You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Goddess Of The Inn

Real Ghost Stories

The Goddess Of The Inn

 

Hey guys, it's been a while since I have been active on this website. Well, I had been going through so many ups and downs in life, rushing back and forth managing my professional as well as personal life which never really left me with much time to invest on myself. I don't intend to run around in circles so I'll start my story.

This incident dates back to about 2015 when I was working as a deputy engineer in one of the L.G's branch departments based off at Incheon, South Korea. I was enlisted in the foreign country for a first time and it was difficult for me to get accustomed with the Korean culture, although the Koreans were welcoming I can't help but feel like a familiar stranger to them. It was culture shock as the east Asia felt completely otherworldly from the South-east.

Luckily, I found some companionship of fellow Indian mates working on the same firm as me. Despite of my relieved solitude the work stress was real owing to the work-culture of Asia.

So a few of us friends decided a take a little off from the work and enjoy ourselves on a vacay. We decided to choose a rural area as it was a trip to refresh ourselves from the work pressure and we can also explore the culture of this country on the way. Our destination was Boseong-Gun village in Jeollanam (sorry if I had mentioned it wrong). The village in itself was kind of isolated from the world of hustle bustle of the rest of the Korea which was it's attractive feature. There were no luxurious hotels to welcome the tourists but it was quite a tourist destination. There were various guesthouse and inns across the street.

We checked into this one inn I can't quite recall its name which was quite popular having a legend of a good luck goddess. The inn had a small 'zen' garden at the backyard with a fish pool at its center where the tourists used to throw a coin praying for good luck. The owner of the inn believed that the goddess used to visit and fulfill the wishes of the people. Initially I thought it was a sham to attract more tourists but still I adhered to it.

We were allotted a quite spacious room as we were three in number. The room had wall sized windows which directly opened into the garden. The view of the inn was fabulous. Harvey (Harvinder) was the only one in our group who knew Korean so he was talking to the accountant regarding the stay. I was tired so I went to bed early after the tiresome journey. Ravi and Harvey went to bed after some time hence. At the middle of the night I was suddenly awaken by the sound of what seemed like footsteps in the garden.

I was curious to know who on Earth is taking a walk in the middle of the night. So I opened the window to sneak a peak when I saw a woman wearing a traditional Korean dress (hanbok) sitting beside the pool. She had long black hair which appeared to be shining in the moonlight. Her body was pale with a feverish complexion in her toes and the moment I tried to get closer to her she turned her head around and all I remembered was that she was she was breathtakingly beautiful. What happened after that seems to have vanished from my memory.

I woke up to Ravi shaking me roughly while screaming my name with Harvey and many people surrounding me. I was so puzzled as to where I was when Ravi told me that he caught me wondering me in the garden heading towards the woods. I was utterly confused as I didn't recall what had happened even to this day I can't remember. I screamed at the top of my lungs narrating everyone what I saw. All of them were shocked while some refused to believe me but the localities said that I saw the goddess and I was lucky to have survived, these spirits are often tricksters who tend to tend to lure humans by wandering them off in the woods with their mesmerizing charm. Although, they remarked that I was not the only one who saw her.

After this confession I hugged Ravi thanking him to have saved me on time. I don't know whether I am blessed with good luck or not but I was indeed extremely terrified after this experience.

Other hauntings by Socracy5

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Socracy5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-28)
Ari.

I really appreciate your input and that from any other member familiar with the Indian culture, it helps to overcome the blind spots I might have of such an exotic country.

Nice to see you around.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-28)
Dear socracy5,
Even I am as confused as lady-glow about you, all because of your changing status 🤔

Dear lady-glow,
Don't worry about accusations. I got your back 😊

Regards
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
-2
4 years ago (2020-03-19)
Well, it's actually the other way around she was using my email id and password. I don't know why she did that. I don't know probably she did forget the password 'cause I had changed it thereafter. That's why she created another account. Hopes this clears it. Right now I'm a male, 27 year old as socracy5 and hopefully not changing it again
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-19)
Harrypotterrules,

I don't think I can do that 'cause I don't plan on going Korea anytime soon. Moreover, I can't be sure to find the same inn at the exact same place after 5 years. On top of that, I don't want to experience anything like that ever again since I could have nearly died.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-03-19)
Socracy

Are you trying to say that, somehow, you managed to guess the password for your cousin's account (the same password that she probably forgot and had to open a new account as darkfox)?
Wouldn't it have been easier to join the site opening a new account for yourself?

I don't know... It makes no sense.

There...I'm ready to be accused by certain someone of being biased against stories from India.
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
-3
4 years ago (2020-03-19)
Lady glow,

The previous account belonged to my cousin who left this website for reasons I don't know and she was a female but I am a male and I kind of stumbled across this website somewhat of a year ago and decided to post. I'm a male and it's ok to have confusion not irrelevant at all.
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-19)
To answer most of the questions, I actually was scared to death after hearing that so I never shown any curiosity thereafter. The locals believe that ghost brings good luck but kind of dislikes when humans notice her well, in some asian culture "Gods" are sometimes malevolent. I've heard some in Japanese and Chinese culture. They're probably guardian spirits who offers protection and if you've read my story properly you could see that I half- heartedly gave up my offering so it's angry maybe. I don't know.
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
-4
4 years ago (2020-03-19)
Well you see, the Hilary and darkfox both were actually my cousin who was using website. So we both are different persons. Apart from that she's now active in another website so I found this site insted and decided to post.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-18)
Bibliothecarius

Hello. Thanks for the correction, though the sentence:

"We talked mostly about the girly stuffs when she"

Makes me think more of two girls talking about crushes, nail polish colours, celebrity gossip, menstrual cramps, and other things that could be talked only between two girls or, at least, things that I wouldn't have been comfortable discussing with my best guy friend not my brothers when I was young, (specially not my brothers since they would have used this information to make fun of me...Haha!).

Always good to hear from you.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-18)
A side note to Lady-glow:
"Hilary" has been a *mostly* feminine name since the year 1900 but --like the names Leslie, Kim, Chris-- can be *either* masculine or feminine.
-Biblio
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-17)
Personally I wouldn't call a supernatural being that lures people away and are tricksters, a goddess especially since people told you that you are lucky to be alive 🤔
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-03-17)
All I can say is that next time you see her, if you ever do, you could go up to her and try to talk to her. That might work if you're trying to get more information as to what she's doing here.

Also, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is North Korea, not South Korea. South Korea is called the Republic of Korea.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Lealeigh, yes Socracy5 was previously both darkfox and Hilarygosick. It really make things confusing sometimes when an o/p forgets their password or something and creates a new account.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Now I am confused too. Is "darkfox" also the same person? They are in the comments of the story that lady-glow provided the link for - along with "hilarygosick".
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Hello Socracy.

I know this is irrelevant to your experience but, may I ask if you are male or female?

Based upon your first submission, there are few points that make me think you are female:

"We talked mostly about the girly stuffs when she"

At some point, it seems, your screen name was Hilarygotsick, and Hilary is a woman's name.

Hilarygosick (guest)... 2 years ago (2018-02-10)

"Well,the thing that made me believe Rachel can sense ghosts is from our childhood"

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25378

But the present narrative, in my opinion, seems to suggest that you are a man, otherwise I find it difficult to understand that you would share a room with two guys. And by this I don't mean that I consider this wrong, only that it seems rather unusual for a woman from a society as traditional as the Indian culture would stay in the same room with two men not related to her.

Also, what do you mean by "with a feverish complexion in her toes"?
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-03-16)
Hello Socracy,

I wonder why the locals associate good luck with the goddess if she sometimes lures people away to their death.

I'm glad that you and your friends were okay! Thank you for sharing this interesting story.

- Maria

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: