You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

My Guardian Angel?

 

Greetings YGS members. I have been reading a lot of stories on this site and inspired me to share my own experiences. But first, let me tell you a little about myself. I am a 29 year old Filipino American working in a publishing company here in the Philippines. The story that I am about to share isn't about my workplace even tho I've heard a lot of ghost stories about our building. But it's about what happened to me when I was 9 years old in our province.

I used to have a twin brother and we would share everything together from clothes to rooms and toys. Even tho we looked totally alike, we each have different personality. He would always be the tough one and I'm (shamefully admitting) always the cry baby one. Until that fateful day when he was taken away from us. As far as I can remember, my mom went to pick something up in the store while me and my brother were waiting inside the car when another car rammed into us. Long story short, I survived and he didn't. My parents were devastated. I don't even know how they managed to get through with the funeral with them seeing my brother inside the coffin.

A month or so after the funeral, I would feel this presence inside our room. Immediately I would tell myself that it's him visiting me. Our nanny would be mad at me when she would find all the toys in my room scattered on the floor. And I remember telling her that it was brother who did that and not me. From that time on until I grew up, that presence would follow me.

I remember being a teenager, stupid as I am, began hanging out with a not so good group. We would party, drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes (yup even mjs). I remember we were having a session in the house of one of my friends when I clearly saw an apparition of my brother standing in the hallway looking at me. I just quickly bolted out of the house upon seeing him.

I moved to Manila after graduating high school to pursue my college degree. I was sleeping in my boarding house and having this dream which had my brother in it. In my dream, I was talking to him but I can't understand any word he's saying. The only thing that I understood was when he told me to wake up in which I did and found out a small fire started inside my room. I quickly put out the fire which was caused by some faulty wiring. It looks like he's still looking out for me even from the other side. I finished college and landed a good job. I would still feel his presence and would dream about him. But everytime that I would start a conversation with him, it's like he would just disappear.

Sorry for the lengthy post and I hope I didn't bore you with my story.

Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kai046, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Eerie69 (5 stories) (19 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-04)
Hello Kai046!

I'm sorry about your brother.

I was just wondering if he also do that to your parents?

Nice story!
kai046 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-15)
Hello Lady Glow. Thank you for reading my story. When I saw an apparition of my brother when I was a teenager, it was like he didn't changed at all. His clothes at that time, as far as I can remember, was still the same clothes he wore when we had the accident.

As for my parents, I never inquired nor asked them about my brother. Maybe we were both trying not to talk about it.

Best regards
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-12)
Welcome to YGS.

Kai046 - first of all, I'm sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how difficult it must had been for your family to keep going after such a tragic and untimely loss.

It is wonderful to know that our loved ones do not completely leave us after their passing. I'm sure your brother has been beside you during the good times and the bad ones too. Love doesn't end with death.

When you saw him like a teenager, - had he aged too or did he look like he did at the time of his passing?
Do you know if your parents have experienced any visitations by your brother?

Thanks for sharing this fascinating experience with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: