You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Bedside Watcher

Real Ghost Stories

My Bedside Watcher

 

I was abandoned by my biological mother when I was less than a month old in her rented room. She told her housemate that she will be back in an hour but the old lady never seen her again. When I was 3 months old, my current family adopted me. My mom told me when I was around 1 and a half years old I started waking up in the middle of the night acting as if I'm playing and talking to someone.

My grandma caught me doing that when she babysat me and got so spooked that she insisted my mom to do a cleanse of the house. Apparently I stopped doing that after the cleansing. I'm not sure whether the following experience is related but here goes nothing.

My earliest memories of this bedside watcher, was waking up in the middle of night because I need to go to the loo.

There she was, a lady in her late twenties sitting at my bedside staring at me. I was around 5 that time and thought she was one of my cousin's girlfriends. But when I was about to ask her why she's in my room she stood up and walk away. I woke up my aunt in the next room and told her about the lady, but she said I must be dreaming.

As I get older, when I'm going through some rough time, I would spot her sitting at my bedside when I woke up at night. I tried talking to her only to have her smile sadly at me before getting up and walking through the door leaving me in bed, shocked. This has happened continuously over 2 decades, and I'm sure I'm not dreaming. I have moved 4 houses over 2 decades yet my bedside watcher still appears from time to time. Always staring at me with those sad eyes, frustrating me because I don't know what I can do for her.

Other hauntings by selkay

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, selkay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-02)
Ohh...that's so sad to read. After reading your story I guess that bed side watcher might be your mom... Just like Vember said, she might have went but never returned back due to some unfortunate happening with her. The way you describe her indicates that she is always with you as your as your protector.
Thanks to share
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-01)
There are at least 4 ygs stories on that site, and that's after spending 5 minutes scanning titles. I don't even want to think how many there actually are.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-01)
This is the site's facebook page.

Https://www.facebook.com/asianghoststories

If you have facebook, I suggest you go to their page and explain the situation.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-06-01)
selkay: I wrote a comment on the story you shared the link from. I don't know, but it seems the comments also show up on facebook? I know we have a facebook share button, but the link always comes back to our site.

You may want to contact the admin on that particular site.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
I definitely get he feeling that it's your mother. Whether something happened to her then or later, it would make sense that the love of a mother would keep her around to watch over you. Which to me makes this a very touching story if that is the case.
chaos13 (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-09)
I think your mother passed the night she didn't come back I don't think she abandoned you. She has been watching over you since that night.
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-07)
sam222: Thanks for reading. I'm sorry about your mom. I'm not harboring any anger for my biological mom, my mom taught me compassion and the understanding that sometimes people are forced to do things because of unfortunate circumstances.
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-07)
notjustme: Thanks for your suggestions. I will try doing that. I just wanted her to pass on peacefully. 27 years of watching me is enough to atone for whatever mistake or wrong doing she had done.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-06)
Selkay,
I'm not quite sure how your going to feel about this comment (but please understand that this is my honest opinion after reading your story). I have a feeling that your biological mother had died (maybe regretting what she did to you at the time) and that she is your "bedside watcher," and maybe she is there because she feels sorry.
This is truly the first thing that came to my mind after reading your story, and the only thing that has. (Im just want to let you know that I'm not trying to make you forgive your biological mother, in case that's what you think I'm doing, but I'm not you have every right to hate your biological mother, I know what it feels like, I had to be taken away from my mom she choose drugs over me.) Anyway that's what I think, and note that I did not read any of the previous comments before written this comment, I wrote it down first read the comments then posted. Thank you for sharing your story.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
Selkay - thank you for your replies. I truly believe this could be your mother, do you feel that way? I suggest you ask her next time you see her. Ask her in your head, and maybe she might reply with a feeling. Through my own experience, they can't always speak to you through their mouth, but pay attention to what you feel, they are talking. I also suggest you start meditating, it will make it easier for you to connect with her and also healthy for you.
I think you are very lucky to have her around so much. My mother passed away in 95 and as hard as I try, I am having difficulty seeing her. Though I know she's there, maybe I just need to relax. 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
hi, selkay like the other posters here the first thought came in my mind was your mother... But not sure...
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
kellyann87: I do hope she is a spirit guide not my biological mom. Thanks for reading
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
notjustme: I don't mind the questions as this is the first time I open up about my bedside watcher. I didn't mention it to any of my friends and even to my fiance.
1. My biological mom was living in the same town with my mom in the Malaysian state of Perak.
2. I tried asking around but the neighborhood my biological mom was last seen was mostly old people and most of them too old or passed away when I tried finding out more. The information my mom get when filing for adoption papers and talking to my biological mom's housemate was she was an illegal immigrant, previously worked in another small town before moving to my hometown. And she was pregnant with me when she moved in to the house.
3. I tried talking to the apparition each time she appears but she never talk or reply. All I got from her is a sad smile and occasionally tears.
4. I never feel afraid of her, just a deep sense of loss and grieve. My cousin Michelle saw her once when she sleepover at my house, Michelle mentioned that she had my eyes, my skintone (light brown) and my lips.
5. I do not know much about my biological father at all. The housemate mentioned that my biological mom once told her that my father was a married business man.
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
Vember & ifihadyoux: I had thought about the possibility of it before but I had no idea how my biological mom looked like.
It's hard to ascertain what happened to her as according to her housemate my biological mom was an illegal migrant worker from neighboring country (Thailand). My mom tried looking up more information on her but found nothing aside from the fact that she was an illegal migrant and worked in various jobs in another town.
kellyann87 (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
The first thought I had was also your mother, but it seems you definitely have a guardian watching over you and she's there to protect you when your in trouble or having a hard time. Thanks for sharing your story.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
I agree with the other posters, perhaps it was your mother. Could explain her absence. Do you know if she officially died or is she missing?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
Also, do you know anything of your biological father? Or anyone to do with your biological family?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
Of course, like most people who is read your story will think, could it be your mother? If something tragic happened to her I would hope that the police was able to find out. This is going to be a very emotional post, I can already tell. Sorry in advance if any of my questions will bring up some unhappy memories for you... Here goes...

- Do you know where you are from before the adoption?

- Would you consider going back to your roots and maybe see if any neighbours are still around so that you can find out what kind of woman your mother was?

- Have you ever asked her who she was?

- How do you feel when you see her? Has the word "mother" ever crossed your mind or felt that way?

If this is indeed your mother, that is all too sad. However, I also feel it could be your spirit guide. Thank you for putting up with my questions. I look forward to your reply.
Vember (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
Have you considered perhaps it's your mother? Maybe she never returned because something happened to her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: