You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Guardian

Real Ghost Stories

My Guardian

 

Hi, I am from England and my grandfather is my guardian. He often does what granddad's do. You know, drives you mental but at the end of the day you love them. My experience starts, in fact, with my sister. She was casually speaking to herself, aged 3. When my mother heard her, she asked who my sister, Toni, was talking to her. My sister replied "It's the old man, sitting on the end of my bed. His name is charley, he often talks but he mostly listens". Seen as my sister didn't have many friends it wasn't really an issue. About 5-6 years later, I was also in the same situation. I don't remember ever talking to myself but I do remember an old man but I don't remember what he looks like.

My mom got a similar answer when she asked me who I was talking to. My mom only really registered what had happened until she was in bed. She has often felt a presence in her room and sometimes feels him sitting on her bed.

May I tell you that my grandfather died when my mom was 2? Well, I was 2 when we first discovered our friend. I also feel very safe when feeling his presence and he often turns my music down. Isn't this what a Granddad's does?

It was my auntie that first came up with the connection, she believes in the spiritual side, as do I.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charlies friend, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
i love your story, its so sweet! I hope he stays with you and your sister forever to watch over you and to share your good times
Take care
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
what a beautiful sentiment to your story. I am very glad you shared it with us. It is wonderful to feel a connection with a family member.

God Bless!
kanzaki_satsuki (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
OMG! My brother had the same situation! My brother was the only guuy ever born in the torres family (that my last name) so my grandpa was his favorite... Wen he died my brothe(he was 2 or 3 years old) kept on talking to himself. Then he kept on going to my grand fathers hang out. So one day my mum said where did he go and then my brother said that he wnet with our grandfather... Then my mum fainted. The next day my brother kept on talking to himself... And wen he got older he stopped...
Unicorn (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
Was your grandfather an older man when he died? If your mother was only 2 years old when her father died, I wouldn't picture him as being very old... But he appeared to you and your sister as an old man.
I've heard of peoples' spirits changing appearance to match what they looked like when they were younger - I guess it can go the other way, too.
That part is really interesting to me, for some reason. Maybe, since he *is* a grandfather figure, he's taken the appearance of an older man to better make that connection with you?
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
Dear Charlies friend,

What a lovely story to share here and much appreciated too. It is good to know you have family watching over you and yours. Ancestors do that (in my opinion). Perhaps, if you ask granddad to show up in your dreams, you can get a good picture in your mind of him to compare it to a 3D physical photograph your mother may have of him. A lot of the time they do show up in dreams or in person as young fellows and ladies in their zenith and at their peak of health. No need to test him, you already do that and there will be more to come as you continue to grow up and experience life anyways.--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-04)
Thank you for sharing your story with us Charlies Friend. I wouldn't recommend going out and trying to get yourself into trouble just to get something on film. Loved ones often watch over entire generations of family before moving on. Maybe they feel it is a way to make up for not being there in the physical sense.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-04)
Dear Charlie's Friend

Guardian Angels help you usally when you're in danger or in a trouble. If you want to really know if it's your grandfather video tape yourself in trouble, then rewind it. If a white figure comes up in front of you on the tape that looks like a outline of your grandfather, then he's watching over you. Try it out, let me know if it works!

I hope everything works out~ Alyssa

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: