You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Grandpa And The Entourage

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa And The Entourage

 

I have always had experiences, beginning from the age of 5 when I first saw my Grandfather the day he passed away in my basement. Knowing that he had passed, the day I was brought to the funeral, I cried uncontrollably for hours once I saw his lifeless body. Not because I had missed him, but I couldn't understand why he was at our house and here at the same time.

This experience had frightened me, and I feel that as a result I may have pushed everything away until my teen years when I had started to experiment with Ouija boards. I don't recommend this to anyone, as you are opening up your residence to a whirlwind of spirits, most unwanted. The activity in my house peaked at this point. Every night I would hear someone shuffle up to my door, stand there and walk away. As a teenager I was furious that my mother still needed to check on me, and most of the time I kept my eyes closed to avoid a conversation about why I was still awake. One night, I heard the shuffle again, and sat up... There was nothing there. No person, no spirit. Just an empty doorway. This happened for the next few weeks, every night and most of the time I had the courage to look. Again no one there.

A few weeks later I was talking on the phone and I heard a crash from the basement that was so loud, I thought the TV had fallen off the stand. As I set the phone down to explore, I heard the same awful crash from the upstairs and ran to check it out. Nothing, yet my friend had also heard the same noises over the phone. Later that night, the stove timer would ding, and it was an old stove, in which someone had to physically push it and turn it to activate it. This happened on several occasions and when I finally had the courage to talk to my mother about it, she had told me that many nights my brother and I were out, she would wake up to the oven timer.

One morning, she came up to my brother (13) and I (now 15) and said, "You are a little old to have nightmares and be crawling into my bed." We both looked at one another like, we are practically adults why would we sleep in your bed?! My mother walked us into her room and the covers had been removed and there was a distinct impression in the pillow. She is a sound sleeper and barely messed her own side of the bed, nevermind the opposite side. Neither of us were sleepwalkers, and to this day there is still no explanation for this. She settled on the fact that it was her father, and never spoke of it again.

I continued to use the Ouija board as a way to get answers. My energy, probably that of an angry teen seemed to draw all sorts of negative spirits who would pose to be great people and friends. One day this lady "Betsey" wrote "H A M S T E R" and within two seconds my hamster squealed from the other room. She was in a ball and when I went to pick her up she bit me repeatedly which she had never done before. I had enough, I yelled that I wanted them all out of my house and my life and hadn't touched a Ouija board since. The activity fizzled out and I could sleep again for more than 2 hours at a time.

Now as an adult, I have seen two spirits with my own eyes. One was a man, who walked through the closed door of a restaurant in broad daylight. And even though I had actually watched it happen, it took me a minute to register what I had witnessed. Another was late at night, driving with my brother. And I saw a man zip across the street. I made a comment in anger as to why someone would dart out of the dark at 3 am, only to realize that he had no legs. He was a blur from the waist down. My brother had no idea what I was talking about. I'm fascinated and unnerved at the same time. Why only those two?

I started to dream about people who have passed, and I had spoke of this before as I had an account "healer" which had expired. Graphic images of a man shooting himself in the head, to a girl beaten to a pulp crying on bleachers. The more I embrace that I have some kind of connection, the more these people show themselves to me in GREAT detail. I remember every item they are wearing, every inch of their face yet I've never met them. A medium told me that I had an ability but I had shut them out for so long, they were all just waiting to speak to me, following me around like an entourage.

My problem is this: They NEVER speak to me, and even when I have tried, the results are frightening. My grandfather followed every dream one night, and when I yelled to him to tell me what he wanted, the entire room shook (in my dream).

How do I understand what they want? Thank you so much in advance for reading, and hopefully relating to what I have been through.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luckydenvermint, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-26)
luckydenvermint- what frightening accounts! I got to say, i've never had any scary accounts so far, and thank god for it. I've only seen and felt my loved ones. Maybe subconsciously I always told myself do not fear because my mom, other family members, and a dearly beloved ex boyfriend watches me all the time. Also, my faith in God helps a lot. When I do start feeling nervous I talk to the air about good things 😆

Sorry for the loss of your grandpa and i'm glad to hear you are no longer in that unhappy stage. As i've stated I haven't had scary accounts so i'm not much help when it comes to your experience. However I wish you protection and contentment always
❤ NotJustMe
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
luckydenvermint,

Understanding the spirits that we 'see' is not an easy task. Spirit's do not always communicate with words... They will also use images and symbols which are not always easy to figure out.

Have you tried conducting an EVP session? This may allow you to hear some of them. Another way would be to invite them to 'show you' what they mean in your dreams. A dream Journal comes in handy for this method.

Before attempting any method of spirit communication please ensure your personal sheilds are 'up'. Protect yourself fisrt and formost, then attempt to communicate with these spirits that seem to be around you.

Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
luckydenvermint (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
zzsgranny: I must have, I couldn't log in.

Cholulteca: It's not a bother, I just wish I could have a better understanding. Thank you for the kind words!
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
Sorry to hear all the problems these ghost are causing you, I have no other suggestion than to pray and ask God for guidance,

Hugs,
Claudia
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
The account of "healer" isn't expired... Maybe you changed your e-mail address or IP...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: