actually means,""Book considering (or classifying) the dead." I myself when I was a child was a fan of "Yog-Sothoth"
An Outer God and is coterminous with all time and space yet is supposedly locked outside of the universe we inhabit. Its cosmic nature is hinted at in this passage from "Through the Gates of the Silver Key" (1934) by Lovecraft

The Old Ones
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.
- H. P. Lovecraft, "The Dunwich Horror"

In The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, its name is part of an incantation that could revive the dead
I read everything I could get my hands on about YOG-SOTHOTH and even tried a few incantations.
But then I had to grow up. Alas.
That there never was the "necronomicon" such as mentioned in lovecrafts books doesn't stop those who worship the darkside from doing so and writing their own version of the book with that title and make it just as evil. You should be careful what you delve into, it might be something you'll find it much harder to clear yourself of later.
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
What is evident is that you have had a spiritual encounter. It does not seem that it has become a spiritual problem yet. It does appear that some of your recent intests could lead to a slippery slope where it would be easy for something evil to take notice of you, which has happened in the past. I am not sure if the book had anything to do with it, but just having it in your house puts you at risk. I would think that your accidental astral projection would have open you up more than anything. Remember these entities do not live on our time table they have waited thousands if not more years just to get a crack at a human, they are very patient and take there time. If you like the afterlife and awesome true stories, get a Bible and read it. Many people that say thing against the Bible have never read it. It is full of amazing and supernatural history that everyone should experience. Trade the book that can bring you trouble for one that will ultimately set you free and guarantee your eternity.
ZiShu (281 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
That entity seems to point towards what we consider evil. Nothing Angelic or of the light from God has horns, nor does it whisper names or causes poltergiest activity.
waddesdon (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
wow that's so cool the same happened to my frein instead it was a green glow
robertar (223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Hmm... Seeing something with horns, happy to see you after "messing" with necromancy book (is that a religious excercise? What do you think it might be? Maybe you made a new friend.

What do you mean when you use the words: occult, spiritual, religion?

How can we steer you to someone who knows more than you unless we know that you know? And why would someone want to?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Interesting very interesting.

Could the little ghost boy have attached itself to you. A smiling shining entity mmmmm I Wonder?

When your father saw these monkeys, was he by any chance going through anything in his life? Sorry if this is to personal, I apologise. You can ignore the question.

Necronomicon, Well well well,

"For the non-believers of the necronomicon I have to state that this is not a hoax book to play with. Magickal seals can never be made up by anyone".

You clearly brought the book to preform some of the rituals in it and I can believe you did no doubt have some awesome and amazing experiances, what are the consequences of these rituals, for everything you take, you have to give back twice. I am a firm believer of this.

I am most intrigued and would really like to know more about your excperiances.

Thanks
Surya

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: