You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Breathing And Popping Noises

Real Ghost Stories

Breathing And Popping Noises

 

Ever since I moved into this house, I have been hearing breathing at night, while I try to sleep and it sounds like someone is in the bed next to me. At first I thought it was the air conditioner, or pipes in the wall, but I decided to rearrange my room and it still wouldn't stop when I would try to sleep.

I told one of my friends about this and he suggested that I should go to the Doctor to see if I had an ear infection. The doctor told me I had no ear infection, or anything out of the ordinary.

Finally, I searched it on Google and found very similar stories to what has been happening to me.

In our yard is a cemetery from the late 1800's, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

As time progressed, the breathing got even louder, and I get this constant feeling that I'm being watched ALL the time in my room. Last week I had one of my friends come over and she told me she could hear something breathing, but not from where I was hearing it. According to her, something was making sounds behind her, where as with me, it was beside me. That is one of the reasons I think there's more than one thing in my house, or following me. After that we left to go to her home, and had no other strange things happen.

The other night I heard popping sounds, like someone took a thumb tack and constantly hit the pin against a wall. After researching that, I saw articles on possession so my theory of having ghosts has changed to having a demon (s).

I'm not necessarily afraid of this, I just find it a little odd. I do believe in ghosts and Demon's, but I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing this is happening to me.

Has anyone had anything like this happen?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surgycal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
Surgycal,
The first thing that came to mind for me were structural causes. The reason I thought in that direction is that something similar happened to me once. The breathing and popping sounds you've described are very much what I had experienced as well. Mine turned out being an attic fan. The kind that you don't need to turn on, they are there to release heat from the area of the house that heat gets trapped in, the ceiling, heat rises. If you can see the entire roof area from the ground, it would look like a round silver spinning, object up there. About the size of a volleyball. The sound it makes as it spins can be very deceiving. And it does sound as if it is coming from all directions at once. The pops and pings could likely be particles caught up in the air current hitting the spinning metal top, or even leaves from the outside coming in contact with the metal.
I thought you might want to at least eliminate this as a possible cause before anything else. Also, mine got so bad that it started to sound like growling. Now that WAS scary.

Jav
fancha2000 (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
I had a very similar experience many years ago, when I was 17. I started to hear breathing coming from the corner of my room. I was hearing it every morning, never at any other time. I also would randomly wake up every day at 5:57 am once it started, as if on cue. In any case, in the beginning I remember lying there and thinking it had to be something else, but as the days, weeks, then months progressed, there was no mistaking the sound to be breathing. It would also get louder and louder just like with you.

I remember one morning it got so loud it freaked me out so bad I ran out to get my mother and as we walked down the hallway leading into my room, I heard it stop as soon as she came in.

I eventually could not cope and moved into another room, where I never heard it. Then I left that house and went to university abroad.

When I came back on holiday a couple of years later, I went to my old room and stayed there. Nothing happened, I did not hear anything for the first few days. Then one morning I heard it again. I could hardly believe it. Later that day I went to have a shower (my bathroom is ensuite), and I heard the breathing while I was showering.

At this point, I started screaming: "Get out! I have had enough! How dare you come in here" I don't remember what I screamed but I was very angry and I was telling it to just get the hell out. It stopped and I never heard it again. I haven't lived in that house since, and go back very infrequently, my mother still lives there but has never experienced anything of the like. My sister and I have had a lot of paranormal activity happen in that house though, and I have never seen anything but she once saw the ghost of an old man on the balcony.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
I agree with granny. It sounds like a classic poltergeist to me, and if it freaks you out you can ask it to leave. Some of it might just be residual energy or high EMFs.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
Sugarycal: I'm not sure why you think this is a demon, but I see no sign that myself... There are others on this site who'd disagree, but other than hearing breathing and taps, it seems harmless... I think it's just wanting your attention...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: