You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghosts Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Or Something Else?

 

I have had other experiences with ghosts and shadow people and such, and they didn't scare me. But these seem to. I remember something from not long ago. I was laying on my bed one night, and I saw something dart around the room. It just flew across the room in one swift moment and went through my wall. I then sat up and moved around a bit, to see if it was just my shadow. Nothing. It couldn't have been my shadow. I planned on just letting it go and not worry about it. No. I couldn't do it. I had the overwhelming feeling of being petrified and unsafe at the same time. I literally ran down the steps and had to catch my breath. I slept on the couch that night. Never had I felt so scared, except for when I was little and saw the other things from my other story. I was so scary.

After that things progressed. We saw shadows, I got touched and I swear something whispered into my ear once. We even have found scratches on my brother that were unexplained. (they were on his neck and arms, three scratches and looked like a cat scratched him, but we have no cat in the house.) I feel scared. I can't even sit with my back to the steps because I feel like something's behind me. I feel like I'm being watched all the time. I'm even scared of closing my eyes to go to sleep, because I feel like something is watching me. I especially think something is in my room for the fact of my bathroom lights going on and off. I'll go to the bathroom and make sure they are off, and five minutes later the lights turn on. It's just scary.

Is it just normal ghosts, or something else? I don't know.

Other hauntings by zapamay

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zapamay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jbob13 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
I really have no idea what it is but the scratches it's probably a demon thanks for the story 😕
zapamay (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-17)
Hi everyone. I told all of you I would keep you updated.

My brother just told me last night he had a dream of a demon chasing our family. He said it had big nails and it was really scary (his words). He would not sleep by himself and still won't ever since then. I don't know if this is what that is, I hope not. That night he was talking about it and I felt as if it might get mad because we are talking about this... I also felt like something was watching us. I just wanted to tell all of you that, because maybe you know something about this...
zapamay (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
[at] Mannerizms I don't see anyone named dusty on here... But anyways, I know for a fact that it isn't. I have had other things happen to me since I was really little. So has my mom. Thank you for your comment though!
From, zapamay ❤
zapamay (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
[at] Mannerizms Exactly. I do not want to show fear at all, or let it take any more energy. I do not want to demand right away though, because it might just make it even more angry. Thank you!

From, zapamay ❤
zapamay (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
[at] Hellhound You are right. I will try to communicate. I DO NOT want to make it worse. That would be horrible. Thanks again!

From, zapamay ❤
zapamay (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
[at] rookdygin I will make sure it is not the wiring. This has not been a problem before though. And when lights go off because of wiring, they like flicker first (or at least from my experience) and then go off. These just go off without flickering. Thank you! I will check and keep you guys updated.

From, zapamay ❤
zapamay (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
[at] flea20010 Aww... I'm sorry. If your dog is afraid it probably most likely is something. Try to talk to it and also try not to show fear, as that is probably what it wants. Good Luck and be safe!

From, zapamay ❤
zapamay (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
[at] BlakeBeatdown Wow... That is crazy. I have never tried to get audio, but I once tried to get video and nothing showed up. I will try to contact it by just talking, as I do not like to use boards because it could let something bad in. Thank you!

From, zapamay ❤
zapamay (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
[at] Hellhound Sometimes I do pray, but not always. I will try to communicate as I had other 'shadow figures' in my room and I talked to them and they went away. I will try some of your suggestions 😁 Thank you for your comment!

From, zapamay ❤
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
I agree with Dusty, you're 14, could just be hormones with an overactive imagination...
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Sounds like a poltergeist to me, I would smudge the house, or demand that it leaves. Personally I would demand it leaves first so it can see that you are not scared, it may lose interest, but as long as you show fear it can keep using the energy from your fear or negativity in the house against everyone in there. If standing up doesn't work just do a standard house cleansing. Hopefully these can help!

Be safe! ❤
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Physical occurrence means spirts with more power. If I'ts the case, of course.

I suggest to contact professionnals, like priest or mediums!
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
They feel this thing can and wants to hurt them, the scratches on the brothers back and legs.
If this thing is dangerous, why mess with it and make a bad situation worst? When they could just get rid of the problem and not have to deal with this entity anymore.
I don't hate spirit communication but you need to chose wisely if the current situation would get better with communication or worst.
😊
BlakeBeatdown (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Hellhound-At this stage she needs to confront it and either ask it to stop or understand it. If that doesn't work then obviously a professional should be consulted.
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Blakebeatdown, I am not sure if it's wise for them to try to communicate with this being, I will assume they are not a qualified medium or psychic. A lot of times when people try to communicate with the spirit they open a door, which based on what has been said about this spirit, wouldn't be a good idea.
It could make things wors, I'm open to communicating with spirits but it often makes the most normal haunting worst and seeing that this entity is already physically abusive, definitely not a good idea.

Best regards,
Jade
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Everyone so far has offered great suggestions if this is actually a paranormal event... We have to rememeber that everything 'Natural / Normal' must be eliminated before the paranormal can be considered.

High EMF (Electromagnetic Fields have been found to cause most of the events you have described...Please, if able, check for these and have someone check the wiring for the bathroom light to ensure that everything is properly wired and safe.

Thank you for sharing this with us. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
BlakeBeatdown (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
A lot of people say dogs are very sensitive to paranormal (I hate overused words). You already know it's there, so let it know you know it's there. Communicate with it. Try to help it.
flea20010 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
The same thing is happening to me. I'm scard to go to sleep and right now sitting on the couch. I herd a big bang a miute ago. My dog is terrified to. 😢
BlakeBeatdown (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
I have a friend with similar experiences. She had a 4 year old boy. Things got gradually worse for her over time. One night she called me telling me the boys "Tickle me Elmo" toy kept making inaudible noises. (I'm sort of the go to person on this because of experiences I have had). SO I came over and agreed to stay and look into it. As I said, they kept getting worse. We would hear pounding on walls and floors. I tried to contact it without use of modern day tools. I never got any audio feedback from it, but I think it contacted me in other ways. My belief is it showed me its emotions to help me understand. When I would try and single it out I would get overwhelming feelings of anger, rage, and jealousy. I decided maybe it had lost an offspring in its human form and envied her. I told her to offer to share the boy, to let him try and spend time with it. Now this has only been about 4 months ago, but she has said things have calmed down. She says the boy will "play with what seems like another person." I think maybe whatever you have envies you possibly. Because most of the time if somethings remains on earth after passing it needs closure. Try to contact it, and pay close attention to your emotions.
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Hey, interesting story although it would be scary.
If you feel threatened as you have said, the best thing to do would be work at keeping rid of it.
Tell it to go away, use incense and smudge.
Prey according to your religion and put a circle of rock salt around your house. Bless your house and cleanse it:)

I don't recommend trying to communicate with it, as it may be tempting, just try and get rid of it:)
Looking forward to hearing from you
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Could be a "normal" ghostie.

But you can try the following to help in protection:

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: