You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Flushing Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Flushing Ghost?

 

I work for a Security Company and the site I work at creates and ships educational materials. This Company is very 'Green Focused' (will make sense later in this experience). I had heard stories from other Security Officers (S/O's) that had worked there concerning the strange sounds heard during the 3 shift (2300 (11pm) to 0700 (7am)). These ranged from footsteps following the S/O, footsteps on the metal roof, the feeling of being watched/not alone in certian parts of the building and even phantom whistling were the most commonly reported ones.

I have worked this site now for 6 months, and while it is kind of creepy I have been able to debunk all but one recurring event. First I will describe the buildings that I patrol...

They are both Large Warehouse style buildings with Metal Roofs. The one that contains the Security office is 3 stories tall and most of it is actual 'open' Warehouse/Manufacturing spaces. The South end of the Building contains the Main Offices and some computer work stations, all of which are on the Ground floor (there are no second or thrid floor areas, just wasted space). The Second building is only 2 stories tall, it contains a small warehouse area in the center with offices and computer work stations on either side of that warehouse area, and like the first building everything is on the ground floor.

The Reports:

1st: Footsteps following individual Guards.

Debunk: Either echos that the Guard mistook for footsteps or one of the small crew of individuals that works third shift walking unseen in another part of the 'open area'.

2nd: Footsteps on the Metal Roof.

Debunk: The metal roof contracting as it cooled off from the heat of the day. As it 'settled' the noises did sound like footsteps at times.

3rd: Being Watched / Not Alone Feeling.

Debunk: It only seems to happen around the computer server rooms, the Electric Relay Boxes or the battery charging stations for the wearhouse equpiment. Can you say high EMF? (Electromagnetic Fields) I knew you could...

4th: Phatom Whistling.

Debunk: I have to admit the first time I heard the 'whistle' and for quite a long while I couldn't quite figure this one out. Then one night while tracking down an odd vibration in the vent system the Fans for another part of the building started and the 'belt drive' whistled as it slipped.

The only one I can not debunk is the strangest of all and it involves the Ladies Restroom near our Security Office. We can not see people enter the restrooms but as one walks past or while in the Mens Room you can hear one of the stalls in the Ladies Room flush. (Go on Laugh, you know you want to...) The First time this happened I stopped to see who was in the restroom, as the 3rd shift personal work in an area where they have access to a different set of restrooms in their break area. After a few minutes no one came out.

So I knocked on the door and asked if whoever was inside was ok. After receiving no reply I entered and checked the restroom, no one was in it. I shrugged it off... Not a big deal, maybe I heard something. Two nights later during a different Patrol the same thing happened... This time I reported it as I thought that the batteries in the 'auto' flush valves may be dieing or malfunctioning. Maintenance checked them but all seemed well. Long story short, one of the Toilets continues to Flush, on it's own for no apparent reason. Maintenance went so far as to place 'flow meters' on each Toliet to determine which one was flushing.

The results of the 'Flow Meter' showed that stall number 3 was the 'active' stall. No one could figure out why. I asked my Supervisor if anyone had 'passed away' in this particular bathroom. Now my 'Captian' has been on this site for many, many years and the only real incident he could recall was that of an older female employee that had had a heart attack in that rest room, she had arrived at work that morning, gone in to use the facilities and gone into cardiac arrest... But she was rescued by EMS who took her to the Hospital, she did pass... Due to heart failure... At home...2.5 years after her first Heart Attack, which is the one she suffered at work.

So there you have it... The strange experience of the 'Flushing Ghost'. Still do not know 'who or why' this is happening, but I will keep trying to help this individual.

Respectfully,

Rook

Other hauntings by rookdygin

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rookdygin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-30)
RedWolf - you misunderstood πŸ˜‰ I meant no more new movies published on site πŸ˜† The chances of 1 or 2 believable stories amongst the onslaught of ridiculous, but completely 100% true because they certainly wouldn't make stuff like that up, will be slim to almost none LOL
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-30)
Miracles
No more stoiries until school starts back? Ha ha you are funny. Really there are going to be so many stories from bored teens writing stories ranging from their O.B. Experiences to what they have seen walking through cemeteries at night. You may even get a few U.F.O. Stories in the mix. You and the other mods are going to have a B.S. Detector each to get printable stories. Or just throw out the stories that start or end with this really happened,it's the truth, and my favorite (not) my story is 100% true or any other telltale signs that a bored kid wrote something just for gits and shiggles. Anyway enjoy your summer.
Regards
Red
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-30)
Man were not even through the first full day of summer vacation and by the pricking of my thumbs something wicked this way comes.

Why do people think they can do things like that... Kudos to the other site for 'clipping' those stories so quickly.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-29)
It means there may not be any new stories until school starts back πŸ˜†
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-29)
My experience... My Interuption...

I just realized that my 16 year old is out of school for the summer, FOR THE SUMMER... How many members here on YGS know what that means? It means...

And dreadful stories so familiar,
That members shall but smile when they behold
Their advice quartered with the hands of war,
All pity choked with custom of fell falsehoods,
And YGS's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by thier side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war,
That theses foul submissions shall smell above the earth With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Sorry could not help myself...LaLaLaLa!

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-21)
Nectarvore,

(Hope I spelled that right... Thought I'd bring this to one of my experiences to finish this chat)

Point taken... There are at times it seems like the angry mob mentality has taken over... Sometimes many people are simply agreeing with what I stated because I said it first. A few times it's because I have said something they wanted to say but were not sure how to say it and every once in awhile The BUS just has to run rough shod over an obvious piece of fiction.

Do some of the O/P's feel overwhelmed or intimidated by the 'reaction' caused by what they have related? I'm sure they do... But I too was once new here, I had to face some very tough questions about some of my Experiences and or offers of advice/help, It comes from being a member of an open discussion forum like YGS is. The key word is OPEN... OPEN forum, OPEN discussion, OPEN MIND. Some of the O/P's DON't want to hear that there may be a non paranormal explanation so they responded as if they are being picked on or they do not respond at all. I am sure none of the members here wish to 'gang up on' or 'chase new members away' by 'picking' on their experiences and/or advice... But at the same time if that advice is questionable we will do just that, QUESTION it... And if that seems like a gang mentality, well I offer my apologies, that is not my intention.

Thanks for taking the time to read everything that you have and while this may be a WEE bit late, Welcome to YGS.

Respectfully,

Rook
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Cool account. So, crickets have been scaring people to think that there are ghosts in the washroom?!?!? That's so funny! Thanks for the good laugh. πŸ˜†
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
LakotaWinyan,

Thank you for taking the time to read this experience of mine. I can assure you that everything had been checked for. The original 'flushing' had been happening in the empty Ladies room but the evening I 'caught' the culprit it happened in the men's room, which is well lit and with the A/C being secured 'overnight' in a effort for this company to save on energy bills there was no breeze. I checked the stall and saw 'a little old cricket bug' crawling near the sensor (They are really bad here in Austin Texas).

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
LakotaWinyan: I feel I have to tell the mystery has been solved LOL... He found crickets going across the sensor πŸ˜†...It's in the comments thread, however that particular comment is on another page... If you go to the bottom of the comments, you'll see where it says "read previous comments"...Just click that and you'll be able to find it in there somewhere 😊
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
Has anyone checked against the lighting vs the door shadow in the stall? If a light were to flicker, it would maybe cause the sensor to think someone sat on the toilet, then got off? What about the door shadow? Could maybe anything, such as a draft or uneven angling of the stall door cause it to move enough, just enough, to confuse the sensor? If all of that has been proven to not be a cause... Then perhaps you just have a bored entity flushing the toilet for amusement. Lol.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Yes Rook, We need some troll spray for those immature twits who strike down people who are apologizing your not wrong there mate and as for those trolls who used multiple accounts to feather themselves up and others down are dead set losers and twisted... Lets just hope for their sake their not talking to themselves in the process πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Alright, it's settled then, Serious Fac... I mean names... Serious Names it is.

Respectfully,

Rook

LNTP
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Oh no. The Miss Demeanor is the only place for those, they are the party bus. We are the Late Night Troll Patrol. That's serious business. Serious business calls for serious names... πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Like the names we use now are so seriousII Ahahahahah!

Jav

LNTP
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Good Early Afternoon to you shellzy, glad we could put a smile on your face.

Respectfully,

Rook

LNTP
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Sorry I gotta jump in I.'m laughing pretty hard here! I was trying to say 'troll patrol' 1o times over really fast, yeesh not as easy as it seems πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Jav,

Uh, Jav Uh... Identity Crisis... Just who should be members... Those of us posting now...Jav, Rook and Darkness (and others) or should it be 'Puff' and the Gang on the Miss Demeanor?

Confused,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Yeah DARKNESS,
Who else knows how to pick out the "D***che Bags Galore" better than you?
You ARE LNTP!

Jav 😁

Troll Patrol Troll Patrol Troll Patrol Troll Patrol Troll Patrol... It is funny! πŸ˜†
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
DARKNESS,

I believe the server for YGS is based in the USA which means you can join, I'll send over the application... Just fill out all 600 pages in triplicate and we will 'call you'.

Just Kidding...You've helped us enough with it in the past I think you qualify.

Respectfully,

Rook

LNTP
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Hey, say 'Troll Patrol' 5 times really fast. That stuff sounds funny.

JS aka Brandon
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Jav and Rook, yeh but its early arvo here I could never be part of the late night troll patrol but I'm trying to cover the southern hemisphere with Daz as good as we can! Lol
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
'Late Night Troll Patrol'... It has a nice ring to it. Yeah... I like it.

Nice one.

Now if I can just come up with a theme song... I haven't posted any prose lately so this is going to be fun.

Jav πŸ˜‰
LNTP
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Funny you should mention that people use them to 'validate' themselves... The 'rankings of a poster' are based on the number of posts, not the Karma Points...

I don't like the Karma Points but I do admit that they make it easier to agree with someone without having to write out the same thing they have said... If I disagree, well anyone who frequents the site knows I'm not shy (and neither or you Jav πŸ˜‰) about voicing my opinion or 'calling out' a TROLL.

The fact that you can only vote... 5 times for a single individual I believe... Before having to vote for other people... Has helped some but again, people use 'friends' or multiple accounts to really Trash some individuals or 'Play Up' others, or their own comments.

I'm sure I've received some 'undeserved' 'vote ups' whenever the Miss Demeanor is 'Broke out'. We have much fun on the 'Trolly Bopper Bus' but here, late at night, when the MODS are sleeping someone has to keep them in check and we need to, as you put it, watch each others backs as we do so.

Respectfully,

Rook (Proud Member of the Late Night Troll Patrol [LNTP])
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
On second thought, I'm putting the soap box away. I've already dug a deep enough hole for myself, no use getting anyone else involved. I take my own licks, that's just the way I am. I don't need to be dragging any innocents down with me. So let's just leave it at that, and go on our way, okay?

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Rook,
Thank you for that, by the way. It is nice to have someone watch my back here and there, but just don't let them get to you. This stuff can turn into a forever game for some people, it makes them feel like they have power. They put so much stock into those points for themselves, makes them believe they are more respected than others. They point to their totals as if that's some sort of proof that they are more important, that what they say matters above all others. Which would be the case if they came by them like the rest of us peasants, one at a time. But it's obvious to anyone who has been on the receiving end of the crap storm, that it isn't the same. You can't keep padding the accounts of the same people all the time without it getting noticed. The regular folks know what's up, they are not fools. But they also know what happens if they open their mouths about it. So it's up to us to stand up for them too.

Jav

Soap box left out for the next speaker...
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
Rook: Yeah, that is very tue. I'm glad you said something, because Jav shouldn't have been voted down. She was very sincere through the whole comment. I know she may want us to drop it, but that is bogus actions. Karma points are so overrated anyways.

JS aka Brandon
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-20)
J/S,

(I'm bringing this to one of my experiences so as to not detract from the answers/comments the O/P may receive over there.)

It wouldn't matter, and actually it may encourage people to create multiple accounts just so they could 'vote' people down over and over.

We have a big enough problem with individuals who have multiple accounts... They sign on as one, make a comment, sign off, sign back on as another individual and 'attack' anyone who has made a negative comment to theirs or, if an 'experience' is concerned, they attack anyone who tosses the BS flag...

In this case I just felt I had to say something.

Respectfully,

Rook
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Thanks Rook πŸ˜‰
I tried that but still can't get it to work. I'll keep trying
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
ngute80,

Top right, under your log in name... Pick 'Account' then pick 'Edit Profile'. There is a place to 'add your picture' as you make changes.

I hope that helps.

Respectfully,

Rook
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Rook or Jav- (or anyone else), Totally off subject... But I have a question. How do I upload a pic to my profile? For the life of me I can't figure it out lol.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
Jav,

You tossed one I just wanted to make sure one was seen so I tossed another one.

Bbrave,

I understand why you mentioned it... You were making a point... It just kept going and going... Hence Jav and I both tossing the red flag... As your choice of topic to make your point became a topic in and of itself.

Having said all that I tend to 'ride the bus' that the burden of proof lies with the person presenting the evidence. If the presenter can demonstrate they have 'ruled out' any 'natural causes' then the paranormal can be considered. I just can not take someones 'word' that a picture of an 'orb' or misty figure is proof of the paranormal... There are to many normal things that may be misinterpreted as a 'ghost / spirit' to someone eager to capture something paranormal on film or even a voice recording.

Respectfully,

Rook

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: