You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Graveyard Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Graveyard Ghost

 

At the time of my experience I was about 11 years old, and my family and I lived in a different house than we do now. On a small hill to the left of where the house was set was a small cemetery, called The Meadow's Cemetery. Our yard went all the way to the fence of the cemetery on the hill.

One night at around 8:30 I went outside, sat on the swing on the front porch, and watched cars go down the highway. I had been sitting there for quite a while and was thinking about going inside, and for no reason at all I looked up on the hill. I saw a man standing on the hill at the edge of the cemetery looking right at me. The outfit he had on was like something you would burry someone in. He was wearing a navy blue suit, white shirt and navy blue tie. As soon as I looked at the man he turned around, and ran up the hill, he then ran through a woven wire fence that was around the cemetery like it wasn't even there, ran into the cemetery, and disappeared into the night.

I did not tell anyone about my experience until we moved from that house to where we live now. To this day 7 years later I still am puzzled as to why this spirit was watching me that night. I wonder sometimes if this was an attempt for the spirit to give me a message or tell me something.

I have told many people about my experience, and some believe me and some do not. Still to this day I remember every single detail of what happened that night, I know one thing for sure, and that is I will never forget the man standing on the hill.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FlyingBuffaloes81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

FlyingBuffaloes81 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
rookdygin,
The woven wire fence definatly did not have any holes in it, and was as solid as a rock.

Thanks everyone for all the comments, and keep them coming!
-FlyingBuffaloes81
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
I hate to ask because this seems like a very honest telling of your experience... But was that fence ever checked to see if there was a hole in it? I just said on another persons 'story' that we must check all the details before and ensure that everything 'Natural/Normal' can be ruled out before we call an experience paranormal.

Consider that perhaps this man was dressed nice to visit the grave site of a friend or relative and upon seeing you he got nervous because he was there 'after hours'.

I'm not saying this wasn't paranormal... However with the given information there are other possible explanations as to what you saw.

Moongrim,

Interesting question... So I offer this... Walls and doors are easier to 'close off/move' than the floor of a building so it's possible the spirit (in the case of a residual haunting) is merely 'repeating' its actions from when they were alive... Remodeling aside. There are also accounts of 'spirits' rising through the ceiling or 'melting' through the floor. If the 'Haunting' is intelligent then the 'choice' must be 'theirs' as to what they 'pass' through.

Respectfully,

Rook
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
Strange thing that; Ghosts can walk through walls but not fall through floors.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-22)
FlyingBuffaloes,
I would think that running through a woven wire fence pretty much places him in the non corporeal being category, would it not?
Interesting account. I often wonder why a spirit would hang about in a cemetery at all. I guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks, eh?
Hun, you know what you saw, you sound very sure of your facts and description of the man. I certainly believe you.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
ghostgirlforever (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
hi, apperantly you MAY have a gift but how do you know it was not a real person 😕
SamiTheUnicorn (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Wow, thanks for sharing. That's creepy. I hate when people watch me. I'm surprised that for the age you were you kept it a secret. I would have screamed bloody murder! 😉
pringles (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
good story thanks for that, I love grave yard storys and I believe you x
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Good story. I enjoyed it, and I "do", believe you.
Thanks for sharing! 😊
Catface (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
I have never had an experience with a graveyard even though I had one close to my home not long ago. I find it interesting when I read about things like this, and wonder why more activity seemed to happen in my house than in the cemetery. Haha.

Either way this sounds like an amazing story, you should believe what you want to believe, and not worry about what other people believe.

Blessed Be. ❤
GAC_Fan_2012 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
I myself have had cemetery experiences. Thank you for sharing. I love ghost hunting in cemeteries like that.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
cool story. I love graveyard stories like that! Do tell more if you have some. I would love to hear them.
GIRLIE ❤
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
I think the man was staring at you because he didn't expect to see you there and then decided to go back to were he came from most likely puzzled about you like you are of him. Nice story Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: