You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Graveyard And Bike

Real Ghost Stories

Graveyard And Bike

 

This happened about 5 years ago at St.Paul's church in my hometown of Skelmersdale.

Recently single, I moved back to 'Skem' as we call it. I was bored and needed something new to do, so I went out and bought a brand new Kona Dew mountain bike.

Bike rides became a daily thing and I would ride for miles, either alone or with friends.

One day I was going past St.Paul's church, where my grandad is buried. If I was ever going on a bike ride I would always pass there and go in to see him. He died when I was just 1 year old so I never remember him but I think maybe he met and held me at some point in his life. I would occasionally visit just to say hello and show my face to let him see how I've aged.

Anyway, the last time I visited before this day, I remember his headstone was in a bad condition and I could barely find it because I couldn't read his name. Also I would always forget where in the graveyard his resting place was and I would always be searching for at least 10 minutes until I found it, sometimes I wouldn't even find it which was weird and frustrating for me.

This one day I was riding past the church, I stopped by the gate to go in and thought to myself, it's been at least 2-3 years since I've been here and thought about the state of the headstone last time and told myself I'll never find him, so with that thought I decided to not look and come back when I had more time and wasn't all sweaty from riding all day.

As I was about to set off, I went to roll my bike and jump on like I usually do and exactly at that moment two weird things happened. My back wheel seized up and scraped and skidded across the pavement for about a foot and my hand wasn't on the brake at all, I was pushing off to leave so my hand being on the brake doesn't fit in, nor was my wheel stuck in a gap in the pavement. I also received a huge ping of tinnitus in my ears to the point where I kind of wobbled a bit. I sometimes get tinnitus I'll admit, but never had it like that before. I really believe it was my grandad stopping me from leaving and the tinnitus, for me, tells me he was present.

Thanks for reading.

Sam.

Other hauntings by Sjn85

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sjn85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheNewBritishMan (1 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-12)
Hello there SJn85
Could you have inadvertently engaged the brake before you considered going into the graveyard?

Good story, I'm just a bit of a skeptic.
Tweed (35 stories) (2496 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2023-03-18)
Sjn, what a lovely encounter. Had the same thoughts as Lady Glow, he really appreciates your visits. Did you find his headstone that day?

Thanks for sharing.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
1 year ago (2023-01-21)
Hello Sjn85,

So did you stop after your bike gave you signs not to leave?

Has your grandfathers headstone been updated?

It's sad you were so young when he passed away. I feel sure he would have held you and been proud to have you in his arms.

This is a very touching experience and it's something that will keep you visiting him for many years to come no doubt.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Pelatiah (4 stories) (74 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2023-01-18)
Pretty church, just looked it up. I believe if you thought that when you were taking off, you are exactly right. Intuition is something I listen to.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-17)
Hi Sjn85

Even though you don't remember your grandfather, certain bonds go beyond the visual, physical and mental. I think he would like it if you visited often and this incident you experienced is his way of reminding you.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-17)
Hello Sjn85, great story, thanks for sharing.

You obviously have a gift for connecting with the planes of reality beyond what we see and and experience on a daily basis. You've already related how for a brief instant, you pierced the veil between 2 time frames and were even able to interact with that period. You're very receptive and it's something I definitely wouldn't take for granted.

Tinnitus is an interesting condition. More people are experiencing something like it nowadays. It's been said that that ringing is actually a form of spirit communication. It's experienced as a ringing that changes in volume, because the spirit is communicating from a different plane of existence, where the vibration is different, and so it varies as they try to shift it to where we can understand what's being communicated, thought it rarely seems to work, it just comes through as that annoying ringing, but it's enough to get our attention. To have it to the degree where it affected your balance, again attests to your sensitivity in my opinion.

I believe your grandpa was looking forward to this visit, he is close enough to you to know what your original intent was that day. It wouldn't even surprise me that if you had gone into the cemetery, that he would've easily led you to the grave site, despite your past difficulties.

Fascinating encounter and great share! I'm sure we'll be hearing more from you!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+6
1 year ago (2023-01-17)
Hi Sam.

I think your grandpa really appreciates your visits and doesn't care if you're sweaty and...stinky?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: