You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Daycare's Guardian Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Daycare's Guardian Ghost

 

I'd like to start off as saying I've always thought the paranormal, and ghosts were tv and hollywood made up nonsense.

I work part-time at a local daycare ran by a family friend while taking night classes. For the family friend's privacy I won't say the name of the daycare.

The first day I started working was fun I love kids and enjoy spending time with them.

There was something odd though (I'm not using her real name) Ann a four year old kept talking about someone called big bro yet when I asked, her parents she was an only child I passed it off as an imaginary friend and forgot about it.

The first I guess you'd call paranormal event happened back in November. It was cold so the heat was on constantly, yet when I would walk into the playroom it was cold. I checked the vent incase it was covered but I could feel heat coming from the vent then I checked the window it was completely shut.

I walked back in a few hours later to clean up the kids' toys and it was warm like the other rooms.

A few days later I was checking in on the baby's while, they were supposed to be napping but some are little escape artistes

I opened the door and saw Bobby (not his real name) he was half way over the side of the crib when I caught him he froze or got scared and let go of the rail.

The distance between his crib and the door is rough 14 feet I ran for him but the really freaky part is he stopped mid air halfway to the floor. Then he was lowered onto the floor I grabbed him and, ran out of that room. I went to (not her real name) Emily and told her what happened.

She said," Relax dear that's just Chris." I was dumbfounded she acted like it was normal. I guess the look of disbelief showed and then Emily went more into detail. She said Chris worked here for years making the kids happy but a few months before I started he passed away due to an asthma attack.

The kids loved him and had taken to calling him big bro. They can see him because they are so young and innocent he helps out still even after passing away.

She told me on occasion she can still see him playing with them; a baby would be giggling up a storm and they were alone, a block would lift up by itself or the rocking chair he'd read to them in would rock by itself.

I have seen similar things since our chat one time I was trying to comfort one of the babies while they were fussy. I tripped over a toy and fell back I wrapped the baby up and got ready for the pain but I never hit the ground.

I was pushed back up and I heard whistling like a lullaby the baby calmed down. The kids still say they see their big bro and I've walked into the playroom to clean up and all the toys are already put away.

I feel fortunate that my first run in with the paranormal has been such a positive one.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sterben24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sterben24 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-20)
Hi sorry been busy with classes most of the kids to my knowledge don't mention their big bro only 2 families who know about him one is his sister and her husband they arent surprised he stuck around and the other are actually happy the kids have a sort of guardian angel when they come here
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-20)
Hello Sterben24, thanks for sharing your experience and also the additional information by way of reply.

I agree with lady-glow and while reading your narrative, I was making up my mind about how the parents reacted when and if a few kids told them about big bro. Please do respond and if you are able to take a video, it would be nice to view it and it can be posted in the site.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-17)
Sterben24.

Thanks for the additional information. In my opinion, once the lil' ones start pulling a Houdini, it's time for them to graduate to a big kids bed.

Out of curiosity, do you know if any of the children have talked to their parents about Big Bro and, if so, what the parents' reaction was?
As much as I like the idea of a helpful spirit hanging around, I'm not sure if everyone else would like the idea of trusting their child to a phantom nanny.

And, if sometime you have a chance to take a video of the activity, I hope you can post it here.
Sterben24 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-17)
Hi sorry I wanted to clarify this building is basically a 5 bed room house converted into a day care we have 2 cribs in case we need to care for infants the room also is equiped with a diaper changing station extra diapers and wipes basically its one room strictly for infants we keep them separated from the older children because as most parents will know babys have there own clock and nap when they want and we don't need the older kids waking up the little ones
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-03-17)
Hello,

Just want to leave my two cents regarding the cribs. Daycares do use cribs for infants. Many, if not most, do.

I experienced something very similar with my daughter. I think I included it in one of my stories. The part about the child falling and appearing to stop mid-way. Same thing happened to my daughter, I saw her falling and mid-way it looked as if something stopped her and gently placed her on the floor.

Sherben24, thank you for sharing your story.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-17)
Tweed & Lealeigh.

I agree with both of you, the cribs part is questionable.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-17)
Tweed,

Yes. I believe that sleeping on mats on the floor is the normal practice. Individual beds take up a lot of space and there is a risk of the child falling.

I barely remember being in daycare myself but I remember sleeping on the floor. I live close to Mississippi (as the world goes). It makes more sense to have the mats. They don't have to dedicate a whole room to "nap time".

- Maria
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-17)
Hmm, feel like I've read this before. Have you shared this already a few years ago?

I feel like Chris has packed a lot of paranormal activity into a short time. Don't kids sleep on the floor in daycare, like a thin mattress on the floor?

Perhaps I'm not the right person to comment on this but it felt a bit err wrong.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Love your story! Can you imagine how much he must've loved his job? Wish that for more people.
en_chuu (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Hi Sterben24!

That was so wholesome to read, and I share your sentiments about your first experience. The part about the babies being escape artists made me chuckle.

Thank you for sharing your story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: