You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Seeing Shadows And Feeling Bad Things In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Shadows And Feeling Bad Things In My Home

 

My husband and I moved into our house nearly three years ago which is a new build and we are the first owners, however this past year or so, I have had some strange encounters.

One morning, my husband had an early shift and left the house at half four in the morning. My alarm was due to go off an hour later at half 5, however 5 minutes before I suddenly woke up and about 2 seconds later I heard a crash in my front lobby. My cat who was at the bottom of the bed started to hiss and growl so I went to investigate. When I went downstairs, I saw that a toolbox had been knocked over. Thinking that it was Steve leaving, I picked it back up. When I turned I saw my cat half way up the stairs too scared almost to come into the lobby. When I went to stroke her to calm her nerves, she stared straight past me as if she was looking at something in the lobby, so thinking that it was an insect or something I turned back but nothing was there. The strangest thing about this was that the toolbox had been there for a couple of weeks and had been untouched for while, so for it to just fall over I thought was a bit strange.

The second thing that happened in the lobby was when I was just about to leave for work. I was about to pick up my bag and looked in the mirror and I saw a black shadow moving in the reflection. When I turned, there was nothing there, so thinking it was a draft moving my light shade looked up expecting It to be moving, however it was perfectly still. (may I add that the front door was not open at this point).

A few other things have happened to me in this house, like one time I was watching the tv and I thought I could see someone coming up to the front door through my blinds which were closed, but no one knocked or rang at my door so I ignored it. This happened again a few minutes later and then for a third time so I got my husband to have look in case it was maybe kids playing about but no one was there.

The last thing (which is the monster terrifying) is when I am in my room at night, I keep thinking someone is at the door watching me, but when I look, there is nothing there. This is happening every night now and every night I am getting the feeling that it is something bad or evil, and now I am too scared to even look at the door that I cover my head with the duvet cover (even when my husband is there).

Can anyone help as I don't know if I'm just being paranoid?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nicki10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kimlee (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
I'm new here, but I don't think your being paranoid. It helps to not sleep in the dark, so get some night lights so you can see more clearly. I know it doesn't solve the problem, but at lest it helps you to not be so afraid.
RainLilly (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
I wouldn't say you're being paranoid, but it's clear that you're feeling a lot of tension. Stress and tension will influence your reactions, so try to stay calm and objective. Everything seems more disturbing if you're already on edge.
The house is new, but the land isn't. Maybe you could try researching the history of the property. Ghosts can attach to land, so it may not be the house that's the focus of the activity at all. It could be related to something that was previously on the site. The research will also help you feel more in control of the situation and boost your confidence. Confidence and control are very important things to have. Don't be intimidated in your own home. Take charge of your space.
AngelaTurner001 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
From experience I can tell you that this is how it starts, small things you can't really put your finger on, it get worst though. If you feel something is not right, it is because your intuition is telling you so, trust it.
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
I can truly relate to you; for we have similar experiences. Until this day I haven't been able to know what it is or how to make it stop 😢

I think that the advice supernatural gave you may work. In fact I think I may do it myself 😊

I hope things get better for you...
Best of lucks!

-dani ❤
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
I do not think you are being paranoid. I recommend saying psalm 91 and 71 out loud from the king james bible before you go to bed and when you wake up. Also get some white vinegar mix it with sea salt and leave it in bowls around your house. Refill after they evaporate. If you want any more help pm me

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: