You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bedside Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Bedside Visitor

 

There is a spirit who visits me, mostly during the night time hours but the presence is being felt during the day time hours now as well. I was frightened by the visits at first, more so it was my own fear, that of the unknown on my part. When the spirit is near I can feel a tingling sensation, it starts at the toes and proceeds upward. It's the same feeling you get when you've slept on your limbs and they are slowly waking, only without the sharpness of pain that goes along with it. Fearing for my health, a trip to doctor ruled out any health fears I had of it being some underlying condition that I might of had. He probably thought I was nuts, however I didn't share my visitor with him, as a trip to phyc ward wasn't on my to do list!

I remember when first moving in, last year, I was excited to show my parents around, once we passed the threshold, there was the loudest bang, it rang through the emptiness of my newly gotten home. My father quickly went room to room expecting to find an intruder but found no one and nothing that could have made such a a heavy sound.

Once the light remodeling was finished, I was able to enjoy my first few nights in my new home! Excited is an understatement but then, one night not long after my move in, the visitor started with nightly visits.

I remember one night laying down, still very much awake with my eyes closed, covering me was a thin sheet. I felt a hand clench the top of my thigh. My eyes shot open, my heart raced as I lay there frozen. I never saw anyone, I'm not sure I could have been okay with seeing anything at that time but it's been months since and I'm much more curious about my new found visitor. I say visitor because I don't believe the spirit is here all the time, but I guess it's possible the spirit is, just not announcing its stay and looking up the homes history there has never been a death that has taken place here. There were however, some dabblers I believe who lived here previously. We painted over star drawn in red on one of the bedroom's ceiling. I'm assuming something to do with some witchcraft dabblers? It was a star in the middle, encased in a circle.

Just recently while in bed I felt someone sit down beside me, a little unnerving when you can't see the presence that is clearly sitting next to you, only an indentation on the bed. I'll be watching tv and feel my hair being touched. Last night my bathroom door slammed, I tried debunking, telling myself there was a draft all though there clearly wasn't.

I do not believe this spirit is evil, however I am not certain that the entity doesn't have ill intent? I just assume the entity is lonely, maybe a bit lost or completely bored?...we all get a little lonely at times, right? Maybe a little of all the above?

I was recommended to try "meditation" as a means to communicate. I thought of meditation only as means to relax "ignorance on my part" and only after sharing my experiences with a friend did he tell me about meditation as a means for communication with spirit. I'm not sure how to meditate, but there went nothing... I have more questions now then I ever wanted to know the answers to before. I also haven't physically spoke out to him/her, should I, how would I even address him/her, how would they even reply? Should I even address this spirit? I know there is a lot to the spirit world left to be discovered, I'm not asking for the whole nine, just a few inches. Advice, opinions and or personal experiences are all welcome. Just trying to gain knowledge before diving in, and yet I'm already swimming in the pool.:)

Thank you kindly, Jenn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SleeplessJenn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-13)
SleeplessJenn

Welcome and thanks for sharing

Let me begin by saying that if you had an episode of Sleep Par.
I'm sorry you went through it. It is extremely frightening unless
You have had it enough times to recognize it when it happens and can relax enough until it wears off. I have said on here many times the first time it happened to me I thought I was dying.

You may know this but just in case, it in NOT necessary that a person die in a place in order for it to be haunted. A place can become haunted just because a person remembers the place from their time of living and decides to pay a visit. That, or any number of reason.

I think what is important is to understand that whoever is bothering you no longer belongs there. Thus they have died and
Belong on the next phase of their growth. Many times claiming what is now yours can do wonders in getting rid of it. Perhaps stating loudly, clearly, and with conviction that this place is now yours and you wish for it to move on. You may be surprised at how often that can work. Be kind but firm. Do it repeatedly and especially when you sense its presence. I'm a firm believer that the longer a problem is allowed to fester the harder it can be to resolve.

Please keep YGS informed and best of luck to you.

Randy
SleeplessJenn (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-13)
Romance? In MY defense, there is no romance, none. I can't help how others may perceive it, but that deffinatly wasn't my intention. The only part of his/her reply that was helpful, sort of... Was the cleansing/shield part, which wasn't very informative or detailed. Not everyone knows how to do a cleansing/shield. I certainly do not. I'm thankful for those who have already begun to help, all while being understanding and kind.

Thanks
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-12)
Hi Sleepless Jenn
In Tweeds defence, for me, there's definitely an aspect of romance in your account. That may have not been your intention to convey that but the way you wrote your experiences, that's how it came across.
I felt Tweeds comments were, as always, insightful and useful.
Regards
Mack
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-12)
Thanks Manafon1, I have "Tom Sawyer" playing in my head with some drum solos. Which is not a bad thing. 😆

Back to our original program...
SleeplessJenn (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-12)
The husband says it was black, but I'm pretty sure the star symbol was red! And spray paint at that.
Defiantly could have been some creative artwork, that has nothing to do with anything going on.
SleeplessJenn (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-12)
Please let me add, there hasn't been any deaths reported in this home, only a very small fire, electrical... That was my first investigation into this. The house was built in the 60s, has only had three families under its roof, sat vacant since 2014. We moved in May, 2016.
SleeplessJenn (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-12)
Thank you, Augusta.
I'm not into any of that, so I wouldn't know what an Occult star looks like or symbolizes. I just thought it might hold value, or it may be nothing. I do love me some Captian A. Though. Lol:)
Also, the child surly wasn't a user, I would hope not anyway. I was speaking purely of the parents in that regard and going on what others have stated.
Yeah, might be getting its kicks, but I will say... They must find me very boring. It's like this, calm and collected on the outside but a squirrel in traffic on the inside. Not so fun when someone's always ignoring you.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-12)
SleeplessJenn and Augusta--A real possibility of that circle and star, especially if a teenage boy had that room at some point, is a logo the band Rush uses. It appeared on eight or so Rush albums and I can see a teenager, smitten with albums like 2112 painting that on their ceiling.

The drummer of Rush stated of the logo, that "collectivist mentality is depicted as the Red Star of the Solar Federation, which, according to the plot (of the 2112 album) is a galaxy wide federation that controls all aspects of life during the year 2112."

Being a child of the 70s and all the prog rock excesses of the decade, I can appreciate the kid who might have painted that emblem on their ceiling. Who knows, it could be that Rush fan who now haunts the house.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-12)
It's a common misconception that pentagrams are indicative of evil or devil worship...granted, a symbol can mean whatever the person using them wants them to mean, but traditionally speaking, a star or pentagram is no reason to worry. Also, a circle with a star in the middle sound more like Captain America or All-star Crosstrainer shoes than anything occult. The kid who used to live in that room may have thought it looked cool...and, sure, he may have done drugs and thought knives were cool... But that doesn't mean he was holed up in his room worshiping devils and summoning spirits.

It doesn't sound to me like this spirit is particularly malevolent though it does seem to get its kicks startling you. I don't blame you for being curious about it either. Perhaps, take time to properly shield yourself before researching further - never let anything frighten you away from gaining knowledge, knowledge is power. Simply talking to it firmly and setting boundaries seems like a very good idea as well. If all else fails, go for Rook's cleansing:)
SleeplessJenn (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-12)
Nice Tweed, did you come here to be helpful? Or to just twirl your hair? Lol...
My apologies if you've already been over all this, some of us however haven't and could really use guidance.
I would call it completely normal to want to know who or what is in your home, it's my understanding that "touching" is just one way a spirit might comunicate in letting you know "hey I'm here"... Scary or not.
SleeplessJenn (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-11)
The previous child, I'm assuming his name is Charles because that was written on the inside of one of the bedroom doors, same room with the star symbol. He may of had anger issues or someone in the home might have because of all the knife work on the doors.
SleeplessJenn (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-11)
Mystery search, it was out of curiosity, which has gone, trust me! The past owners were into drugs pretty bad as I'm told by neighbors. The symbol was painted in black, if that helps at all? Thank you for your reply.
SleeplessJenn (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-11)
Thank you all, I recently had my home blessed, and I will definitely try Rooks method. I have NOT spoke out to it, as I'm not really sure that would be the best, ignoring it has been my method. I had my very first bout with SP, that was not fun. It might be because I am looking into this far too much. I didn't know what was happening, I thought I died! Once my body caught up with mind a quick google search revealed what I went through was SP. Unlike some of what I've read, I could not open my eyes during, or feel an evil presence. I was on my left side, I could hear my tv, my husband snoring next to me and it only lasted a few minutes. I tried to will my free arm to move to wake my husband to no avail. My right arm was burning and had marks, which I immediately took photos of. I woke my husband once I came to, he's never seen me so frightened before and we have no explanation for the marks/scratches. I'll let that be my sign...
My curiosity has now gotten me in trouble.
MysteryResearch (23 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-10)
Hi SleeplessJen,

Thanks for your account. The question I have is: What is your purpose for communicating with the presence in your house? I agree with the other posters that it is best to set boundaries. After all, you would not allow a stranger to come into your house and touch your hair. As for the star, the past owners could have just liked how it looked. Or maybe they were communists. There are lots of places a red star is used. But if it was meant as a mystical symbol, it might have been put there in an attempt to protect against evil. Do you by chance know the past owners? It might give you some peace of mind to ask them about it, and about their experiences in the house, if this is something you've been thinking about.

Good Luck
Mystery Research
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-09)
Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Just so you do not have to search for it... Oh and I said this on another experience...

"If you are sure these 'events' are not caused by dreams, imagination or perhaps a physical cause that you are shutting out of your memories please try this..."

Respectfully,

Rook
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+5
7 years ago (2017-04-09)
Ummm yeah. If I were sleeping and felt a hand on my thigh, and all the rest, I wouldn't be twirling my hair wondering what it's favourite colour is.

Look into cleansing and shielding.

You know, it feels like we've done this thread a few times before. Can't just be me.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-09)
Jenn,

If I were you I would try Rooks cleansing and shielding method. Just for protection purposes.

I posted a few experiences on here, about my resident spirit here, and did a cleansing, but didn't do a shielding and then I also didn't tell it I wasn't trying to push it out.
So it got a little more active and quite a bit noisier.

So I did another cleansing, followed Rooks methods to a T,also let the resident spirit know I wasn't trying to make it leave just I have boundaries and rules.
I stated those rules and boundaries made them very clear.

And since that 2nd time, the resident spirit had calmed down quite a bit, and only plays with the puppy from time to time.

So I agree with Melda, try Rooks method, it worked for me. As I understood the timing, intent and power of it all.

Be careful and thanks for sharing

Spiritwaiting
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-09)
SleeplessJenn - I tend to agree with Sherm. I have a resident ghost who gave me a huge scare one night. I won't go into all the details as it's an account I wish to share here on YGS.

Before the scare I had been aware of his presence for quite some time but he didn't bother me at all. However one night I saw him in solid form. He was just as shocked as I was. I told him that if he wanted to visit he had to be quiet, no rustling around and no disturbances.

Since then, if I hear him (usually scratching in my husband's cupboard), I simply say "remember the rules, no noise" and immediately everything is quiet. I have never told him to leave but I sense his presence less and less.

So yes, depending on the intentions of the ghost and how you feel about it, I believe you can get him/her to tone things down considerably. Alternatively there are members of this site who can help you with effective cleansing methods. Rook in particular springs to mind.

Good luck 😊

Regards, Melda
sherm784 (19 stories) (27 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-08)
The one thing all spirits prey upon is fear. Just open your mouth and talk to it. Usually if you tell them you don't want them there they'll respect it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: