You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Graveyard In The Mountains

Real Ghost Stories

The Graveyard In The Mountains

 

This experience is a recent one of mine, which still I can't believe that I have seen it with my own eyes. I will explain it as short as I can and that too being able for you to understand.

In 1st week June 2017, I went on a family trip to Jammu and Kashmir (A very famous tourist place in India, it is also said to be second Switzerland.), first we visited Vaishnodevi mandir in Katra, Jammu (Holy place for Hindu), then My Dad decided to visit a new place called "Bhadarwah" which is 201 km from Jammu. We have visited Kashmir before, so we agreed on this. We left the very next day, we started travelling from morning 7 am. While going the scenery was so beautiful, we reached Bhaderwah around 5 pm in the evening (It took us time to reach because the whole travelling was by mountains, no plain area). We asked the locals what the famous places are to visit over there, they said if we are nature lovers we should visit "Paddri valley" which is 40 km from there. So, we decided to visit that place first.

We left for Paddri valley the next day, it took 2 hours for us to cover 40 km as the roads were so dangerous, anytime there can be a landslide. When we reached, we saw tents where they provide food and drinks. In front of us was a snow-covered mountain, honestly, it was a breathtaking view. Suddenly my eye caught something, it was a graveyard, graveyard of Muslims. It didn't have any boundary, an open graveyard in the valley spooked me, but I was not scared as I thought maybe it's natural over here to have a graveyard in these places.

We enjoyed, had lunch, clicked pictures. It was sometime in the afternoon (I don't remember the time) when I heard Prayers of Muslim's. Every Muslim over there started doing their prayer.

Suddenly the weather changed, the wind got a little weird. That very moment I saw something unexpected. Nobody knew where the group of crows came from. Those crows were flying just above the graveyard. They made a circle around it in the sky, I tried to click that picture but to our amazement, everyone phone got switched off automatically. We were standing still, it was like being hypnotised to see that scenario. When the prayer got over, those crows flew away and disappeared into the woods leaving us clueless. Our phones switched on. The local people over there were behaving normally as nothing occurred, it felt like they already knew something. After a few minutes, I asked one the local about it. "Does it happen every time?".

What he said made me smile, "Prayers have power, madam, this graveyard is of Muslim's and they are loyal to their prayers, so loyal that even death can't stop them."

Maybe he said too much, or genuinely it was true, but I did feel the power at that time.

Before we left, I clicked a photo of the graveyard. I will provide the photo if possible. Not a scary experience but it just spooked me.

Other hauntings by maggirockz13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maggirockz13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TejasD (1 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-17)
Thanks for Story. I always have a question from my childhood how the gadgets and electricity are controlled by souls?
TimeTravellingStoryteller17 (4 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-10)
Hi I am Vee, I have a youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=N1h5CF5--xY

Can I read your story on my channel?
Bodi-Gundamma (1 stories) (21 posts)
-3
5 years ago (2019-03-20)
Friend, there is no place on earth lik Jammu. Switzerland is just another place. How do I know? My son showed me in YouTube videos and it's not beautiful. About your story, I liked it and it was very well narrated.
not_ready (2 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-19)
Sorry I didn't mean cows but crows... But I wanted share about the cow road in texas so you can check it out... That is actually pretty cool and I have seen something similar before... Such a cool experience.
talib (58 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-18)
Awaliyas or Friends of God or Saints and martyrs in Islam are believed to be alive in their graves, their bodies remain intact, they don't decompose, even their shrouds are preserved, they are known to pray in their graves that's what Muslims believe.
Ambrotos (6 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-13)
Can someone share the pictures of the graveyard? Because Google said to their amazement, their satellite camera got switched off automatically when they tried to take pictures of the graveyard.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-11)
Wow? I've searched for pictures of this graveyard and what can I say? Just wow. It is beautiful.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-11)
With all due respect,
The first thing that came to my mind while reading this submission was like, "What happens when someone tries to connects their fantasy with real life", We find something like this.

"Suddenly the weather changed, the wind got a little weird" if someone visited to J&K they would know that due to the mountainous area and high altitude, sudden and rapid changes in weather are quite natural and oftenly reported.

"Nobody knew where the group of crows came from. Those crows were flying just above the graveyard. They made a circle around it in the sky, I tried to click that picture but to our amazement, everyone phone got switched off automatically", may be the crows were summoned by Saroman that is why all the mobiles goes disfuntional.
Surprisingly, an account created 10th of this month put comment just to authenticate that "he" also visited that place where the bural ground was, is quite strange and I must say what a coincidence.

Regards
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-03-11)
not_ready - what flying cows are you talking about?!?!? The OP never mentions any cows in her narrative.

Crow: "any of various large usually entirely glossy black passerine birds (family Corvidae and especially genus Corvus) "

Cow: "a domestic bovine animal regardless of sex or age."

...but then, if you don't seem to know the difference between "there" and "they're"...

Maggirockz - long time no see.

"this graveyard is of Muslim's and they are loyal to their prayers, so loyal that even death can't stop them."

I'm not sure what to make of these words, was the man implying that the birds were the spirits of the people buried in that cemetery?

According to the Muslim view of afterlife, only the spirits of people who died like martyrs go directly to heaven, and the rest have to stay by their bodies until the day of resurrection. I really don't know if spirits taking the shape of animals befits the Islamic beliefs.

I find the article in the following link very interesting:

Https://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/04/opinion/04iht-edhalevi.1.5565834.html

Personally, I think it would be interesting to spend more days there and see if the crows behave the same way always during prayer time.

Regardless of this being a paranormal event or not, it sounds like an interesting event to witness.

Thanks for sharing.
not_ready (2 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-03-11)
HAhahahahah Flaying cows... Here in Texas we have a ghost road of cows. People often get into many accidents thinking there alive...
cherryberry17 (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-10)
hi! I'm from jammu... And I have also visited paddri with my family... And I have seen that graveyard what you are talking about... But when I was there that time there were no prayers going on so I didn't experience anything like that! But I remember it was quite different because there were no boundaries! It was nice to read your experience that also where I have visited! 😁 so I can relate to your story quite a little🙌

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: