You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Angels And The Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Angels And The Shadow

 

My story begins when I was 16, young, dumb and sick, I guess you could say. At that point in my life I was starting down the wrong path. My father and I never got along, and as I got older it got worse. We had gotten into an fight, and I decided to commit suicide. I don't remember what kind of pills I took, but I know there was at least 25 of them in the bottle.

The fight had resulted in my father calling the cops, and me hiding. My parents home has 3 bedrooms, and my mother decided to hide me in the guess room. I was fairy tiny so she was able to cover my body with blankets, I was unnoticeable to the the nake eye. She turned the lights off, left the room and left the door slightly open. She did that so my father wouldn't suspect that I was still in the house. He seen me walk into the woods behind my home, but he didn't see when I returned.

As the pills started to kick in, I started drifting in and out of sleep. I remember waking up, and feeling like I was tied down to the bed. I tried screaming for my mom, but I couldn't. I tried getting up, but I couldn't move my body, it felt like I had a ton of weight sitting on me. I fought and fought, until I was able to pick my head up. There at the end of my bed was a full figure black shadow. It was paced back and forth at the end of the bed.

I wasn't scared of it, cause to me it looked like my grandfather who had passed 5 years earlier. It looked like it was smoking a cigarette as it paced back and forth. I dropped my head back down and looked up to the ceiling. I felt my heart struggling to beat, it had slowed down so much that I felt it would stop any moment. I was ready for death, and death was ready for me. Why else was the black shadow pacing at the end of my bed.

I fell back to sleep needless to say, but when I woke up it only got worse. Once again I couldn't move or couldn't speak. I laid there in amazement as to what over me. Above me I could see two beautiful angels flying over me, they were circling me. There was bright white glow around them, I couldn't believe my eyes. I forced my self once again to pick my head up, and yes the black shadow was still there. Except now he was just standing still looking at me. I tried screaming for my mom, but nothing came out. I tried getting up, but I couldn't. I don't know how I did it, but I was able to reach a tap lamp on the night stand. I struggled to get the light on, and when it finally came on everything disappeared.

I fell back to sleep once again, only to wake up in darkness again. My heart was beating very slowly, my body still felt strapped down to the bed, and there they were. My angel was still over me, and the black shadow figure was still at the end of my bed. The rest of the night continued like this. I made it through the night, the pills didn't do what I intended them to do. My mom had spent the night talking to my father, and he had calmed down.

I spent the next few days sleep off the pills. When I finally woke up, I was uncertain as to if what I had experience was a dream or if it really happened. I asked my mom if she ever checked on me that night, and she said yes she did several times through out the night. She told me everytime she went in the light was on, and she'd turn it off, cause she didn't want my father to notice the light on. That's when I realized I wasn't dreaming.

It freaked me out, and I told my mom what happened through out that night. I told her how I believed the black shadow was my grandfather. She basically told me that it probably was a demon in the form of my grandfather, and it was there to take me. She said the angels where there to fight for me cause it was my time to go. All I know is since that night I've had a lot of encounters with other worldly spirits. Its 9 years later and I'm still curious about what happened that night. If anyone feel they may know, I'm open to your explanation.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mzreis315, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
I had a near death and that you don't have to have flat lined. I had a drowning near death where I saw the white light, I had stopped treading water and holding my breath the water was coming in my nose and my mouth and I wasn't doing anything about it. When I saw the white light I was no longer aware of the water in my nose and mouth. I open my eyes and looked up and felt myself being brought out of the water very fast. The life guard on the shore said I was lucky to be alive no telling how long I was out there I was so far out I looked like a speck on the survice of the water. I believe that mz was close to death but it wasn't her time just like it wasn't mine and I believe there were angels present just like I believe it was an angel that day sent to pull me out from the sea and I also believe your grandfather was present for you. Always remember what happened to you because you were given a second chance at live please be thankful for it.
bhavyapattz (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
thanks for replying alikat... Now it helps to understand better... I am sory if offend you... I believe your saying truth dear and hope you and your family be safe and happy.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
alikat,
Thank you for returning. I don't blame you for being upset after what I said, and I want to apologize for those words now. I'm sorry for not believing your story. Now that I know more of what you had gone through in the past, I completely understand your feelings and reasons for what you attempted that day/night. I have my own experiences with a dad that thought closed fisted was the the only way to make contact with a child. And if you are interested, I'll tell you how I eventually avenged myself against that asshat. Just know that in my case it was sweet revenge long overdue. At least my jaw doesn't clench, and my fists don't ball up anymore when I speak about him, so that's a plus. But this isn't about me, so...
What I can offer is an opinion on the later incidents that occurred while you were in bed, either waking up or falling asleep. Those sound very much like 'sleep paralysis', or 'SP' for short. Google it and there is a wealth of information, much of it learned from sleep studies performed by professionals in the medical field. We get people writing in every week who have experienced it as well. I cannot say for sure one way or the other if they all can be attributed to SP, because each case is different, but if you look into it yourself, you may find the answer there. I will say, that from what I've read, a good rule of thumb in possibly avoiding it from reoccurring is not sleeping on your back. It isn't a fool proof cure, but I have read that most times it does occur, it is when a person is sleeping on their back. But, as I mentioned, you should look into it yourself. That way you can make your own assessment as to how, or if, ot applies to you at all.

Jav
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
mzreis315

I'm sorry you have issues with your father and I'm sure you are not alone. These types of issues can have a seriously detrimental affect on our psyche as obviously it has had on you.

I believe you did take the pills but probably have forgotten the amount. It was probably enough to affect you the way it did without causing more serious health problems.

I believe that the pills are probably the cause of your experience/hallucinations, and don't discount the possibility that you experienced an NDE, either. Are you still seeing a therapist/taking medication?

I believe the first thing you must do is to get help for your problems with your father. Easier said than done but if you can deal with your depression, then it will be easier to investigate any paranormal experiences.

Are you still on therapy? Check to see if your medication needs to be changed and ask to be tested for BPD. Your therapist will know what that is and it would explain your experience/hallucinations.

Wishing you well
alikat (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
ok sorry I lost my the email info I used to to set up this (mzreis315) account. I'm barely reading all the comments left, thank you for your opinion on when on that night. Ok since I wrote this story I found out the kind of pills I took that night. There where antidepressants celexa, I can't remember the mg amount. I was put in a phychiatric center a month or so before this incident took place. My father and my uncle had me commited cause I had locked myself in my month for a week or some after a going through a break up, and running away to New York. Anyway besides sleeping for a few days I didn't suffer any other side effects from taking so many of them. I didn't vomit or anything, just fell asleep a little while after taking them. As for the person that asked why my mom didn't get me medical attention. I honestly don't know. I think she was afraid that my father would have me committed (cause he did it before, hence me having antidepressants). I'm 25 now and I still don't get along with him. I see him almost everyday and we don't talk to eachother. It goes beyond being an arguement. My father was abusive in every form. Yes my father called the cops on me, later on after this night, he treated to bash my head in with a metal baseball bat, I was 21 then. I don't have to sit here and make up stories for those that don't believe me. I never tried to kill myself again after that night, and I never seen the angels again either. In 2006, I again experience being held down on my bed, unable to movc or speak. It happened during the day in a motel. I was asleep with my 3 month old son. There was no one else in the room with us. Then twice again in 2011, one night my husband and I got into a fight and slept in different rooms. I remember waking up feeling held down on the bed, I could see my husband across the hall in the other room and I tried screaming for him. I couldn't move and no sound was coming out of my mouth. After a while I fell back asleep, and woke up experience something else. I also notice that during my pregnancies the spiritual activity around tend to increase a great deal. Like the time I was awoken at 4am cause someone was calling my name in the house, and I was the only one in the house. Or when me and my husband stayed in a empty house we were fixing up to sell, and the next day I had marks on my back. That was the time in my life I was actually afraid of the spirits around me. I never thought of it as a near death experience, I just thought it was a battle for my soul. I have never seen my grandfather or anything reseming him again after that night. I have only dreamt him one time since his death in 1997. Once again thanks again for reading my story and commenting.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Hi mz:

Well, I am certainly glad that you are still here to tell your story. As far as the 25 pills, it could have been aspirin or something like that. But I do have a question about something that is bothering me; did your mom know that you had taken the pills because if she did, I don't know why she would try to hide you from your dad when instead you probably needed medical attention. No disrespect intended and I hope all is going fine for you now.

It is certainly conceivable that you had a near-death experience. It is also possible that the drugs you took caused you this hallucination. Hard to say because there are so many different factors that go into this. Have you ever experienced anything else paranormal?

Thanks, zeta.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Hi Mz. As far as I am concerned that was your grandfather pacing at the foot of your bed. He was like any expectant grandfather nervous only this time you were being born onto the other side. He was there to greet you if necessary.
Not all shadow people are bad. I am submitting my own story for you to read.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Hi Mz. Regarding your experience I truly believe that it was your grandfather. He was pacing back and forth like any expectant Grandfather, except that this time he was there in case he needed to greet you on the other side. As far as being a "shadow " person, I have my own experience to validate that not every shadow is evil. I will submit my story so as not to take up your page.
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Hey, yeh no problem, I was perhaps a little over dramatic there but if sh over dosed on pills, to the point of near death, she would have more symptoms then just coming in and out of consciousness. Depending on the pills, she would also, if it was near death, would have substained more permeant damage to her liver or kidney.
Over dozing on pills is not as easy as take pills, pass out and die. Your body would reject the pills, hence vomiting and other earlier symptoms would be present.
As said before she would have sustained some kind of permeant damage, if she was so close to dying because of it.

Best regards jade
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
BlakeBeatdown,

Not quite the point I was trying to make...

What you describe would be a 'close call' and may not cause an individual to experience anything other than a 'Holy Sh%%' I was nearly Shot!

While an individual who suffers a stroke, at home, has the whole 'see the light' vision and stuff... But then wakes up on the floor and calls for Help after individuals in the 'light' tell him it's not your time... Was more the 'effect' I was going for...

Respectfully,

Rook
BlakeBeatdown (1 stories) (10 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Agree with Rook. If somebody shoots at you and the bullet comes within an inch of your head that was near death IMO. Flat lining is dying near death is coming close to dying.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Hellhound,

Are you saying that Medical personal have to be involved for it to be a near death experience?

I think the KEY WORD in the whole experience is NEAR. It does not take 'flat lining' to be NEAR death... A 'flat line' indicates 'DEATH' nothing 'NEAR' about it. I am of the opinion that an individual can have a NEAR death experience witout haveing to be declared clinicly dead and brought back by EMS / Doctors or such.

Just my two cents...

Respectfully,

Rook
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Anneke8 for it to be a near death experience she would have had to have flatlinned, if she did almost die, and had no medical attention she would have died.
It's only in my opinion but it dosnt sound like a near death experience as she had not actually come near to death.

As said by a few, this sounds like a pill induced sleep paralsyis or hallucination.

Best regards,
Jade
BlakeBeatdown (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
My first thought was also sleep paralysis like others have said. I've only got to experience this once, and it's a terrible feeling. Now with the the things you saw. The mind is a very complex thing. If you have a bad life in reality, sometimes the mind takes you to this crazy fantasy place that let's you escape. But this can also go another direction. Say your life at home does suck, so you find an escape making up fantasy stories on the internet. If you're consciously overdosing on pills and you pay enough attention to know there were about 25, then you would also check the label. Oh, by the way suicide is bad for your health, I know it seems fun and all, but if done correctly it may result in death.
Naru_117 (19 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Id have to say it sounds more like side-effects of the medication you took than anything else. I have known several people who have failed suicide using pills that have had hallucinations. Also your inability to remember certain details could be an unconcious self-inflicted amnesia of a sorts though that is highly unlikely due to the other memories you have of that night. Just my opinion. Thank you for sharing this story.
bhavyapattz (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
what a father who call cops over an argument...!i think the experience you had could be sleep paralyse or halucination... 25 pills would have atleast some effect...!
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Anneke8 makes perfect sense, I think. This does sound like an NDE. But please, please, you sound like a nice person, Mzreis, please know there are people who want you to stay safe, Angels and otherwise.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
This is my point of view: I have read many books about near death experiences, and most of the time there is someone you know that passed away already, to take you to the next life. Perhaps it was your grandfather after all. And as far as the angels are concerned... There is always angels with us, we justs can not see them, perhaps at this point where you were so close to death, you realy saw them.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
This story certainly sounds plausible to me. MZReis mentions that she had never gotten along with her father and then things got worse. Sounds to me like the fight was the last straw. Yes, teenagers can try to commit suicide over an argument, whether with a parent or boyfriend/girlfriend. At age 16 judgment and reasoning isn't fully developed and teens often react wildly over situations that a more mature person would give some thought to. Can't comment on memory issues during suicide attempts as I don't have much experience with that.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
So true, 25 pills of anything would do something serious to you. Please find some help somewhere so this does not happen again. I'm betting you have a lot to live for. Please stay safe.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
You had an arguement with your dad that made you want to kill yourself? AN ARGUEMENT?! That's it?
Then you say you took as least 25 pills from a bottle of pills that you can no longer recall the name of? I'm sorry, but I'm not swallowing this story. I've spoken with people who've actually survived their oqn botched attempts at suicide. Each one of them knows precisely what it was they did almost the minute. Exactly what they took, by name, form, and strendth. The others that tried a different way to go out of this life can tell the particulars as well.
I may be totally wrong I'm ny assessment, but this entire account sounds like pure fantasy to me. And it makes light of those with real problems who've considered suicide as their only option. 😠

Jav
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
If it was your time, then the angels wouldn't have fought to keep you there.

I'd say your Mom was correct. I take it your Mom had no inkling that you'd taken pills? Or did you ever tell her that you had? Did you ever find out what kind of pills?

And I'm surprised that that many pills didn't drill holes in your stomach.
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Hey, interesting story, that would have been so scary:)
I hope everything is good with you and your father now:)
A natural explanation may be sleep paralysis, the hallucinations, the inability to move. The pills may have induced this and prolonged the experience.
Ever since then has anything been out of the ordinary? Or is everything normal.
Look into sleep paralysis I think you may find your experience will be similar to others who have experiences sleep paralysis:)
If you really feel it is supernatural, I'll do some research for you

The best of luck
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Medicine can let a person have illusion. Regardless what, it is not your time to go.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: