You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Doll House Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Doll House Ghost

 

Ever since I was little I and my family would go and stay at my grandmothers for the weekend every other month. She lived in a little cottage in what seemed to be in the middle of no where. She had 2 spare bedrooms which I and my brother used, and mum and dad would sleep on the sofas. Anyway, in my room was a very old doll house. It was quite big, I would say about 3 feet high and 4 feet wide. It was always just a normal doll house to me.

I was 10 when it happened. I remember I was in the garden with my brother and we decided to dig a hole at the bottom of it. We used a spoon to dig because we didn't want our grandmother to know what we were doing. As we were digging I noticed a small wooden doll. She was only about 3 inches tall and had a dirty pink dress on. Instantly I ran up to the house, cleaned her up and placed her in the doll house.

Later that night, mum tucked me into bed and closed the doll house. I remember waking up in the middle of the night, I'm not sure what woke me up but I won't ever forget what I saw. I heard a creaking noise, so I sat up and turned the bedside lamp on. Looking around to see what it was I noticed that the doll house was open and all the furniture and dolls were on the floor. Except from the little doll I had found earlier that day. She was at the top room in the house, tucked into the little dolls bed. I remember after I had noticed the little doll, the room went cold so I turned my lamp off and tried going back to sleep to get warm. I remember not being able to sleep, I must have just been laying there for over 30 minutes. Then I heard that same creak again, followed by a sort of whisper, it sounded like a little girl. I don't know exactly what it said but it was something like 'thank you for bringing her home'.

I remember waking up in the morning and thinking it was just a dream but to my surprise, the doll house was there just as it was the night before, all the furniture was scattered on the floor and sure enough, the little doll was in bed, in the top room. I have never forgotten that night, and never said anything to my parents or grandmother. \r\nIt was two years ago when I decided to search my grandmothers house on the internet. It turns out it was built in the early 1900's and was once occupied by a married couple and there 7 year old daughter. It didn't say how, but it said that the daughter had died in the back garden while she was playing. After the little girls death the parents moved out of their home. Leaving behind a big wooden doll house, the same as my grandmother had in her home.

I asked my grandmother about the doll house and where she got it from. She said that it was already in the house when she moved in. So I guess the little girl who whispered to me that night, was the little girl who died all those years ago. I'm not sure if I'm correct but it said that she was playing in the garden when she died, so it must of been the little doll she was playing with but it never got returned to its house. Which could be the reason she thanked me all those years ago. I brought her doll home.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, captain-alexandria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
Interesting. True or not, it makes for a sweet story, if not a little tidy. But still, heartwarming at least.
WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Maybe the girl's ghost or something was attached to the doll and it had been outside all those years and it was sweet it was returned home! ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
ahh how sweet a STORY from the uk, my home land.
Now let me see, you just happened to decide to dig (with a spoon) in grannys garden and happen to find a doll, with dirty pink dress on. Am I right so far?
You went straight to the dolls house and put it in. That night have "haunting" from little girl who died in very same garden!
Ok!?!
A buried doll over 100 years old would not still have dress on and no way it would still be pink if anything left it would be a bit of rag, plus with the wonderful wet weather the uk enjoys so much I personally have a woden fence that has only been partly in the ground for 6 years and the wood is now rotten, yet a tiny wooden doll lasts buried for 100 years?
BLANKY PLEASE!
TAZ
X
Ghostly98 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Good story! But if you don't mind my asking... Emmmm why'd you take home a possessed doll in the first place 😳 I certainly wouldn't and I'd feel bad because wouldn't it give the little girl some peace of mind to have her doll back? And the "website" you looked up dosen't seem to be a very good one as it didn't seem to give much information on the little girl, I mean it didn't even say HOW she died! Maybe try and look into it a little more, put more time into it 😊 Have you tried contacting her? Or would you rather leave her alone, if I were you I'd want to leave her at peace, I'd place the doll back into the doll house, just because it is hers in the first place.

And I just have one last question for you, you said that the little girls parents left the doll house behind, I find this odd as it would have been, now I assume, one of many of their daughters pride and joys to play with it, so why leave it there? But that's not a question you can answer I know, I'm just curious 😊 I enjoyed the story thanks for sharing it, hope to read more! Good Luck and God bless x

Ghostly98!
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
[at snowhite] I can agree with you. I wonder if that doll was possessed.

[at captain-alexandria] Did anything happen with the dollhouse or the little girl ever again?
Clarence (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
[Sorry about my random comment from last night. Someone was obviously messing with the posts and I was testing out a theory.]

Anyway, I dug your story. Very creepy. That part where you woke up to find all of the dolls removed from the house with except for the one in bed upstairs, mirroring you, was like something out of a Japanese thriller.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
Good Story... Nice Details... Loved the research...

One point to make... While an entry concerning the home may have been found... While someone may have copied the details of the 'little girls' death and the fact that your grandmothers home had been her residence all of that I can believe it's the FACT that the DOLLHOUSE was left behind in this type of article is 'unlikely'. I say unlikely because there may just have been a 'estate listing' for the home, however to find all of this information in one article is a bit much.

So in the interest of research and to 'relieve my doubts' is there anyway you could provide the link (s)...to the information... Or could you print them... Black out any Family Names and then copy the information back in and attach the pics?

I'm on the fence with this one...

Respectfully,

Rook
Clarence (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
Story story story story story story story? Or perhaps story?
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
If the girl passed away in the 1900, if her doll was left outside, it is about 100 years by now. I am sure the doll would have been rotten by the sun, the rain and the snow. However, dolls can be possessed by spirits.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
I'm adding this one to my favourites! Those old fashioned dolls houses are quite creepy alright, we have one in the attic I never used! I liked this story, I thought it was going to be a menacing doll out to murder you 😨 but thankfully it was a lovely tale, thanks. ❤
shubham1120 (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
AHHHH!
I got it!
APRIL FOOL!
NICE ONE MODS! 😁
You almost had me!
shubham1120 (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-01)
Was this site hacked?
Cause the word used for using paranormal beings is replaced by "clown"
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
Good story. Stories about dolls are a little creepy at times, but glad to know the little girl probably just wanted her doll back.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-31)
That's very sweet of you! 😊 I guess its pretty much possible knowing from your story that a girl died there playing, and the doll was never put back inside the doll house. If this happened many years ago, I am curious to know what's the fate of that particular doll and the doll house at present.
Argette (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Sorry to be a kill-joy, but this all seems too tidy to me. Is the cottage some sort of historic place that has a name and history on the Internet?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: