You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost at the Mayberry Inn

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost at the Mayberry Inn

 

I was about 13 years old at this time, and my family and I were going to the Mayberry Inn to take photos and see if we can capture orbs or other spirits in the pictures. As I stepped out of the car and looked at the white inn hidden by dense foliage, I got the chills. I said "to anybody that is listening, I'm not here to harm you" and I heard a jingling noise and felt cold. I looked down and saw a pile of coins. I looked in the house and saw a young woman grinning a friendly smile at me.

I walked in the house and suddenly, I was struck by fear as I looked at the fireplace, where the owner of the Mayberry Inn burned his victims. I saw the girl and she was frowning, so I said "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" and ran out of the house. I swiftly put the coins in my pocket that were in my fist.

We left after my mom's photos were taken and I put the coins in a little box, and that was all she wrote... Or so I thought. Ever since then, I've been seeing two little cats in my house that are not mine... And a human ghost. Before my visit to Mayberry Inn, I had a cat that died of natural causes, and occasionally I would see her walking about the house, and ever since I visited the Inn, she left. My mom says that you aren't supposed to accept gifts from ghosts because they will get in your house. I believe her now.

I rarely see the little cats anymore, and now it's the human. I feel someone watching me and holding my back every time I sit at the computer. I always look behind me. I feel cold, and like someone is staring at me. When I have my light off and it's dim and raining outside, they come into my room more. I don't really feel all that negative about them, but it freaks me out sometimes. It follows me wherever I go. Whenever I feel sad or depressed, the ghost is there and it feels comforting to me at times.

I have recently felt the little kittens laying on my bed as I was falling asleep. They were very comforting and soothing. I don't think this ghost dislikes me... I just think she wants help. I think she chose to come to my house because I suffer from sadness a lot, and so does she. She's a sad ghost, who wants peace, or maybe a friend. I don't mind the presence, and sometimes I like it.

All I have to say is, you may not be so lucky if you take a gift from a ghost... They may be angry, or even a demon, so be careful. No one likes a visit from a stranger at odd hours of the night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kailey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
Well, my parents always believed in ghosts which made it easier for me when I was younger. I still talk to my Mom about my experiences.

It seems as though this being very much picked up on your sadness and sensitivity and felt a similar connection to you. Maybe she felt that when you accepted her gift that you were inviting her into your life. She sounds very caring and that, my friend, is pretty darn awesome. Maybe, she needs you to help her!? Thanks for the great story!
😊 😁-Shelby ❤
TBailey (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
Me and some friends have gone there before. We stayed for about an hour. The whole time that we were there it felt like we were being watched. When we went to leave around 10:30 PM we looked back and saw a light upstairs. The stairs to the seconds floor are gone and there is no way to get to the top. We still don't know what it is. We are planning on staying the night soon to see what else we find out. 😐
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
I have never heard the part about taking gifts from ghosts... But maybe that is true. Another possibility is she simply attached herself to you as she has not yet found peace. Tell her to cross over to the light, she wi;; be able to rest there and will not have to be afraid any more. Even if you can not see her or feel her when you say this. Have a Bible and read verses to her from it (and mean and believe what you are reading). Place a cross in your bed room and pray. Pray, pray.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
I have seen 4 ghosts and heard the 5th one. I have had them contacting me through my dreams. They don't give me harm and there waiting for me in the other world they are in. My parents they don't believe in ghosts though too bad.
I enjoyed reading your story thanks for sharing it with us. 😊
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-15)
I have always wanted a ghost as a friend. You are very lucky. You are also lucky because your parents believe in ghosts. My parents refuse to do so because we are religous. Anyway, awesome story! So sweet, and non-scary-ish!
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-13)
Cool! That's awesome! It looks like she wants to protect you like a parent, because she follows you all the time.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-12)
Awwww!Next time you see her, talk to her.That's what I'm going to do soon, once I see one of my ghosts. Tell the ghost girl that she has a friend and if she helps you, then you'll help her. She is probally your guardain angel. Very few people see theirs. Tell me what she says!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: