You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Man With The White Face

Real Ghost Stories

The Man With The White Face

 

My family has moved around a lot, because my father is in the military. Out of all the places that we have lived, this place was by far the worst. We moved into our house in February of 1998, we lived in a four bedroom house on a military base and all seemed well. A few months passed and I noticed strange things began to happen. I was home alone and I was sitting in the living room reading a book, I heard the Television in the other room slowly click on and off, and then it started rapidly turning on and off, and it stayed on with a screen of static. I was so freaked out I ran out and went over to a friends house. I told no one of this because I knew what they would have said. A month passed without anything happening so I thought that maybe the television had a malfunction of some sort. So I went on with my usual day to day routine. But I still felt like someone or something was always watching me.

My mother had carpet installed, because before there was tile throughout the whole entire house. A few days after the carpet was installed I was laying in my bed and I was the only one awake. I heard footsteps pacing back in forth in front of my door. I thought maybe it was one of my brothers, so I got out of bed and opened the door and to my surprise there was nothing there. I climbed back into bed and then I heard the footsteps again but this time there was more of them and one pair sounded as if they were high heels, which would be almost impossible because the hallway right outside my door was carpeted. I was terrified, I was alone and no one would believe me if I told them.

More things happened but I had passed them off as being something else, until one night a month before we were going to move things took a turn for the worst. I was playing in my room and I happened to look up at my window. I saw a man, his face was white and it had an evil look on his face, he just stood there staring at me. I was frozen. I ran out of my room and went to my father told him what I had seen and he went out searching for this man. He checked where he would have been standing and he noticed nothing out of place, none of the flowers were trampled, so he shrugged it off as my over active imagination. I continued playing in my room, I heard my door handle begin to turn and then it shook, the door flew open with so much force, but no one was behind it.

We finally moved out of the house. I was so relieved, me and my brothers were waiting in the car for my parents, they came out and as we were passing the house I looked at my window, I saw the man with the white face.

Till this day I still get chills thinking about what had happened to me, why was I the only one that saw these things?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Reesybear93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
SO GOOD MAN! LOVE IT! This is the second comment I have sent to you! PLEASE write another one! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!
Reesybear93 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
Thank you for your comments. Since I posted the story I have talked to my siblings and they said that they saw the man as well and they also said that they heard the footsteps. I did not tell them any background of what had happened to me because as I said before I had not said anything to my family. For those of you who think my story was overactive imagination.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-09)
I would chalk this up to an over-active imagination fueled by fear due to being left home alone at such a shockingly young age.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-09)
I agree with Devils - Daughter that because you were on a military base there might have been more activity than some of the other places.

As for your question: you are probably more sensitive than everyone else in your family so whoever was in your house wanted to let you know that they were there.

I have some questions for you:
(1) Do you have any siblings?
(2) If so, have you ever talk to them? I'm asking because they might have experienced the same things as you but were afraid to talk everyone in the family about it because everyone thought they were crazy.
(3) Now that you have moved, have you talked to your parents about what you experienced?
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
I think the first time you should have laughed it off. It sounds very true and I enjoy reading it 😆
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
As to being the only one to see it- have you attempted to contact folks at the base/housing complex or set up a chatroom/board to find out more at said place?

As to the TV, was it in a room with a window? And did it have a remote? Chances are, and I'm just guessing here, that the TV may have been getting some stray I.R. Signals from another TV user with a remote with the same coding sequence. Someone tries changing a channel, gets frustrated, and then tries pressing rapidly when 'his' TV doesn't operate properly.
Devils-Daughter (6 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
i have 1 Possible theory
U mentioned you were on an old army base it could have been 1 of the dead soldiers ghost that just happened 2 like the look of you. Or he could have simply been trying 2 protect you. Sori if this dosnt help but its the best thing I can think of for this story 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: