You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Light Shining In My Eyes While Sleeping

Real Ghost Stories

Light Shining In My Eyes While Sleeping

 

Last night was the 20th year 'anniversary' (I hate to use that term) of my fathers death. I am 25 years old. He passed away 5 days before my 6th birthday. Yesterday seemed to be one of the hardest... Living all this time without your father is far from easy. I am engaged and wonder who I am going to have walk me down the aisle on my wedding day. I have randomly had dreams with him in it throughout the years but never really any signs or what not.

They were random, I'd dream that I ran into him at a store but he was a different person and had no idea who I was. My grandmother (his mother) passed away this past May. She was the only person who constantly reminded me of how much he loved me.

Here is the story:

Last night when I was finally dozing off to sleep I kept waking to a BRIGHT LIGHT shining in my eyes. It was almost like someone was standing over me with a bright flashlight in my eyes. I woke up, and it was completely dark, I looked around a bit kind of worried because a few months back our house was burglarized. I fell back asleep and once again, the light was shining in my eyes so I woke back up, and nothing...

I just can't seem to stop wondering if it was my fathers presence. Maybe he saw how upset I was yesterday and just wanted to show me he was here and watching me. I'm still heartbroken over his death 20 years later and I just want to know he is up there watching my life not missing a thing.

Has anyone ever had something similar to this happen before? Or can you help me explain it...? It would help so much and be appreciated greatly if you can share your thoughts and related stories.

Thanks so much!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustAshleigh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

texican74 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-15)
I had this happen to me early this morning. I was asleep & felt as if someone shined a flashlight on my eyes but when I opened my eyes it was dark. The light was bright white. I didn't understand what had occurred and still don't know. It has happened before but it had been a long time.
csonal (1 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
There is nothing ghostly about this experience of seeing light. There are seven chakras in our body, sixth one being third eye (Ajna chakra) situated slightly above the centre of two eyes on the forehead. Its when there is huge energy flow into this chakra due to consistent thinking/worrying you see the yellow light.
brillesoleil (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
this has happened to me too... And I too am trying to figure it out. It has happened a couple of times actually.
ghostsrreal202 (6 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-06)
My mom had the same exact thing happen to her when she was younger! I told this to my mom and she was happy that she wasn't going crazy or anything 😁

P.S. Sorry this is extremely late! 😢
87calais (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
Hi JustAshleigh, I too am sorry to here about your Dad. I have had the same experience a few times with years in between each experience. I have woken up to a really bright flash of light that you can see whilst asleep, when I opened my eyes their was nothing but that purply dark spot you see after looking at a light. Unfortunately I don't know what it is either I,ve often thought it was a nerve firing off in my head causing me to see the light. Your Dad would be looking out for you from where he is and watching you live your life. I know my Grandfather does. I hope this is some help. All the best.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
JustAshleigh, I am so sorry you lost your father at such a young age. I believe that he is around and has been watching over you the whole time. I'm sure that when you are sad or upset he finds a way to comfort you just like any parent would do. Thank you for sharing your story, and congratulations on your engagment. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: