You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Figure Or Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Figure Or Guardian Angel?

 

I've searched this many times, with no luck finding anything on it. I'm not sure where else to post and ask questions. Here we go:

When I was young, maybe 5-6, my family lived in a three-bedroom house. We had a few guests over one night, (my sister, her boyfriend, my sister's friend and my sister's friend's boyfriend) and the usual people who lived there were my mom, dad, and myself. My parents had a king sized bed, so my sister and all of her friends got to sleep in that bed all together. My parents and I squeezed into the twin size hospital bed we had for my grandpa who would soon move in with us. I woke up, maybe 2-3 in the morning, to go get more milk. I had the cutest cup. It was an elephant. His head came off and you poured the drink in, and his trunk was a straw! (Completely useless information that cup was just so cute.)

My bedroom was right across the hall from where I was sleeping with my parents, but at that time I did not sleep in my own bed, and I'm glad I didn't. As I walked out of the bedroom to get some more milk, I looked into my room. I saw a large figure, with huge glowing blue eyes. I couldn't really see a body, or even the shape of a head. I did see two huge eyes. Glowing with no light to illuminate them. I never felt scared of it. I stared at it, as it stared back at me. Now I'm not sure if it seemed so large because I was so little, but from what I can remember it looked to be as tall as my door, a standard door. The eyes of this were probably the size of a baseball each. Glowing white with blue as the color. Almost like someone was holding a flashlight behind them. Like I said I never felt scared, I thought it was probably a human, because at 5 you don't realize eyes that big are extremely abnormal. I continued on my mission to get more milk, and I guess things slowly started to process as I did, because when I was walking back to the room I shared with my parents, I was afraid to look into my bedroom.

I woke my mom up, and told her someone was in my room. She got up out of bed and looked. We found nothing. I'm 21 now and I still wonder what I saw that night. I don't know how to explain it to people, and half of them tell me it was all just a dream. I'm sure it wasn't, because when I woke up for good later that morning, the milk I spilt was still left on the kitchen floor, and my cup was full.

I've had small paranormal things happen as I've grown up. We moved to a new house and you'd see things out of the corner of your eyes, or hear people talking, the common stuff I guess. I've never seen those glowing blue eyes again, and I'm not sure I want to. I now live elsewhere with my fiance and I still feel things have followed me into my adult life. I feel uncomfortable alone in my house now and still see things. I'm not sure if something is attached to me, or if it's just the places I've lived. The blue eyes have never returned though.

Anyone have an idea what I saw? I told myself it was my guardian angel for the longest time, but now I'm ready to get to the bottom of this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mikayla1698, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-16)
Triskaideka,

I like how you said:

"And when it comes to shadows, well, they don't exist without light."

My thoughts exactly.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-16)
Side note, since people ask of eye colors and feelings, I think it's important to clarify now that seemingly friendly beings can be perfectly evil, whilst the scary ones can be perfectly well-intended. This applies to real life, still breathing humans, as well as many other creatures. Personally, I am creeped out by light blue or gray eyes, despite or because of the traits of a line of my family. And when it comes to shadows, well, they don't exist without light. I think your sis and friends were lucky to be so free. I'm glad you didn't witness worse. Sounds like this was a long time ago and not such a major event. Thank you for the story. Anything happen since then?
jabond99 (3 stories) (61 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-17)
I would be interested to know how significant the color of a ghost/spirit/orb is, or whether color doesn't really matter at all. For instance, in most of the stories I read where someone can describe the color of eyes, they are noted as being red. Here, Mikayla1698 describes blue eyes but also that she felt no fear during this encounter. That may be significant, or it may not, I don't know.

Does anyone know if color matters, or perhaps it has no bearing?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-16)
My very first thought about the description of the 'eyes' you provided made me want to ask...

Is there ANY chance that what you saw was the reflection of headlights from the road in a mirror from your room?

If that can be ruled out then it is really hard to say what it may have been, with how long ago the experience occurred and the fact it seems to be a 'one-time' thing.

It's also hard to determine what may be happening to/around you now unless you post your recent experiences... A journal may help you as well... If you begin to record your 'odd' experiences you will be able to go over the details later and better determine if there was a natural cause for it OR if that fails, you will have details to help determine just what you may be experiencing.

Thanks for sharing and please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-11-15)
silverthane,

While I was reading this, my mind had this visual going:
"Eyes of the Fremen" - blue within blue, but that has everything to do with the fact that I am a geek. 😜

I wasn't trying to derail the serious nature of your comment. I just couldn't get that thought out of my head.

- Maria ❤
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-15)
I can't help but focus on colors in instances that involve paranormal occurrences. Whenever a paranormal occurrence involves large, blue eyes, it usually involves nordic (look up on the internet) beings. There is a lot of debate associated with the true nature of the nordics, so I cannot tell you anything involving whether your "visitor" was helpful or harmful. There have also been rare instances where grey-type beings were reported with large, blue eyes. But these involve abduction type scenarios. Interesting story! Of course, like Lealeigh suggests, this may have all been a dream, which is equally possible imho.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2019-11-14)
Hi Mikayla1698,

Since it has been fifteen years, there probably isn't any way to know if the blue eyed figure was was really there. It might have been a visual that was left in your mind shortly after awakening.

I have had many strange experiences that have occured right on awakening, but it may be impossible to know what the reality is at a time when you're not fully aware.

If it was real, I don't believe it meant you any harm as you didn't remember any negative feelings associated with it. It didn't follow you.

On another note: The sleeping arrangements that your sister, her friend and their boyfriends had at the time, to me, seem highly unusual. 🤔 It seems to me that your parents were asking for trouble. The terrestrial kind. That's only my humble opinion.

Thank you for sharing your experience, Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: