You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Tarot Learning

Real Ghost Stories

Tarot Learning

 

This is more than just my 'learning' experience with a deck of Tarot Cards... I hope it doesn't come off as 'Preachy' but I give a heads up here at the beginning... I quote Scripture in this one to back up some of my points.

And away we go...

I received a gift the Summer of 1986... It was a deck of Tarot Cards. (Tavaglione Tarot, The Stairs of Gold...http://www.learntarot.com/tgdesc.htm) It had been blessed by the Owner of the Metaphysical Shop where it had been purchased and was the 'star' of my Experience titled What Happened With My Tarot Cards?

Before this Deck took its leave of me I was doing some practice readings, using just the Major Arcana, and as I was doing them I got an idea... An idea inspired from Scripture... Matthew 7:7/8 7) Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8) For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

I couldn't get those words out of my head. So I said a prayer and as I shuffled through the Major Arcana Cards in my hand I asked this question. 'What can you teach me?' The final answer I received was the Major Arcana card 'The World'.

This was the beginning of an interesting period in developing my 'skills' and I learned quite a bit by asking my cards. Anything from standard 'format' questions and answers to Candle Placement for Rituals (of which, when conducted, I used Scripture for. The Book of Pslams mostly. Please see this book for examples: Practical Candle burning Rituals: Spells and Rituals for Every Purpose (Llewellyn's Practical Magick Series) By Raymond Buckland.)

I asked and I received much from that deck in the nearly two years I had it. It even guided me in more than one 'banishment'.

Having shared this here I feel I must add (and many will not believe) I have never turned my back on Heavenly Father or His Son. There was a time however I walked away from all organized Churches. Let's just say I enjoy having a mind of my own and I am quite able to make it up for myself, I do not need someone to tell me what something means and by having the Holy Ghost in my Life I find I am able to discern right from wrong; all it takes is a bit of Prayer. I have chosen my 'tools' and use them to the best of my ability in His Name...

John 14: 12-17 speaks of this... 12) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13) And whatever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14) If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 15) If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. Those verses speak of the Holy Spirit and what Christ and Heavenly Father will do, through an individual, if you but believe in them...

Respectfully,

Rook

Other hauntings by rookdygin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rookdygin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
First of all, reading this story only makes my interest in Tarot Card grow. I want to take a look in this more. Do you have any suggestions where I can begin for a person like me, who is considered a beginner?

As for you comment in the second last paragraph about leave the church but still believing in your faith. There is nothing wrong with that. I have had many fights with my mother because I wouldn't go to the temple unless I really have to / want to. I told my mother that I don't have to go to a place with idols to truly believe in what I believe. And if I wanted to go to the temple, I should do it in peace and not when people are trying to push you over (you should see the crowds in the temples during the holy times). Also, all of the scriptures told by the priests are in Sanskrit (like Latin). Which many people don't understand, so even if the priest says something wrong, we don't know. I recently found a temple where the priest not only say the verses in Sanskrit, they explain it in Tamil and if asked, they will teach you the verse in both Tamil and Sanskrit.
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
[at] Indigo - Because it is still a deck of cards and I am sure you could generate statistics based on the likely-hood or frequency of the aappearance of cards.

I take more stock in the ability of a Ouija Board because of the idea that a spiritual presence is directly manipulating the planchette.

I believe spirits still have to follow the rules of the general universe, being dead or not and that also applies to most general theories of physics. So unless something was able to directly change the outcome of the cards being shuffled or somehow conjures the cards then the very act of shuffling and drawing cards adds a element of random probability I do not like or agree with.

Like I have said several times before, the game is based on personal observation, the person having their fortune read filling in the blanks as they wish and making the connections themselves. A fortune cookie of the paranormal world.

And that is why I have said what I did. If it works for you, great, whatever, but I will never take stock in the idea of a deck of cards telling me my future or communicating with the spirit realm.
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Jarman, may I interject something at this point in the tarot conversation?
I'd like to state that the cards, if used properly, VERY often are NOT random. Many times they can be read three separate times for a subject, and the same cards come up. This is no longer 'random' if you understand statistics, and I'm sure you do.

I can't understand why you'd put any stock in a ouija, which is totally random, and not something that isn't random.

Tarot, like ouija, is merely a TOOL. You can get a simple yes or no answer by a coin flip, a computer game, any RANDOM thing. The cards just show a more in depth answer than yes or no.

The cards basically show the outcome of a question as the situation is 'currently'. As the situation changes the cards will also change. Any good reader will note when the cards are too random and either use a different deck, recharge and reshuffle or have the subject ask the question differently. The reader also should leave the interpretation to the subject. We simply explain to them what the cards mean.

It doesn't matter what 'tool' is used, if it suits you, such as a ouija, then that's fine. If it's a buffalo chip flipped into the air, that's fine also, as long as you're confident in the results.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
DA,

I have half a hole in me pocket... If you have the other half we can put them together and make a whole hole and drop them through that. 😉

Respectfully,

Rook
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
JarMan - I am not sure if you addressed me at all in your reply or not... It seemed a "to all" kind of thing, with the exception of the part you made clear was toward Jav. Were you offended by my reply to your take on tarot cards? It was not an attack, just a reply to your opinion with mine. I have no hard feelings against you or anything.

Rook - Oh how I giggled at that! I think that is what I shall call YGS trolls from here on out! And together, we will run them out and save Pepperland once again...😉
JarMan (guest)
+7
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
[at] Javelina -- You aren't doing anyone any favors by trying to pick out fights with people, which is what you are clearly doing when you are picking apart sentences like that when you clearly knew what I meant.

I asked if he meant empathetic in the most literal definition, because some psychics will use the term empathetic in a much broader definition and I was interested to know what he meant by it.

And I'll address another thing even before you comment on it - commenting on a person's story with your own personal views or faiths isn't trolling or picking a fight. If they didn't want comments on these stories, then there'd be no comment box.

But there is a clear line between commenting on a story and another user simply arguing for argument's sake. Rook is one of the more respectable and responsible members on the site and since he did not respond to my comment in aggression I am sure he knew my comment was in no way an attempt to discredit him or attack him.

In the future, why don't you try to keep your comments based on the story, or at least in the general direction, it'd save us all time and hassle.
JarMan (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
[at] Javelina -- You take things too literal and that's your fault. I don't believe in the power people seem to claim behind tarot cards. I feel they are nothing more then randomized coincidence. The cards themselves is what I have an issue with, because it is largely based on personal interpretation, they can be as accurate or as inaccurate as the person.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
DA,

Are those Meanies, um... Blue by any chance?

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
DA,

Thanks for that. If it was left at posting an opposing opinion, I could walk away as EVERYONE is entitled to there own. However, being personal attacks I felt (feel) that I had to address the comments.

I apologize to everyone here on site, if this has distracted from the purpose that the site was created for. Let's hope it's behind us.

Respectfully,

Rook
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
D.A. Well you're one of the most understandable posters here in my opinion. I know what you mean though. I sometimes don't even attempt to post because I don't want it to be taken the wrong way. 😕
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Thank you PiP! 😊 I am glad someone understood me... These days I do not even understand me.
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Lol! I know what you meant, D.A. But I enjoyed that explanation nonetheless! 😆 ❤ ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
And whoops! I meant JarMan, not HazMan... Dang all you Mans around here. Wait, mans? Men? Mens? Maens? Means? Meanies?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
[at] JarMan,
I can understand your frustration at the topic of Tarot card reading because of the experience with your ex-girlfriend. However, I've asked that same question of others when they preface their statements with the words "I don't believe in...". Because of the way it is stated, it sounds like you're saying you don't believe they exist, if you want to get literal about it. And since you are the one who used the word 'literal' in you original comment, I was holding you to it. It's actually something I'd expect you to say to someone else had they used the same wording. Irony? Nope. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Jav 😉
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Hi all, I would like to share my thoughts on this to whomever is willing to listen...

HazMan, I believe that you reject and dislike tarot cards for the same reason a mother might hate guns because one of her children's best friends was shot to death. You see someone you love suffer because of a tool or instrument, and you come to hate the instrument rather than hold the person who used it responsible. That is a bit of an extreme example, but it is the same basic idea. Tarot cards were not responsible for that death no more than your ex was responsible for not knowing it would happen based on the reading. This leads me to my next point...

From my uses with tarot cards, the personal belief I have established is that they are simply a tool to help illuminate truths that we either do not see or choose not to see. We ask questions, and we seek answers to things that may seem petty but have an effect on our individual lives and the lives of others. I do not think that they are a tool for fortunetelling. I do not believe in fortunetelling at all, myself. If there was such a thing, fortunetellers, tarot readers and psychics all over the world would be filthy rich with lottery winnings. I believe that they are tool which we can use to help us SEE the truth of things, to see the answers that deep down, we know within ourselves, but maybe cannot reach for one reason or another.

That is just my interpretation... As for the whole Moongrim vs. Rook thing, it is getting old but I can understand both perspectives and gods know I've had my share of spats on here, so I respect your rights to let it run its course. Rook, I do not think that you are a "charlatan", but I can understand some of Moongrim's perspectives on the contraversial meshing of divination and Christianity. From someone on the outside who does not understand your personal spiritual journey and the conclusions that you have come to, this may all seem very hypocritical. Unfortunately I believe Moongrim is also on the attack because there ARE a great deal of "hypoChristians", as I jestingly call them, who use the bible as an excuse for the things they do. Things that are expressly prohibited in the bible, by these people, are either overlooked or completely ignored.

On the other hand, Moongrim, whereas I understand your POV, launching an assault on someone's character as you have is probably not the way to understand them better. I am pretty sure I know why you feel the way you do (or if I am off, please feel free to explain it if you wish) but try to take a moment to see things with an open-minded perspective. I do not agree with Rook's beliefs, personally, but I do not find him offensive. I do not believe him to be attempting to scam people for money or convert anyone to his belief system. I think he truly wishes to help people, and agree or disagree with his beliefs as you may, I believe it to be a far more noble cause than to consistently bash people on a public forum just for the satisfaction of doing it.
JarMan (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
[at] Javelina - No because some people take Tarot Cards quite serious and literal. A good example is my girlfriend.

On the Death card, like I said, Tarot Cards are based on personal observation. The Death Card is a card of endings and changes. Which could mean anything, but in some cases can also mean a literal death.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Thanks for elaborating Rook. I use Tarot cards for what I consider insight into my own psyche & since I find them to be a fascinating tool with an interesting history I am always interested to hear about the experiences of others. It is a shame that some people are upset by it, but I suppose everybody has their hot buttons. For some this seems to be "occult objects" and I suspect that for others it is you personally.
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Just wanted to elaborate a little bit because I don't want anything to be taken the wrong way in terms of what I said. I know no one said the death card meant literal death- only in the comment below how the poster's ex felt guilty based on the situation. I just thought I would spread my knowlegde on the subject since I know it can be misconstrued. The person that told me the death card didn't mean literal death was training to be a healer. She told me things about my past that she could have never guessed based on my appearance/mannerisms, and knew that I had depression even though I was a master at hiding it from everyone. Also, she told me stuff about the future that I tried hard not to believe- but it came true. That is why I claimed it was a reliable source. Anyway, I am glad Rook made this clarification. I did not intend to be offensive or sound like a know-it-all. Sorry about that.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
PrettyInPain,

Happy to help. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Indigo (263 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Ok. I'm just going to come right out and ask... What the heck is up with the rook bashing? I don't get it. Did I miss the memo or something? I've read MASSIVE quantities of posts and STILL don't get it! I'm not lacking in IQ points, I don't think...? And ermmmm, before slamming out an answer with a biblical quote in it, please refrain... If it doesn't say BLACK ELK at the bottom you wouldn't phase me anyway. But SOMEBODY PLEASE tell me wth!
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Thanks rook. I received a very accurate reading once, and I got the death card. I also get the death card every single time someone does a reading for me. Anyway, I have been informed by reliable people that the death card was not death, but death does fall under that category so thanks for pointing that out. 😊 I simply never thought of it that way.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
PrettyInPain,

No wolves here... The DEATH card represents change... Sometimes sudden and violent change but CHANGE none the less. It can mean literal 'death' but that is a 'change' is it not?

Respectfully,

Rook
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Was going to post about that death card and the biblical quote... Have decided against it, and I chalk thetwo posts that I was going to question up to "too much red meat and not enough fiber in the diets". And that's all I have to say about that except for "gentlemen~~~ your testosterone is staring to show!"
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
JarMan,

The cards reveal only one possibility among many. They 'point' to the most likely outcome based on 'everything in play' at the time the question is asked. The same question can be asked by the same person ten minutes later and a different answer received. This is because the previous answer gave new 'inputs' for the questionnaire to think about thereby changing the variables.

As far as my being and Empath goes...

Empathic: 1) Understanding of another's feelings: the ability to identify with and understand somebody else's feelings or difficulties. 2) Attribution of feelings to an object: the transfer of somebody's own feelings and emotions to an object such as a painting.

Number two doesn't really apply... I not only am able to identify with and understand somebodies else's feelings. I 'pick up' on others emotions and 'make them' my own... I've also learned how to shield myself from them.

This link may help as I do not feel I can fully explain it myself.

Http://healing.about.com/cs/empathic/a/uc_empathtraits.htm

So there you go, I'm an Empathic, Tarot Card using Christian... It works for me.

Respectfully,

Rook
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
The death card is not symbolic of literal death. I'm probably throwing myself to the wolves by saying that. I'm just trying to stop the spread of misinformation.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
[at] Jarman,
In the spirit of being literal, you stated that you don't believe in Tarot cards. Is that the same as not believing in Santa Claus or the Boogeyman?
Just sayin'.

Jav
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
I don't really approve or even believe in tarot cards. I feel like they just build on coincidence and are nothing more then a box of cards equivalent of fortune cookies.

An Ouija Board is one thing since it is being manipulated by energy, but with a deck of cards, how are you supposed to know if it was nothing more then the draw of the card? The result seems terribly random and unreliable to me. Obviously tarot cards are nothing more than personal interpretation.

A (ex) girlfriend of mine in Oklahoma was doing a reading for a friend when she drew the death card. She just chose to ignore it and not say anything about it. 6 months later her friend died in a car accident and she blamed herself to no end. I was completely and utterly frustrated that she blamed herself because of a deck of cards.

I also seem to find it interesting that you said you were empathic. Do you mean that in the most literal sense of the definition or something more unusual? Several versions of the bible actually stated that people such as Psychic were an abomination of the lord and should be stoned to death.

In any event, best wishes.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Nysa,

This experience was to demonstrate one of the ways I have 'learned' some of the things I've learned. Or in your words... "if I understand properly that was just part of your process of coming to a greater understanding of your spiritual practice."

That is 'right on the mark'. Because of how I used them at that time in my life I came to understand a great many things.

My way may not be the 'best way'. I'm not suggesting it's the 'only way'. I merely meant to share how I came to understand some things concerning the Spiritual World and how my personal Spirituality was developed. I'm sorry that this seems to have distressed some. However my 'advice' is given with the best intentions and willingness to help in mind. That will never change. Thank you for asking.

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
I commend you on that last post Rook thoroughly well put words. Couldnt ask for something more clearer then that buddy! Nice effort! 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Moongrim,

You say you do not like Charlatans, well that gives us common ground for I dislike a fake and a fraud as much as the next person. I however do not understand where you have come to think this of me...

I am a Christian. I've never denied it.

I own and use a deck of Tarot Cards...I've shared a couple of experiences with them, this being one of them.

I am Empathic... Something I consider is a Gift from Heavenly Father.

I have reconciled these things with myself and feel that they 'work together' in order that I may help others.

So we disagree, Whatever, I'm not here seeking your approval, I am here to offer advice and aid to those who have questions about things that have happened to them that they do not understand.

You may not agree with my approach, fine by me, offer your own advice but please stop with the Personal Attacks and Name Calling.

You obviously feel that my beliefs and methods do not work and quite frankly I feel the same way about your 'cold iron' solution, but I do not run about attacking you concerning it. I simply offer my advice so that the O/P, of the experience of your choice, can decide for themselves what they want to do or how to approach the situation. Please note I do not call them 'stories' as I feel that denotes the possibility of them being 'fiction'. These are peoples EXPERIENCES and I merely offer advice and aid based on my Personal Experiences and Study of things of this type.

So, let's agree to disagree... You post your responses and I'll post mine, let the O/P and other members choose which ever they think is the best advice.

I do have a bit more to say, but I'll address that on my experience that this comment of yours seems to refer to...

"The man is another Peter Popoff. Someone who invented his 'holy land' experience, as a way of creating false credentials."

Please join me here... Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5020

For my response to that comment.

Respectfully,

Rook

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: