You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Animal Guardians

Real Ghost Stories

Animal Guardians

 

Shorty

I was on duty as a security officer for a financial call center when I noticed a cat that was killed and was laying in the front yard of the property. He appeared to have been hit by a car.

After laying him to rest (and a good half hour of bawling my eyes out), I was inside a vacant office suite talking to a friend of mine about what just happened when I thought I heard one of her cats meowing in the background. I asked her "Ahh which kitty witty just said hi?" My friend said that both of the cats were asleep in the window. I asked if she was sure of this, and she said they were both sleeping in the window.

We were both perplexed by this and my friend said that it might have been the cat I just laid to rest a few minutes before. I was comforted, knowing that "Shortstop or "Shorty" was ok and was saying thank you to me for taking the time to properly lay him to rest. I never spoke to anyone about the encounter in the vacant suite, but I know that Shorty still comes around me from time to time.

Aztec

In September of 2016 I had just recently put my horse Aztec to sleep after losing a battle with a hindgut fissure. I was devastated. About a week or two later I had a dream that I was inside a slaughterhouse where I was going toe to toe with the plant manager. Just as the man I was arguing with started to take a swing at me, Aztec materialized (he was dead in the dream) in full form with red eyes and he was angry. He reared up on his back legs, bringing both his front hooves down on top of the plant manager's head, killing him. After the upheaval ended, I was able to hug Aztec around the neck like I always did before he vanished from sight. On the floor in front of me, there were two bloody hoof prints.

I woke up in the morning, convinced that my horse watches over me. I have had sensations where I have smelled the scent of horses while in the middle of a security shift at 1:00 in the morning.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Templar1179, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-10-26)
Templar- I was very touched by the fact that you laid the cat to rest (in whichever manner you did it) and the dream about your horse.

For sure our animals stay around us. I have had experiences with a number of my cats and dogs who have passed on.

In fact something rather strange happened just yesterday afternoon. I had a cat, Toby, who had to be euthanized exactly a year ago due to his physical condition. His kidneys failed.

Toby was terrified of storms and we always knew when a storm was coming our way because about 15 to 30 minutes before we heard the first thunder clap he would come rushing inside, crouching, almost flat on his stomach.

Well yesterday late afternoon I was sitting on the couch watching a TV programme and I saw this crouching shadow-like little creature legging it towards the kitchen. My first thought was that it was Percy, my current cat. I also have two foster dogs, they are only with me temporarily. The dogs were lying on a mat outside the door. Percy hates these dogs and avoids them like the plague. He usually comes in through one of the windows. Yesterday (I thought) he came in right next to these dogs. In fact he would actually have had to come through them. The reactions of the dogs were priceless as well. Almost in one motion they both stood and craned their necks towards the kitchen.

I was quite flabbergasted and rushed into the kitchen - no Percy. I found him fast asleep on a bed in one of the bedrooms.

A while later I heard that first thunder clap and then I knew exactly what had gone rushing through the door into the kitchen. That was Toby for sure.

We're desperate for rain in our part of South Africa. It rained late yesterday afternoon and even as I sit here now I hear the thunder and some rain - not much, but some. Perhaps Toby came to tell me not to be too concerned because our drought will be broken? I certainly hope so!

Regards, Melda
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
Templar1179,

It warms my heart that you have such compassion for an animal when you had never seen it before in your life.
It shows that you have wonderful character. ❤

- Maria
Templar1179 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
No, I never met the cat before. I also believe that Shorty did come back to thank me. My friend does too. Thank you for reading my story.😺
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-10-24)
Hi Templar1179,

I also think that Shorty came back to convey his gratitude. Were you very familiar with the cat? I can't tell from your story. I assumed that you were because you knew his name.

A long time ago, both of my cats were killed and I am convinced that they remained with me until I was feeling okay. I submitted a story about it.

I am very sorry for the loss of your horse. It is so painful to watch a beloved pet or companion suffer. I think Aztec is a very good name for a horse.

Thank you for sharing, Maria ❤
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-24)
My wife lost a beloved German Shepherd named Sasha. She was devastated. Shortly after Sasha's death, my wife had a dream of her Sasha coming to her and staring lovingly into her eyes. It is my wish that we are reunited with our pets after we die.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: