You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Family Cemetary Ghost Face

Real Ghost Stories

Family Cemetary Ghost Face

 

My ghost story occurred a few days before Halloween of 2010 on October 26th, 2010, and my family and I decided that it would be fun to visit a local family cemetery that had looked to have been abandoned for a long time just to do a fun "ghost hunt" to get in the mood for Halloween. So we arrived at the cemetery during that night off Birdseye Hallow Road, a heavily wooded dirt road, and we were surprised how unkempt this cemetery was, with many of the gravestones just have fallen over over time, and at this point we knew that this would be fun.

So we started our "ghost hunt". This was a very relaxed ghost hunt because we were not at all expecting anything to happen; we were just looking for a creepy good ole time. We were just messing around, acting like we heard something or we got shoved by a ghost. We didn't bring much equipment for the hunt, just a video camera and a picture camera. We took our videos and pictures, reviewed pictures on the spot, and unfortunately we caught nothing at the time. Nothing at all caught our attention on this ghost hunt, but we did succeed on getting that "creepy" feel during Halloween time. After having our fun, we decided it was time to head home.

So a couple of days after this ghost hunt, I decided I would check out the pictures we took on the hunt, just to make sure that there was nothing in those pictures that was paranormal. But in two pictures, two things really caught my eye. In one picture, I can spot something that looks exactly like a face in this one tree that stands out from the leaves. At first, I looked to see if it was a leaf, but it is just way too big to be a leaf, and the colour of it was different from the other leafs. So I zoomed in on the picture, and I can clearly see all the features of a face such as the eyebrows, eyes, mouth, chin, and nose in the exact spot where they should be, and it is shaped like a face. I was shocked to see this, because it completely stood out to me as a face, and it is way too coincidental to be a leaf in my opinion. If you look in the picture with the tree all the way to the right, you can see this face in the lower right part of the tree, and the face is looking down. Hopefully you guys will be able to zoom in on the face to see all the features of a face, because it is surprising how much it looks like a face.

In another picture, I spotted something very strange about the picture which makes it very unique I believe. This may sound crazy, but I noticed that one of the small gravestones is actually see-through! I have no idea how this is possible, but I could clearly see that the grave stone is almost invisible, and I could see behind the gravestone and I could see the leaves behind it. I'm asking myself the same thing and you guys probably are, that "how is it possible that there is a gravestone ghost", but I have no idea, it is just there. It is unexplainable to me. Other than paranormal, the only thing I could think of is that maybe something in the camera flash made the gravestone turn out that way, but then you would think that all the gravestones would be that way, so I have no idea. You can see this gravestone in the picture all the way to the right the 2nd from the right. Again, hopefully you guys can zoom in on the gravestone to see it better, and you can definitely see the leaves behind the gravestone, it is just amazing and unique.

Family Cemetary Ghost Face 1
Family Cemetary Ghost Face 2
Family Cemetary Ghost Face 3
Family Cemetary Ghost Face 4
 

After seeing these two pictures, I showed them to my family to get their takes on them, and they agreed with me that they see the face and the see-through gravestone, and they had no real explanations for these pictures, and with them being skeptics, it was a real eye opener to them to see this. I'm hoping that someday I will find out for sure if these pictures show paranormal entities. So that is my ghost story and I hope you guys enjoyed, and these pictures are 100% real, and in no way faked.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hportallstar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HauntedGirl0413 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
The grave being see through could be a trick of the light or camera angle or something. I do see the face but that could just be an odd grouping of leaves or something. I actually see another face below and to the right of the first one. This one's black and the features look clearer
hportallstar (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Thanks for the possible explanations everyone. Still hoping that these pictures are paranormal, but the explanations make sense.

The face is in picture 2 and 3, both the same picture but picture 3 is zoomed in. The face is in the tree, and in picture 3 the face is right dead in the middle, and it appears red. The face is looking down, and you should be able to see all the features of a face from the eyes, mouth, chin, nose, everything. Unfortunately, the quality of the pictures are not as clear as on my computer and camera.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Hey your story is back! With photos this time! Where did my comment go? The void? 😕 bah. Well anyway, I do see the gravestone that looks see through (This picture did not come through my e-mail when you sent it before, thank you by the way). I think that was probably mold and moss like Moongrim said. Reason I say this, is because in the first photo, with the tombstones, at the bottom of the tombstone is a pinkish moss that appears to be growing near the base. This blends in quite well with the fallen leaves. My guess is the other tombstone has more of this covering it. It is a darker photo, so its hard to say.

If this was printed on film, its possible that the effect was caused when the photos were being exposed. Film can be a lot of fun to get neat effects with. Not saying you did it, but it could have been accidental. I used to work for Walgreens, and those machines that develop film aren't always perfect. If one film strip overlapped another, an effect like this could occur.

Sadly, I do not see a face anywhere. Which photo has the face in it?
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
The see through gravestone does look just like that on first glance. However, I studied the shape of the leaves and all that are "showing through" the gravestone and they don't seem to line up with the leaves and stuff in back of them, which makes me think that the patterns on the stone are what moongrim said - lichen mold growth patterns that camoflauge it. I might add that the patterns may jump out at you more in the photo than when you were there in person. Anyway, interesting photos!
hportallstar (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Thanks for the comments guys. If you can't make out the face, it looks reddish, looking down, and the face is narrow. I can see all the features of a face, but I'll agree that it could be a trick of the eye, but something tells me it is too coincidental.

Moravian, I understand what you are saying about respecting cemeteries and leaving it alone. I just want to say that my family and I gave complete respect while doing this hunt, and in no way disrespected the cemetery. We asked questions about messages they may want to send and how after life is. In no way do I believe we disrespected. But that is your opinion, nothing wrong with that, just making sure everyone knows that we were not disrespectful in our actions and motives for this hunt.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
I will give you it seems eerie, as for the "see through" gravestone, you can see leaves and stains on it just as the others I think it is more of a trick of the eye or angle of the camera. I don't see a face either but again it could just be me, I will say though be safe and happy hunting! You will find solid proof sometimes! ❤
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Wow, I see the see through grave, but I can't make out the face.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
In my opinion, ghost hunting in cemeteries is plain wrong. Some places need to be respected and left alone.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
No I'm afraid I don't see a transparent Gravestone. I see a grainy photo with a gravestone that has lichen mold growth patterns on it that appear to make it with a camoflauge effect to blend in with it's surroundings.

The third photo simply refuses to load on my computer, and no I don't see any faces in any of the photos of the other three.

Pareidolia

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Yep that gravestone is definitely see through. Whats in the tree I am a little unsure, it does not look like a face, but I would have to look more closely. I have noticed other things in the other two picture.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: