You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Posing As God

Real Ghost Stories

Posing As God

 

My grandfather and I were very close. He took me everywhere with him, but he wasn't the nicest person in the world to others. My story takes places near the Rio Grande in Texas. My grandfather was the manager for the Dr. Pepper factory there. He always left early before the sun came out. He wanted to show me what he did. My father told him no because it was no place for a child. I was maybe 4 or 5.

He went against my father and took me anyways. He got out to unlock the gates when he saw three men walk up from the river from under the bridge. He told me to lock all the doors and stay down. He asked the man " What can I help you with?" The man was tall and had on a white suit with gold chains. I peaked my head up to see what was going on and saw this man but I also saw two other little men beside him. The tall man had no face. It was just black but you could see him smile. His teeth were really white. He asked my grandfather for a smoke. Then he said" God smokes too" At that moment I saw the two little men smile and realized they didn't have the same kind of teeth I have. Theirs were razor sharp. My grandfather stood and talked to the man.

The creatures however made their way towards the truck I was in and got on top of the car. I saw one look in and seen me. He proceeded to lick the windshield. The creature that was licking the windshield whispered, "I want you now" and was trying to open the door. I screamed and dropped to the footboard of the truck.

The man snapped his fingers and the two little men/creatures returned by his side. Then he told my grandfather he was doing a good job and to keep doing what he was doing. They went down into the river again. When we got home, we both had scratches all over our legs and I had one bite mark near my personal area. Neither my grandfather or I notice the marks and bite marks until my mother saw them.

I had so many nightmares after that. I always woke up with a bite mark near my personal area or scratches everywhere. I have no clue what happened and still to this day don't know. But I was okay until just recently. I've been waking up at 3 or 3:15 every morning and scared out of my mind. With scratches everywhere but no bite marks anywhere that I know of... Knock on wood

Other hauntings by SamIAm1991

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SamIAm1991, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-23)
My dads friend says ghost are demons I think ghost are deceased humans well not all of them.
JMonster (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-23)
3am is also, in psychology, the time where the human brain would normally be deepest in REM sleep, and even if we aren't asleep, we near that threshhold. The brain starts processing information differently, and auditory and visual hallucinations become more common:) Also, as far as I am aware 3am was popularized as the inverse of the hour Christ was crucified in? An idea not present in the majority of other cultures:) Still, it sounds like an unnerving occurence, and if the scratches are still happening, it might be worth asking about a priest or a rabbi or a shaman or whatever you believe in? One of the spirits may have attached itself to you. Did you ever consider the possibility that your grandad may have made some sort of a deal with the spirits, and maybe that's why he didn't seem afraid of them, he'd seen them before?
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
I just google earthed Dr. Pepper factories and distributors and don't see any around the Rio Grande. Oh and I recently heard that in Jewish tradition 3AM is the time that G-d Himself may come down to Earth and walk around in human form as he was purported to do in the Israelite's desert camps after the Exodus. This story just gives me the creeps!
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Sounds like el diablo. This story is disturbing on so many levels. What does your abuelo have to say about this incident, I wonder?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
shellzy,

Thanks mate!

The 3am thing goes back quite far... But even Shakespeare and Washington Irving never mentioned a specific time in their plays or stories...

The first 3am (03:33am to be exact) reference I can think of was in the Amityville Horror... The Oldest Son shot his family early in the morning... Time of death was determined to be between 02:45am and 03:45am...in the book and movie of the same name I believe they use 03:33am. Then more recently there was the movie you mentioned... The Exorcism of Emily Rose... Again not exactly a work of non-fiction.

As I said... As a practicing witch and now as a 'born again' individual I have not seen anything that 'proves' 03:00am is anything other than very early in the morning.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
shellzy - thank you, you got to it before I could. (Had to put my dogs back up and get a cup of coffee. Thought that might give me time to be "nicer" about it 😉)
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Liana,
Rook is a very well respected member of this site and for as long as I have been here I have seen HIM (yes Rook is a male btw...) offer his assistance and kindness to many people in need. You clearly have not been around long enough to see this.

He is only pointing out the guidelines to you and is quite correct too...
Sorry for butting in Rook, maybe I have had a long day but some people just grind me the wrong way... 😠
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Liana,

Trying to help people is fine... Promoting unproven theories such as 3am being the Witching Hour or 'Devils Playtime' really isn't helping anyone now is it.

You made a comment... I 'questioned' it...It's called a debate and many facts come out during a good debate... Facts that are based in Truth and Knowledge and everyone comes out of a good debate with more Knowledge and a better understanding of the FACTS.

Just saying...

Respectfully,

Rook
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Rook I agree. I think the whole 3am theory has been embelished over recent years fueled by movies such as.'The exorcism of Emily Rose' just to name one...

In my opinion and from what I have personally experienced, paranormal events (whether malevolent or not) can happen ANY time of day or night.
Just my two cents...
Liana (9 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
rook...

Girl what is your problem?
I believe this site was for sharing thoughts and trying to help those who needs it... Not critisising like what you are doing... I know what I know and you know what you know, BTW I didn't ask any feedback from you.

Thank you.
Respectfully
Liana
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Liana,

3am The Witching Hour...we've gone round and round on this site concerning this 'idea'. It's a fairly new idea... Popularized in modern books (fiction) and movies (also fiction).

I have 'found Jesus' as many would say, but before that I was a practicing Witch... I was a practicing Witch for many, many years and during that time I never heard of any so called 'Witching Hour' nor the fact that 3am held any special significance for 'The Devil'. 3am is just very, very early in the morning... And marks the 1/2 way point in my shift at work...that's all.

Respectfully,

Rook
Liana (9 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
3 o'clock you waking up, that the time the devil is more active, be careful dear...
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
SamIAm1991

I think it may have been called "Chucky". It was very popular
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
SamIAm1991

Did your grandfather ever explain to you why he had no problem chatting with a man who had no face and was not frightened of him or his companions with razor teeth? Why did grandpa continue chatting to the guy with the pearly whites and didn't lose it or panic or get scared even while the two little razor men jumped onto the truck and tried to get his grandson?

Reminds me of a very old 70s (I think) horror movie that had this little creature with razor sharp teeth running around biting and scratching people but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
I don't get it. Please excuse me for my ignorance. Is your grandfather still alive? What are the 3 men? Ghosts? If yes, how come your grandpa can get along with them? What did they do all the time? Why did the little men bite you? I don't get it. Can you explain to me?
SamIAm1991 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Interpret it how ya'll want. But I know what I saw. I was young but I will never forget and neither has my abuelo.
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
SamIAm199

I'm with Moongrim on this one. Were you and grandpa naked or wearing shorts or what? Why on earth would your mother check out your private areas anyhow? Why and what would make her check out her FATHER'S?

Your style is familiar, btw
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
So you interpret an extremely scary looking man making a cryptic remark that "God smokes too" as posing as God? That is probably the weirdest part of your very weird story.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
So despite not being able to get into the truck, somehow they managed to bite you and scratch you on your legs and "personal area"?
And your granddad, did he ever try to report this to the authorities?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: