You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Grandpa's Camera

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa's Camera

 

Hey Everyone!

Lately some small odd things have been going on in my home.

Little things that if I hadn't started paying attention, would go by unnoticed.

As of late because of the cold, wet, weather I have been keeping our furry baby in the lounge room. It's his bedroom nowadays.

On the very end of the room, is a large walk in closet where I keep all of my poetry, kids' art projects, and some of my Grandpa Sonny's things. These are the things I was allowed to take from his home, when we cleaned it out after he passed.

This particular camera still had the film in it. I put it in a box at the back of the closet.

One morning I woke up, started my usual routine. Start the coffee, let the dog out, smoke a cigarette, and take a shower.

I started the coffee, and went downstairs. When I let Tucker out I saw the camera just sitting on the weight bench. I thought it weird to be sitting out like that, but it was early and I put it up.

I go back up stairs and the coffee hadn't started off right so coffee grinds are all over the pot,counter,and floor. I cleaned it up, and made more.

Off to work I went.

A couple days later same routine, and again, the camera is sitting on the floor just outside the closet.

I thought ok maybe Tuck is getting the camera out of the closet, but how? The closet doors are shut.

So I open the doors up and set it on top of some shirts on the highest shelf. I'm thinking "If it's him I know he can't reach it here". And continue on with my routine and go off to work.

The same night, Tuck started to whine at the door. So I let him out to pee, but he has no need to go. I let him back in, I go upstairs and shut the door, leaving him there. He starts to whine at the door again.

I go down there to sit with him, and the closet doors are open. I go to close them, and usually he is walking with his body touching my legs. But this time he stayed at the door and watched me from afar.

I close the doors and walk back and open the door, and he flies out so fast I couldn't catch him. I finally caught him and put him in the room with the kids where he slept that night.

The next morning I start my routine and forgot he was in the kids' room.

I go downstairs to let him out, and realize he's not in there and see the closet doors are open and the camera is sitting on the side of the weight bench, on the floor and the film has been partially torn out the camera and torn right in the middle.

I pick it up, wrap it up and put it back in the closet... Disappointed I wouldn't be able to get that developed eventually.

Thanks for reading

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-07-22)
Vulcan,

Thank you for reading my experience.

My life is really quite busy and hectic. Always on the run doing something. I have 4 children and a huge extended family. So the Camera and it's film truly weren't my priority. It's great you would have made it priority, but my family comes first.

To let everyone know I have an update on the camera and film.
I still have to camera and it's film. I took it to a few different places to have the film looked at. At both places I was told the film was in poor condition and had been exposed. Sorry wish I had a better update for you all!

Spiritwaiting
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-13)
This story is interesting. But I'm curious about the film. If I came across older undeveloped film especially from a relative, the first thing I would do would be to find someone to develope it. And I don't care what I had going on with my life I'd make time to do that. Just sayin.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-23)
First thank you all for reading and taking time to comment.

All of you have good ideas, and I will definitely look into it and see if any of the film is salvageable.

Rc,
When I took the camera from the home, I honestly forgot about it being in my little corner of the closet with the few other things I still have left of him.
When I found the camera in his closet, my first thought was "Ooh I will get this developed",but once I put it up, it was merely out of sight out of mind.

Baby goat puller,

I know the signs were there after I thought about how many times this gosh darn camera showed up outside the closet. But with my day to day life, and all that goes on, the camera wasn't truly on my agenda.

Twilight,

Thank you soooo much for the search! I will most definitely search a bit more and find numbers to check out what I can do.

Red,
Yes it's been too long. I hope all is going amazing on your side 😊.
And I've taken pictures of this particular room, I seem to get a vibe from it, not like the rest of the house.
And I've never caught anything which I find kind of off.
So I wait a few weeks and try again and still nothing. LOL but I keep trying, because if somethings there I will get it!

Anywhooo...
Thank you all!
Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-20)
Hi spirit
Long time no talk I hope all is well.
I'm sorry for the loss of your grandpa but as my father in-law has proven pranks don't end after death. My mother in-law is 89 and is nearing the end of her time here on Earth. My father in-law will probably be here more often after that. Not that she will get into Heaven,she'll most likely be in Outer Heaven.
By the way if you can snap a few pictures of the room by the closet I bet you'll get at least an orb.

Good seeing you on here again.
Red
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-15)
I'd like to add, with what all I said I learned on the film still being good, as far as where to take it to get developed, from what I've read, any place that still develops film should be fine. It shouldn't need any special work done to it, to get it to develop. At least from what I read that is.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-15)
Spiritwaiting, I did a quick Google search, and from what I can tell is that even with your grandfather's film being slightly pulled out, you should still be able to get the roll developed. At most, the picture that is pulled out, and has a tear in it, might not be salvageable, but the others all should still be fine. Also I read that as long as no direct light was exposed on it, it should also still be fine. So even if with the little bit of film that is pulled out (which would probably be only 1 or 2 photos, depending how much is pulled out), the other pictures should still be fine. With what happened, I think you should definitely go get the film developed as soon as you can, so you can see what all the fus was about on getting your attention to the camera. I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope that I'm right on the other pictures being fine, so you can enjoy whatever is on those photos. This time of year, you could look at it as one last Christmas present from your grandfather, and if you want to make it even more special, go as far as wrapping it up, to open and look at on Christmas 😊 I wish you luck, and hope to hear that the photos are still good. Happy Holidays 😘
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-15)
I'm sorry for your loss Spiritwaiting but other than that film jumping up and slapping you in the face, I don't know how this could not have been more obvious to you. Even your dog seemed to be trying to tell you something!

I'm sorry if this comes off as being rude, I really don't mean to be as I'm sure you were just getting on with life but these "signs" just seemed to be "begging" you to get that film developed.

I like Augusta's idea. Couldn't hurt to try making some phone calls and see if anyone does it.
Jubeele (26 stories) (895 posts)
+7
5 years ago (2018-11-13)
Hi spiritwaiting, I'm really curious as to what was on that film. I got the impression that Grandpa Sonny was trying to draw your attention to the camera and when you didn't get the hint, he tore the film up as if to say: "Oh, forget it!"

Now you've reminded me that my old Canon still has a roll of 24 in it. I can't even remember what's on it. 🤔
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2018-11-13)
The film may still be salvageable - try taking it to the art department of a local university - often the photography classes still teach "old fashioned" developing techniques and you could see what they might make of it.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-13)
I am very sorry for your loss. May his Memory be eternal.

I do have just one question, though. Why did no one in your family take the film to a developer?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: