You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghosts By My Bedside

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts By My Bedside

 

Firstly I've been somewhat haunting this site for a few months, there is nothing dramatic about me or my story but I have finally decided to share it with you.

I live in New Zealand, in a small town in South Taranaki, I have always lived in this area and I have always seen and felt things slightly out of the ordinary. The earliest happenings I remember started when I was around 5-6 years old, I would see things when I woke up at night. Sometimes I try tell myself that it was just my imagination, dreams spilling over into my consciousness but as it still happens now that I am 22, I know it's not the case.

The first time I recall it was like when you stare at a light for a while then look away and the shape of the bulb is still imprinted in your vision, only it wasn't a bulb but squares, each with a face in them, I don't remember any voices but they all appeared as if they were in pain, their mouths look like they were crying out. I was terrified, I sat up in my bed bawling my eyes out, no matter where I looked they were there even if I closed my eyes, even when my Mum came in and was hugging me, they were there for several minutes.

I also remember not long after this (maybe a month or two) waking to see my Mum (I could feel that it wasn't her as soon as I saw it) walking into my room, to my bedside and leaning towards me and then she was gone, it happened twice more then it started to appear as my brother who was few years younger than me. He walked in, stood by my bed and disappeared. Then it continued to do this for about 10 minutes, just alternating its appearance between that of Mum and my brother each time. It never said a word and neither did I, I just lay in my bed to scared to look away.

Ever since these things happened I have been afraid of the dark. In different houses I've lived in I have felt different presences, most of them made me very unsettled. Many times I've woken to find myself looking a spirit straight in the eye, these ones seem to be very calm. In the last house we rented I saw at least three, an old lady and two old men. One had a disfigured face as if it were scarred, perhaps burnt all down the right side and his eye was gone. I realized the next day that I had woken looked at him and then rolled over and gone back to sleep without being surprised at all or waiting for him to disappear. The other man I saw as I woke during the night, and the old lady I saw on my way to the bathroom out of the corner of my eye she was sitting at the kitchen table in the dark, I looked back and she was gone. These ones made me realize that I'm more accepting of them now, that I don't fear them as much anymore.

The spirits that make me uncomfortable I don't see (save for one but that's another story) I just feel them. There was one in a flat I was living in about two years ago (I move a lot) that made me so uneasy I couldn't sleep until my partner got home from work. This spirit I felt was definitely male and he felt very angry and dangerous. Our flat was very small and I felt him everywhere. I knew he was watching me at night, I could feel him standing by my bed leaning over me. Sometimes I thought I felt him touch my hair and face but it made me feel better to convince myself I was imagining that so I'm not sure anymore. I'd feel him behind me when I sat at the computer, in the doorway when I watched TV, even when I showered, I would pop my head out, so sure there was someone in the room with me.

I'm sorry that this is so long and boring, I do have another to share but I'll save that for another night, thank you for reading my story. Thankfully, I haven't felt anything in the house I'm in now but I'm still waking during the night. I'd like to hear any comments or questions, or if anyone else has these kinds of experiences. <3 Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LittelReD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-09)
Stroup,
I don't think it's a demon. There are spirits that have died in an unfair way or something negative must have happened when they were alive that when they die those emotions cross over with them.

LittelReD,
Like Hellhound said, you can do a cleansing / blessing of the place of residence. As part of culture, we actually get a priest to come in and do a full pooja (blessing) before we actually move in. You don't have to bring in a religious figure to do this. You can do this on your own. There is a recipe for cleansing from Rook here on this site that really works.

Another suggestion: if you every feel up to it, why don't you try to interact with the ghost? They might have been trying to cross over and wanted your help.

As for the bad spirit, I know already left the place, you can always tell the spirit to leave you a lone. If that doesn't work a blessing can be done.
LittelReD (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
Thanks for your comments, I honestly was worried no one would believe me. At the moment I'm doing fine, I haven't felt anything in my new house, I feel very comfortable here.
PrettyGirl1098 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Maybe he was in love and when his lover died he was very distraught, so when he died maybe he is trying to look or his lover and maybe you look like her? 😳
Stroup (1 stories) (4 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Hey about the last part of your story... It made me think you could possibly have a demon following you? I know it might seem far-fetched, but if you are always feeling paranoid and thinking its watching you, it more then likely is actually doing that. If this helps, as it kind of did for me, try telling it to not be a bother. I know they don't like to be told what to do, so comanding it to leave would most likely makes things worse. Personally, I would say outloud next time you have that feeling, and feel free to change this around to your liking, "You may stay, only if you are unnoticed"

Its shows them that you can offer something in return. They slowly stop with the scarying tactics, and you offer them a chance to stay. I don't know if you would agree with this, but I must say it has helped me, and it has helped my friend. You don't need to be religious... They are real whether you pray or not.

I wish you the best of luck ❤
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Hey, great story, although I'm very sad that you had to experience this.
Maybe you are open to them, more then most, which draws them in, thinking they can get attention, scare you or get help.
All I can say is maybe cleanse the house, salt around (if it's an apartment, near your bed maybe) and prey according to your religion.

I wouldn't be able to deal with that, so you are very brave:)
Do some research into some people (mediums ect) to see if you share any similar experiences.

I wouldn't say it's a haunting, as there are many and it's happened since you were young.
Perhaps you have a gift and that is why the spirits are coming at
You.
If it makes you feel uncomfortable, cleanse the house and learn more about your ability:)

I wish you the best of luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: