You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unexplained Noises/occurrences In The Spare Room At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained Noises/occurrences In The Spare Room At Night

 

Thank you for reading.

I am hearing noises in out spare bedroom when I occasionally sleep in there.

The most frequent (and I am positive 100% it is not rodents) is a distinct "loud dripping" noise that always sounds exactly the same. The best way to describe it is that it sounds like drops of water, at a rate of 2 per second, hitting wood. It always wakes me up out of a sound sleep. It sounds like it's just inside the sheet rock and/or right at the doorway (which is closed). It happens in like 3 different locations.

The next thing is a couple different sounds at the window behind my head. One was very distinct. It sounded like someone was "cutting" the corner of the screen out side the closed window with a knife. VERY distinct. It woke me up and stopped, lasted just a few seconds. Last night, in the same location, again a very distinct sound like someone was using a spray bottle. Same location.

I heard sounds like someone was scratching the carpet a couple times. Again, all sounds are very distinct, they always wake me up. When I do wake up, all I hear (most times) is a very "faint" sound like someone is moving around the room. It doesn't last that long. A very quiet "swooshing" sound like someone clothes just making a "soft" noise.

THEN the scariest thing. I get that extreme eerie feeling someone is there. Very close and watching me. I get the most craziest chills running through my entire body. I even left the room a couple times because or it.

Finally, and this is the only thing I could "possibly" find a reason for is two times, I was woke up by being "nudged" moderately. I do have some spasm's sometimes but they don't usually happen when I am sleeping and they happened in a location where I really don't get them when I get them. Once in the knee, where it actually "pushed" my knee and once in the elbow, again, moved it.

I only go to this room when I am snoring because my girlfriend works early and I don't want to keep her awake. I am on a constant daily dose of tramadol (for years now) and recently take Adderall during the day but by the time I sleep, it should be well out of my system. These occurrences usually start after I am asleep for an hour (or less) and usually about the same time at night.

OH! The biggest thing was the thing that woke me up around 6 am where it felt/sounded like a cat landed right behind my head! I swear it was as if I really felt the "tap" it made. Very distinct and made the noise and everything... Jesus. Now that I am writing all this I have to ask. Am I loosing it? Does any of this make sense? Should I do something? I'm living a decent life actually. I'm not really stressed. I was wondering if the meds are doing this and I don't drink (maybe I should lol)

Please write back if you can. Thank you kindly, Peter

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nisubar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lwgrn4real66 (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-11)
How's it going? You're not crazy or even just imagining those activities. I'm not sure if the meds are adding to it or not. I don't think they really would be. My experiences were weird also but some of them seemed to relate to stories or shows I've seen before. Just bits and pieces though. Some making perfect sense but still unexplainable. I'm not getting on one of my experiences I had, but in one of them, I would hear what sounded like people whispering outside at my camper windows and the sounds of knives scraping the windows at the same time while totally awake at night while watchingtv or whatever. Anyways, that's another story. I'm not sure why, who, or what any of my unexplained experiences were but it happened. So don't talk about meds or being crazy or whatever! I'm not sure what all is out there or why. Not sure I really "want" to either! All I KNOW FOR SURE THAT'S THERE, IS WHAT I EXPERIENCED! So, if I were you, sounds like yours was weird enough. Mine was. So I truly think you just had true unexplained experiences. GO WITH THAT. GOOD LUCK! Nothing ever tried to hurt me ever but if it does, I'll look for help for sure! You'd the same bro!
Jessbcr25 (5 stories) (10 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-06-14)
I relate to the cat part. I feel a cat lay across my feet here in our new home. The owners before us had a cat with kidney failure that crawled under the house to pass away... I swear I feel it but not much anymore. I 100% believe you hear these random noises and aren't from medication making you think you do. The only thing that made me think twice was the dripping noises but the others had me spooked!
Jordan_hunts_ghosts (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-26)
while it may seem like the medicine could be messing with you, the sounds couldn't be from the medicine.
There definitely is a ghost! 😨 😨 😨
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-04-10)
Hi nisubar,

I'm assuming since you've ruled out rodents, that you've also checked around outside the home for any signs of a break in, plant rubbing the house, etc? Are you near enough to your neighbors that they could be using sprinklers that might be hitting a tree or shrub, resulting in a water dripping sound on your house?

If the physical reasons can be ruled out, perhaps it's a bit of paranormal activity. I wear earplugs every night so that those types of sounds won't wake me up. If you are comfortable that there is nothing worrisome going on, a good pair of Flent ear plugs can be a huge relief.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (129 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-02)
I agree that one cannot blame meds. For everything like little irregularities. Especially if what happened is recent. If you've been experiencing that ever since you've been on the meds. 'that' may point a finger to them. However, it seems that these things only seem to occur in that one room.
Also, you may be sensitive to a presence there. Has anything like this ever-taken place with you before? Do you know if you're psychic? It's not something that you plan. Some are born with it, & some gain it later in life due to one cause or another.

I wish you the best!
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-04-01)
Hello nisubar, thanks for sharing your interesting story. That is quite a variety of noises you hear in that room for sure, I can imagine it's quite unnerving.

While medication can influence our perception of the events of our lives, if you've been taking these meds for some time and this experience is more of a recent thing, it's not likely they're linked. Of course you should always consult with your doctor to be sure. The fact that from your story, these noises only happen in that one room and at regular intervals should eliminate the possibility of it being the meds as well. The other thing is (and it may sound humorous but it's not meant as such) is that if you're questioning your sanity, then that's a good sign you're still sane. If you were crazy you probably wouldn't know it. You wouldn't have the skills to rationalize or reason with logic if that was the case, and clearly you still have these skills intact.

As an aside you'll find this site is full of stories from people from all walks of life and just like you, they too have questioned their sanity as well, when things happen outside the norm that science and in many cases religion report are impossible.

In your comment you mentioned that someone may have died in the home, that maybe your answer there, if you can research it and verify it. Perhaps the spare bedroom was 'his' room and may have been where he died. That would explain the occurrences and why they are confined to that area of the house. There are various cleansing/clearing rituals you could use (some are referenced on this site) to send this spirit into the light. Hope this helps and good luck!
nisubar (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-03-31)
Thanks for the reply. My girlfriend bought the house about a year and a half ago and there was only speculation that the reason it went up for sale is because the husband died here. We never got a solid answer but since all these things are going on it only makes sense.
I read somewhere that playing Bell sounds confuses a spirit. The once, closed door, dark and quiet room now gets a few blasts of bells during the day with the window and curtains wide open...
For those interested, I'll post what happens in the future but I'm back in good standing with my girlfriend for not snoring right now... 😜
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-03-30)
Hi nisubar

My mum is on tramadol and a whole range of other medications due to arthritis and diabetes. It's hard to say if the medication is causing you to experience whatever is happening, since you always wake up from those noises, maybe you should find out the history of the place then you can see from there whether it's supernatural or not.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: